Are the recalled flying yet?

MiAAmi

Veteran
Aug 21, 2002
Was just wondering if the recalls are back on the line yet? If so welcome back. Hows it feel to be back on the line again?

They go online the 24th, and have five available days for the balance of the month. They can bid for Aug but will almost certainly end up on reserve, since Aug-Dec-Apr is the junior reserve rotation.

MK

Was just wondering if the recalls are back on the line yet? If so welcome back. Hows it feel to be back on the line again?

Hi MiAAmi -

Thanks for your kind words. Regrettably, this meager recall will not have as much of a positive effect on the quality of life for active flight attendants as had been envisioned.

According to numbers obtained from the AA Flight Service Web site, attrition since the recall announcement has outpaced the number recalled. Keep in mind that the July attrition numbers are not included in that calculation. So, the reality of the situation is that there are now fewer active flight attendants doing the same amount of flying than before the recall. How frustrating!

Again, thanks for your support of the furloughed flight attendants. I hope you will let your voice be heard that we need more recalls.

Hunter

They go online the 24th, and have five available days for the balance of the month. They can bid for Aug but will almost certainly end up on reserve, since Aug-Dec-Apr is the junior reserve rotation.

MK
Your first full month at a new base if your seniority is within the reserve pool. You will be on that months reserve list.

Thanks for your kind words. Regrettably, this meager recall will not have as much of a positive effect on the quality of life for active flight attendants as had been envisioned.
One group that has benefitted is the 50-60 junior people at LGA who've been pushed off reserve. One FA I know who came over to AA about 1991 was still showing up on the backup reserve list every month, and now her name is nowhere to be seen.

There's nothing I'd like more right now than to help my fellow FA move off the reserve list. I'm still confident there will be more recalls this fall, although exact numbers and dates are hard to call. It's so close I can smell the jet fumes.

MK #243

My first trip on the line is on the 24th, a transcon to SFO that I plotted. We are not on payroll until that date. That is also the earliest that we can sign up for benefits. We are given hotel room for 2 days if we share, which I will be doing, and attending base orientation. We will serve rsv. in August and I'm cool with that.

I'm really excited and looking forward to flying again for AA.

Byron.

:D

One group that has benefitted is the 50-60 junior people at LGA who've been pushed off reserve. One FA I know who came over to AA about 1991 was still showing up on the backup reserve list every month, and now her name is nowhere to be seen.

There's nothing I'd like more right now than to help my fellow FA move off the reserve list. I'm still confident there will be more recalls this fall, although exact numbers and dates are hard to call. It's so close I can smell the jet fumes.

MK #243

My first trip on the line is on the 24th, a transcon to SFO that I plotted. We are not on payroll until that date. That is also the earliest that we can sign up for benefits. We are given hotel room for 2 days if we share, which I will be doing, and attending base orientation. We will serve rsv. in August and I'm cool with that.

I'm really excited and looking forward to flying again for AA.

Byron.

:D

Welcome Back!!! How was your first trip back?

Back