Another family with 19 kids is getting a TV show

EastCheats

Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
It looks like another family with 19 kids is getting a television show. Meet the Bates:

United Bates of America is an upcoming American reality television show on TLC, scheduled to premiere on August 13, 2012.[sup][1][/sup] The show is about the Bates family, a "mega-family" consisting of Gil and Kelly Bates and their 19 children (10 girls, 9 boys) living in Lake City, Tennessee. The family appeared on several episodes of the TLC reality TV series 19 Kids and Counting, which features their friends, the Duggar family of Arkansas, another family that includes 19 children. A TLC special about the Bates family, The Bates Family: Baby Makes 19, aired on March 13, 2012.[sup][2][/sup]In late 2010, the family was reported to be in the process of expanding its five-bedroom house, which at the time also contained eight bathrooms and two kitchens, as well as a schoolroom for the children's homeschooling.[sup][3][/sup]

Who will get #20 first? If they lived in China, they would not reach #2.

So long as they are not on the public dime I guess more power to them. I don't get the idea of being pregnant that often even if there were a few twins and triplets involved.

Reactions: 2 people
Yet another reailty show on what was once called The Learning Channel. Do we really need this? It seems that channels like TLC and History are anything but. All they really are now is 24/7 reality TV channels.

Yet another reailty show on what was once called The Learning Channel. Do we really need this? It seems that channels like TLC and History are anything but. All they really are now is 24/7 reality TV channels.

The one that runs me out of the room, is Toddlers and Tiaras, my wife watches the show, drives me nuts. I recall the murder of Jon Benet Ramsey who was a toddler in a tiara. I just think of the self-centered mom's pushing their kids into this for their egos.

The shows I grew up on seeing large families were The Waltons and Brady Bunch. There always seemed to be a good message. Nowadays just negative. Top of my list...
Snooki and the Jersey Shore losers.

The one that runs me out of the room, is Toddlers and Tiaras, my wife watches the show, drives me nuts. I recall the murder of Jon Benet Ramsey who was a toddler in a tiara. I just think of the self-centered mom's pushing their kids into this for their egos.

Any show that has children parading around on stage just creeps me out. You never know what kind of sicko is watching those shows.

I think I am less concerned with the sicko as I am the affect this will have on the girls self esteem and self worth. We live in a overly superficial and shallow society as it is without these idiots adding to the problem.

The Discovery Channel isn't too far behind either of them...

The one that runs me out of the room, is Toddlers and Tiaras...

Honey Boo Boo's getting her own show. Set your DVRs accordingly...

Watch less television.

This.

The Discovery Channel isn't too far behind either of them...

Discovery seems to be the one that got the ball rolling with shows like Dirty Jobs and Deadliest Catch. Which are not bad shows, they just opened the floodgates for channels like TLC, A&E, History etc.

How can you say that you don't learn from shows like Deadliest Catch, Kitchen Nightmares, Ice Road Truckers, Axe Men, Pawn Stars, etc?

I learn something in pretty much every episode...

And what negative message does a show like "19 and Counting" send? Some of the family-shows are definitely train wrecks, but "19+" seems to have a fairly normal message. It's like the Brady Bunch without a laugh track.

I think it's a piss poor example for young girls in this society. The idea that a woman roll is in the home to be barefoot and pregnant. Then there is the issue of over population and bring ing 19 lives into the world is in my opinion irresponsible to say the least.

I think it's a piss poor example for young girls in this society. The idea that a woman roll is in the home to be barefoot and pregnant. Then there is the issue of over population and bring ing 19 lives into the world is in my opinion irresponsible to say the least.

How else do we get more people to replace our aging population? Us "geezers" can't work forever.

Reactions: 1 person