Arkansas naivette ?

delldude

Veteran
Oct 29, 2002
Downrange
www.youtube.com
She's a rookie

After her speech, Clinton accepted questions. But according to Grinnell College student Muriel Gallo-Chasanoff ’10, some of the questions from the audience were planned in advance. “They were canned,†she said. Before the event began, a Clinton staff member approached Gallo-Chasanoff to ask a specific question after Clinton’s speech. “One of the senior staffers told me what [to ask],†she said.

Clinton called on Gallo-Chasanoff after her speech to ask a question: what Clinton would do to stop the effects of global warming. Clinton began her response by noting that young people often pose this question to her before delving into the benefits of her plan.

But the source of the question was no coincidence—at this event “they wanted a question from a college student,†Gallo-Chasanoff said. She also noted that staffers prompted Clinton to call on her and another who had been approached before the event, although Clinton used her discretion to select questions and called on people who had not been prepped before hand. Some of the questions asked were confusing and clearly off-message.

I thought FEMA had an exclusive here?

It would appear not.

I would love to see a debate where no one knows the questions, the questioners come from a pool not chosen by the candidates. Draw them from various educational sources such as universities and lets see what they know. They should be questioned on economics, world politics, culture and the like. It would be like a SAT test for the POTUS. They would get graded and then we will see who has a brain and who does not. My guess would be that they would all come out looking like dumb asses.

When el chimpo was running for re-election in 2004, he staged what were called "Ask Bush" events.

PEN USA’s First Amendment Action Committee is disappointed in the Bush administration’s tactics to overshadow press corps reports with false and staged interviews from Bush supporters.

Instead of taking questions from reporters, President Bush has increasingly begun to take questions and interviews only from citizen-supporters, who often were made to sign a political loyalty oath to be allowed into the events.

These events, called “Ask Bush,†of which there were four last week, the President gave a long speech and then staged interviews with prepared guests. Afterward, supporters asked him such questions as, “Mr. President, you were a fighter pilot, and you were with the 147th Fighter Wing? …And flew a very dangerous aircraft, the Delta F102?...I want to thank you for serving our country.â€

While supporters are definitely welcome and expected at events where the President speaks, those citizens who may not agree with his policies, or have pressing questions should be allowed as well. However, the audience in these “Ask Bush†events is carefully screened to keep out anyone who might ask a difficult or negative question, dealing maybe with the September 11th attacks, or the war in Iraq. Before attending events like these, citizens must prove they are supporters of Bush, and are often asked to sign waivers such as the one used in New Mexico for a rally with Vice President Dick Cheney. The form read as such: “I, (full name)… do herby endorse George W. Bush for reelection as President of the United States…†and states “in signing the above endorsement you are consenting to use and release your name by Bush-Cheney as an endorser of President Bush.†In Traverse City, Mich., a 55-year-old social studies teacher who wore a small Kerry sticker on her blouse had her ticket torn up at the door. “How can anyone in the United States deny someone entry?†she asked. “Isn’t this a democracy?â€

So, Bush usually ends up talking to conservative, highly-religious crowds whose question/statements sometimes do not even require answers. Often they simply thank Bush for bringing “God back into the White House†or for being such a strong leader. The questions are never about important issues, and are pre-screened.

Remember el chimpo's "staged event" via satellite with U.S. troops???

http://newsbusters.org/node/2192

Whats good for the goose is good for the gander i supose.

I do not buy in the goose/gander ideology (although I understand your point). Local and other keep prancing about saying Clinton did this and Clinton did that so W can do the same stupid things.

There is right and wrong (how ever one defines it) and I don't give a rats ass what Clinton did or what Regan did or what Bush I did. I care about what W is doing now. I care about what H Clinton is doing now. I do not excuse their actions just because some other dumb ass did the same thing way back when. If H Clinton used set up questions she should be taken out back and beat. We all know W did it (and I am sure others before him), and that does not make it right.

I couldn't agree more, Garfield. I was simply showing delldude how hypocritical he sounds when he blasts democrats/liberals for being liars and thieves when his own party hasn't exactly done themselves any favors either. For every Clinton indiscretion, i could find 2 or more Bush screw-ups as well. At this point, i don't think either party has a leg to stand on with regards to ethics.