Another Ground Incident

mgmt wanted to save 13 mill a yer but now are paying what--triple that amount. sounds like they need to dump menedez and rehire all 500 of the former AS employees back

With all the airlines and all the planes that fly every day, there have to be a fair amount of dings and bumps out there. Because 1 was serious, it seems that AS is suffering for it. I have personally been on 2 planes that were hit by ramp agents after we were loaded and ready to go, AWA and SWA. They received no mention in the news. I think that this is kind of being blown out of proportion. just my thoughts.......

True, there is a ton of ramp rash that occurs every day. I've spent many hours fixing it. Most of it is minor. I don't think the focus is unfair. If the moron that did the first incident had just raised his hand and said, 'my bad', we wouldn't be talking about it. In that incident the aircraft could have been lost and a lot of people would be dead.

It doesn't matter if they are contract or not. There is no room in aviation for people who can't take care and responsiblity. AS is just getting what they are paying for.

Could have just as easily happened with a unionized ramper as well... just because they get paid more or less doesn't necessarily mean it's going to change how they react to certain situations...

757-very true. People just need to take responsibility for their actions. It's the Nature of the business. If any employee makes and error from a Ramp Agent thru to the Captain, people can Die.

Could have just as easily happened with a unionized ramper as well... just because they get paid more or less doesn't necessarily mean it's going to change how they react to certain situations...
I feel that the difference here is who would report the damage, and who didn't. An Airline employee that would know better, and cared about what Could happen would have reported the damage. It is obvious that the Contractor didn't stress the importance of this issue with their revolving door employees. Remember that for what these people are earning, most don't really care if they lose their job to begin with.

I feel that the difference here is who would report the damage, and who didn't. An Airline employee that would know better, and cared about what Could happen would have reported the damage. It is obvious that the Contractor didn't stress the importance of this issue with their revolving door employees. Remember that for what these people are earning, most don't really care if they lose their job to begin with.

I don't think thats entirely accurate alot of us (me being a Menzies employee) do have families and things to take care of just like you do.

we do care about our jobs and we don't want to lose them. its what happens when you mass hire you get slumbs who spend a few weeks at a job then quit. but for most of us we been here for a while and we do care about what we do.

as for the dents. just about every aircraft you ride on has about 20 or so of those Dents that made the aircraft hole.

its bound to happen everytime the a/c pulls into the gate i can name about 5 diffrent vehicles that come into contact with the a/c 3 of them from diffrent companies so accidents do happen. with the pressure of getting flights out on time and being nagged by management and manditory overtimes there are diffrent circumstances that might of changed the employees judgement of reporting the incident.but i'm not at all saying it was right...

the employee who made the dent is still working here

What are you smoking?

A/C damage is a very serious incident.

At US the rampers take the time to make sure they dont damage an airplane and if they do, it is reported.

Safety comes first, everytime a plane pulls into a gate where you work it is hit?

Only thing that should be within 5 feet of the planes is beltloader, lav and water truck, and catering truck.

I worked as utility for years at US and drove the lav truck everyday (as I wanted too) and never hit a plane and serviced thousands of planes over my career.

Your post is total BS.

What are you smoking?

A/C damage is a very serious incident.

At US the rampers take the time to make sure they dont damage an airplane and if they do, it is reported.

Safety comes first, everytime a plane pulls into a gate where you work it is hit?

Only thing that should be within 5 feet of the planes is beltloader, lav and water truck, and catering truck.

I worked as utility for years at US and drove the lav truck everyday (as I wanted too) and never hit a plane and serviced thousands of planes over my career.

Your post is total BS.
It's pretty rare when I agree with 700, but he is totally right....If an airplane is hit every time it pulls up to the gate then there needs to be wholesale changes in your station....probably beginning with you...

Latest posts

Back