Are the unions getting the message yet?

SFJoy

Nov 29, 2010
Blow after blow the unions are being shot down.
Union membership in any industry in this nation is at an all time low.
Their power has faded and union representation has become redundent.
Flight Attendants, Tech Ops, and ramp have said NO to pointless 56 dollars a month taken out of their paychecks.
Above wing passenger service comes in a week. Shall see how their turn out is.
Yet the IAM (union trying to represent ramp and counter agents) keeps throwing hurdles upon hurdles against Delta and the National Mediation Board claiming that Delta interfered in the voting process and now want to appeal.
Why can't they get a clue and take the hint..WE DON'T WANT YOU!
I mean really..3 departments shot you down and still you clammer on.

Reactions: 2 people
Blow after blow the unions are being shot down.
Union membership in any industry in this nation is at an all time low.
Their power has faded and union representation has become redundent.
Flight Attendants, Tech Ops, and ramp have said NO to pointless 56 dollars a month taken out of their paychecks.
Above wing passenger service comes in a week. Shall see how their turn out is.
Yet the IAM (union trying to represent ramp and counter agents) keeps throwing hurdles upon hurdles against Delta and the National Mediation Board claiming that Delta interfered in the voting process and now want to appeal.

Well stated!
As soon as we can get rid of the 8 hr day/40 hr work weeks and bring back child labor the US will once again be a powerhouse in the world!
Screw unions!
:p

It certainly hasn't been "pointless" in my experience. Those $47/mo. were actually saving me $117 on medical premiums alone. I'd also add everyday I've clocked in since 2005 has been thanks to the IAM advocating on behalf of the membership to keep the line stations open. Seems like a really small price to pay to me...

Who are you to say that interference hasn't occurred? Your not seeing it doesn't necessarily mean that it didn't happen. Whether or not DL actually engaged in carrier intereference (and it wouldn't be the first time, BTW) will be up to the NMB to decide.

Who's "we?"

Its a standard union tactic when they get heir arse's handed to them. They file interference charges, whine, kick, scream etc. Good use of union dues i guess. :huh:

It certainly hasn't been "pointless" in my experience. Those $47/mo. were actually saving me $117 on medical premiums alone. I'd also add everyday I've clocked in since 2005 has been thanks to the IAM advocating on behalf of the membership to keep the line stations open. Seems like a really small price to pay to me...

Hmm................in my 14+ years at DL , I've yet to see one time clock ! :blink:

Thats because like everything else you have to ask management what time it is.

If I had a choice between the IAM and no union, I would absolutely vote for no union...oh, I forget they are the same with the exception of having to pay dues to the IAM, and having the Gen. Chairs make all of your decisions, and giving the Grand Poopa the ability to over-ride the membership vote IF he/she (of course there will never be a she) feels it is in the best interest of the membership. And don't even get me started on the IAMs "white ballot" practices... Clout? Yeah right..lol

http://nwaafa.org/docs/election/AFA_Supplemental_Interference_Brief.pdf

What a joke ! Nothing more than Union CEO's and Rep's trying to save their own jobs !

Delta played by "THEIR" new rules.....................and won, so move along folks, nothing of any merit to see here !

What a joke ! Nothing more than Union CEO's and Rep's trying to save their own jobs !

Delta played by "THEIR" new rules.....................and won, so move along folks, nothing of any merit to see here !

The NMB determines the merits of the filing, right? Right? Good! No monkey business there!

The NMB determines the merits of the filing, right? Right? Good! No monkey business there!

There's always monkey business when the govrnments involved....................period !

Unions just got their a$$ handed to them just like "The Annointed One" did in Nov................only difference is Obama didn't whine and #### about it !

Reactions: 1 person
The iam is as shady as they come, and should to be accused of tainted voting. They are the ones that rigged the us airways ramp vote when they let the phoenix rampers vote on site at the airport to push through the joint contract while the other hubs clt, phl, and outstations had to go to there local lodges. I applaud the DL rampers for kicking them to the curb!