Are you ready?

.But the bottom line is AA has not prepaired because they know they do not have to with the lapdog TWU. The TWU will NEVER strike AA you can take that to the bank if there is anything left of your paychecks to take to the bank.

Sadly, I have to agree. I believe the TWU will never let us get to a picket line. The threats will increase and the TWU will succumb to the pressure for fear of loss of union dues.

For CHAOS to be successful or close to it we need to do several things.

1) Put your LAPTOPS AWAY!
2) Do your job as outlined by the paperwork.
3) NO Overtime.

This will never happen because most of us are addicted to the Internet.
Some of us can not follow paperwork to the letter.
Most of us rely on Overtime to pay the bills.

STRIKE has been mentioned as of late, well the TWU has no strike fund and they give no direction to the membership
to follow. Chaos does work for the TWU International against it's members. We are in CHAOS only with ourselves.
This is the TWU's agenda.

Time to get rid of the TWU!

Sign an AMP card and lets get on with our profession.

For CHAOS to be successful or close to it we need to do several things.

1) Put your LAPTOPS AWAY!
2) Do your job as outlined by the paperwork.
3) NO Overtime.

This will never happen because most of us are addicted to the Internet.
Some of us can not follow paperwork to the letter.
Most of us rely on Overtime to pay the bills.

STRIKE has been mentioned as of late, well the TWU has no strike fund and they give no direction to the membership
to follow. Chaos does work for the TWU International against it's members. We are in CHAOS only with ourselves.
This is the TWU's agenda.

Time to get rid of the TWU!

Sign an AMP card and lets get on with our profession.

CHAOS actually can work more so than an actual strike. The F/A union wouldn't allow us (AMFA) at NWA to use that trademarked term but that is neither here nor there. When Del Femine of AMFA pulled a traditional strike on NWA I was not happy.AMFA always promoted the CHAOS mantra. I think his ego was way out there and he was itching to do a traditional strike thinking they could never run it without the mechanics. Well they proved him wrong at our ( the membership)'s expense. I had always advocated if not a CHAOS at least let us go back and force NW to lock us out..That would have allowed all the members to collect unemployment and would have stopped some of the spineless not to cross. CHAOS is so great because it throws a monkey wrench in their operation. Thats why an airline would much rather lock you out and get replacements then try to operate not knowing where or when a targeted strike might occur.

Another option is the Credit Union, I believe you can even buy insurance where if you lose your job the loan is forgiven but I do not know the details.

You don't know the details? Before you start giving advice you should have those details so you can share them with everyone else. You would'nt do that at a memebership meeting now would you? If the answer is no then you should not do it here.

WTF? Does it really take a week to re-arrange the furniture on the Titanic? This is CHAOS I tell you.

WTF? Does it really take a week to re-arrange the furniture on the Titanic? This is CHAOS I tell you.
it is chaos! the secret society is in full swing! gaurantee we have a last minute deal by 3pm tomorrow.....I'm just saying!

Incense burning, candles lit, "Love on the Rocks" by Neil Diamond looped on my Ipod, and bucket of contract Lube at my side. I'm ready.

Another option is the Credit Union, I believe you can even buy insurance where if you lose your job the loan is forgiven but I do not know the details.

Bob, it's one thing to question AMR's finances, but you really should get your ducks in a row before you start suggesting that people play roulette with their finances credit rating....

Can you post a link to the job loss insurance if it exists?... I just spent a few minutes on the Credit Union's website, and the only loan insurance product remotely close to what you've described is for death/disability.

Assuming the coverage still exists, in the short term, you might conserve a little cash, but it will cost you in the long run.

Here's a link to one credit union's job loss insurance on mortgages:

http://mortgageinsurance.genworth.com/pdfs/Marketing/JobLossBorrDisclosure-20110324.pdf

Maximum of three consecutive payments per occurrence, and lifetime maximum of six payments. Nowhere is the loan forgiven... They have a clause which denies claims due to "prior knowledge of any pending involuntary unemployment prior to the effective date of the benefit"... I'm not a lawyer, but if you are a union member and knew about the potential for a strike by your union, then coverage might be denied.

The house will always cover their costs first and foremost... so if they're the ones trying to sell you the coverage, beware.

------------------------------------------------

Think I'm just a corporate plant or a shill?.... You don't have to take my word for it.

If you've ever listened to Clark Howard on the radio or on CNN, this is the type of stuff he regularly debunks. He even wrote a piece about this on his blog last month:

http://www.clarkhoward.com/news/clark-howard/personal-finance-credit/credit-card-protection-policies-are-rip-/nCR3t/

Here's an excerpt from the Baltimore Sun article referenced from that link:

The Government Accountability Office reports that consumers shelled out about $2.4 billion in 2009 to the nine largest credit card issuers for debt protection products. For every $1 cardholders paid in fees, they received 21 cents of benefits. Meanwhile, the card issuers earned 55 cents, before taxes, on every dollar of fees.

If Clark says it's a rip-off, it probably is.

So does this Dave Ramsey reader...

http://www.daveramsey.com/articles/article-list/category/100423/ictid/stupidtaxf/storyID/39346/

----------------------------------------------

Sorry for making this a WT-length post.... but this goes beyond the normal definition of bad information, especially when it encourages people to screw around with their personal finances and credit ratings...

Saving money for a job interruption is sound advice. Stop eating out and going to the movies once a month... Give up cigarettes. Get rid of HBO and Skinimax, sell the jet-ski, bass boat, camper, park the extra car on blocks & discontinue the insurance... Go read DaveRamsey.com and figure out other ways on how to become debt free...

But borrowing?... You'll have better luck at the craps table.

Most people here are not to worried about a credit rating here....Most were wiped out in 2003,so thats not an issue. I have already prepared for a strike months ago 401k cash standing bye....Its just insurance self funded. Oh yes our 401k is a very poor performer,I no longer put the majority of my cash there.I lost complete faith when JP MORGAN took over deemed AMR a poor investment sold at less than a dollar,then the company reissued our stock as options. Im quite sure they laughed all the way to the bank....

Most people here are not to worried about a credit rating here....Most were wiped out in 2003,so thats not an issue. I have already prepared for a strike months ago 401k cash standing bye....Its just insurance self funded. Oh yes our 401k is a very poor performer,I no longer put the majority of my cash there.I lost complete faith when JP MORGAN took over deemed AMR a poor investment sold at less than a dollar,then the company reissued our stock as options. Im quite sure they laughed all the way to the bank....
chris check these guys out. you have to proactive in your investments

https://www.eztracker401k.com

https://www.eztracker401k.com/american401k/performance/

You don't know the details? Before you start giving advice you should have those details so you can share them with everyone else. You would'nt do that at a memebership meeting now would you? If the answer is no then you should not do it here.
Thought this was a discussion forum not a membership meeting.

This discussion forum is an audit trail that's probably more accurate.... When's the last time meeting minutes were delivered instantaneously & verbatim on what was said, and not edited & approved after the fact to be politically correct?....

I'll just repeat what I said previously. Before you start giving people advice regarding their finances whether it be here or a membership meeting you should get your facts first and not guess.

Borrowing from a 401k is a bad idea....We have had plenty of time to save for a rainy day. Well its going to rain soon.
Just watch the rats crawl out and cross the picket line squealing how they cant afford to man up and defend their proffesion.

Back