Another View heard from

Chicago -

The one bet you can be sure about: It’s doubtful the US Airways moniker will survive. The name’s a dead one, even if Parker gets his wish and wins Delta Air Lines (other-otc: DALRQ - news - people ). US Airways is a victim of bad service, gouging customers and two bankruptcies, a legacy most airline travelers would like to forget.

Not to mention that if Grinstein is going to sell, Delta could fit inside any number of carriers, including Continental, Northwest or United.

Parker wants Delta on the cheap. He has offered creditors $4 billion less, about half of it in US Airways stock. Who wants US Airways stock?

Sure, its been a high flier the past year, but America West (nyse: LCC - news - people ) and US Airways remain a dysfunctional airline. The two carriers still haven’t worked out their culture and pay differences, not to mention the combined airline’s soiled image with travelers.

Which brings us to why Parker is pushing so hard for Delta. With the stroke of a name change, Parker could wipe out years of bad memories. Delta may be suffering, but the carrier has a reputation for coddling customers.

So if Delta gets bought, watch out. Even Parker won’t be able to stop the dominos from falling. Even US Airways-Delta might end up getting sold, sending Parker packing.

:lol:

I didn't see the article as a negative to US. His points are valid. We need to end one merger before starting another.

US Airways would do better to take that money (or a small part) and upgrade their fleet and service.

What a silly article... it sounds like the gossip section of the newspaper... "Which celebrity was seen getting close with so and so at the Ivy...".

And when did it become Delta Airways?

You're not any better than those "hateful" DL employees when you paint all of us with one brush stroke.

Hum, lets see...For how many weeks have we endured the COLLECTIVE HATEFUL actions of your employees HISSING at US Airways and ENDLESS dribble about how evil Doug Parker is by labeling him as a Frank Lorenzo? Let's not forget the constant letters to the editors from the poor mouthing Delta faithful who act like Delta folk are the only ones who have pride in the job or company. Well it get's old. If that kind of HATEFULNESS is what we have to look forward to, I hope this DOES fall apart.

I would LOVE to hear what others besides the few that do nothing but sing the praises of DAL have to say except the in and out Keep Delta My Delta...Expectially Not US Airways!!

I understand why DAL don't want to merge, but please take ONE MOMENT to read the BS out of Atlanta. I have lived a FIGHTING THE CIVIL WAR merger and DAL will be the same thing. The question IS...How do DAL folk outside of ATL feel..Western? Former PanAM.

This merger would be a huge mistake for all parties...INCLUDING US Airways folks who love what they do JUST AS MUCH as the DAL folk.

I have lived a FIGHTING THE CIVIL WAR merger and DAL will be the same thing. The question IS...How do DAL folk outside of ATL feel..Western? Former PanAM.
What do you mean the Civil War is over!!?? :lol: When did that happen??!

I didn't see the article as a negative to US. His points are valid. We need to end one merger before starting another.

US Airways would do better to take that money (or a small part) and upgrade their fleet and service.

Does US have any A/C on order? If the DL merger does not go thru have they communicated to the employees a plan for the airline going forward?
Thanks in advance for the information.

Back