Anybody have any info about the new manager of DFW?

He does not like AA CS policy. Threatened to make changes. Definitely not off to a good start. DFW has many commuters since the layoffs. People rely on CS to be home with their families.

1AA said:
He does not like AA CS policy. Threatened to make changes. Definitely not off to a good start. DFW has many commuters since the layoffs. People rely on CS to be home with their families.
Then he will have succeeded where many others have failed. He will have his first standoff.

I remember several years back a certain station manager removed all resting furniture from the break rooms and wired the lights to be on all the time. Made threats about resting in the break rooms. The next few days the RGO list for DFW was like longer than Pinocchio's nose. Things went back to normal about a week later. 

1AA said:
does US not have a comparable policy.

I knew many AA employees who use it.

Is this also not something that is decided at the contract or even systemwide level by AA?

Cs is a swap.
At us it's in some of the CBAs, at aa it is not- it can differ from station to station I believe.

At US its in all three IAM CBAs and the CWA CBA, its contractual and doesnt differ at locations, the letter of agreement spells out all the conditions besides the article in it.

Reactions: 1 person
CSW-Change of schedule work
CSO-Change of schedule off

We have a very flexible CSW-CSO policy. It varies a bit from station to station but as of the last contract it has become more uniform system wide. I think because of the computer program that was implemented to run the policy. One employee can work another employees shift thus giving one employee an extra eight hours pay while the CSO employee will be short eight hours pay. Many of us who have two jobs or commute use this policy to accommodate our lives. usually by working three days a week or even two days a week. Double single double for three day work week or back to back doubles for a two day work week. This gives you five days with the fmily or the ability to  work your other job which many of us do here in the northeast. Due to the 24/7 operation it makes shift work much more bearable and time away from the job much easier to do.

As Bob Owens stated many times it helps the company out because it allows the mechanic to work so many extra hours it appears as if there isn't a mechanic shortage. We work at Brand X 3 days a week putting in forty hours then go to Brand B for another three days for another 40 hours and still manage a day off. So in actuality one person is doing the work of two people. It wears you out but 90 percent of us have done it. I did it for eight years working at Polar Air Cargo while at AA. Thanks to the twu B Scale...

AA-MRO.COM said:
As Bob Owens stated many times it helps the company out because it allows the mechanic to work so many extra hours it appears as if there isn't a mechanic shortage. We work at Brand X 3 days a week putting in forty hours then go to Brand B for another three days for another 40 hours and still manage a day off. So in actuality one person is doing the work of two people. It wears you out but 90 percent of us have done it. I did it for eight years working at Polar Air Cargo while at AA. Thanks to the twu B Scale...
And just to clarify...it helps out a lot of employees as well.

Im guessing RGO is OTS aircraft. This guy sounds like a real piece of work. You would think the US guys would be smart enough than to try the old new sheriff in town bit.

TopCat870 said:
Im guessing RGO is OTS aircraft. This guy sounds like a real piece of work. You would think the US guys would be smart enough than to try the old new sheriff in town bit.
. Correct and you would think by now they would learn. Time will tell.

Latest posts