APA sues AA, claiming 1113 does not apply to "expired" CBA

Wouldn't the TWU and APFA join this suit or just give in to the company's demands? In the pilots win this argument both those other unions would look stupid in the eyes of their members
Too late for the TWU, their members already think their stupid.

While I support the pilots 100% in doing whatever they need to do to save their contract.
I believe their chances of succeeding with this lawsuit are very remote.
There is only one winner here and that is the lawyers that are pocketing millions of
dollars from both sides.

Wouldn't the TWU and APFA join this suit or just give in to the company's demands? In the pilots win this argument both those other unions would look stupid in the eyes of their members
Can the APA coat tails take on that much activity?

The pilots are in a fight for their lives.. The company is not only trying to bend them over but also break it inside of them!!!! They have the most to lose pension wise and now they are going after their scope.... Good luck to the apa

The pilots are in a fight for their lives.. The company is not only trying to bend them over but also break it inside of them!!!! They have the most to lose pension wise and now they are going after their scope.... Good luck to the apa

Kudos to everyone putting up the fight! AMR should not be allowed to decimate your contracts with 5b in the bank. Maybe everyone should just go on spring break. The APA nextweek, the TWU the week after, and the APFA the week after that. AMR surely cant get injunctions placed on everyone simultaneously can they? Surely the court would see that something really bad is going on here with AMR. Just stay home - its better than enduring what you know is coming down the pike. Make AMR really bleed and see what its like. A month or so of what I advocate should force the company to reconsider.

Kudos to everyone putting up the fight! AMR should not be allowed to decimate your contracts with 5b in the bank. Maybe everyone should just go on spring break. The APA nextweek, the TWU the week after, and the APFA the week after that. AMR surely cant get injunctions placed on everyone simultaneously can they? Surely the court would see that something really bad is going on here with AMR. Just stay home - its better than enduring what you know is coming down the pike. Make AMR really bleed and see what its like. A month or so of what I advocate should force the company to reconsider.

No Strike No Lockout and who is going to bust the unions,.......

Go ahead and give the company cause to break your union.

Kudos to everyone putting up the fight!
The fight is to keep pay, benefits, pensions, and jobs despite the fact that AA cannot seem to keep from losing billions of dollars in between asking labor for givebacks every 10 years or so. Unions are hired to spit, cuss, and stomp a fit in our behalves but if their members work for a compAAny who's business plan is a dismal failure what's the use? Unfortunately it's too late for many of us to wait for the current leadership to get their acts together but those of you who are younger should use this opportunity to seek out a company that knows, respects, and values its greatest assets, the employees.

No Strike No Lockout and who is going to bust the unions,.......

Go ahead and give the company cause to break your union.
Pay no mind to 430 - he was instrumental to getting an injunction slapped on USAPPA, the US pilot's union, and wants ya'll to be as miserable as he is...

Jim

E, I hope you're not offended? seems everytime I poke fun at management, you step in and defend the clowns.

Poking fun at management is expected. Admittedly, I actively play Devil's Advocate on some management issues because there's nobody here other than me who's been on that side to defend them.

There's only so much you really take away from a discussion with like-minded people... it certainly won't make you question an incorrect assumption, and that just breeds more ignorance on both sides of the table.

The main reason I stay engaged here is to look at things from your points of view. It's certainly made me question a few things along the way when I was still a manager, as opposed to just reading CorpComm's talking points. I also know it's made me a better manager, analyst, & consultant along the way.

And no, I rarely take this stuff personal, unlike some who regularly try to make it that way.

Just an opinion but, this AA/Labor battle is going to be very ugly with all three unions. I personally do not think
AA will survive as a standalone with animosity that will prevail when the Judge fires the final shots on behalf of the company.
You will probably see AA merged or bought out and sold in pieces then the AA name liquidated. The workforce has had enough!

I can certainly understand the workforce having had enough of pay and benefit cuts. It's a terrible thing to have to go through. The unions at United, Delta and US Airways took some pretty nasty cuts in their bankruptcies and things are much better now, so I'm hopeful that AA will turn out the same.

As for this pilot lawsuit, it's bound to fail, for reasons others have said. I'm sure the bankruptcy judge won't take too kindly to being told he doesn't have the authority to abrogate the contracts in front of his court.

Exactly. Gotta love the pick and choose nature of the argument. "We don't have a CBA as defined under bankruptcy law but we have a CBA as defined under the RLA."

This filing might not result in Rule 11 sanctions, but I'll bet it provokes a rebuke from the judge.
How long does it take to get a rebuke from the judge,.... Or, does this case have legs?

Give it a week or two. The motion asking to have a separate status for the ex-TW pilots was filed around the 22nd of February, and the hearing didn't occur until Tuesday.

Their request was denied, BTW.

Back