Article: American Airlines And US Airways: Good Or Bad?

Parker is no white knight, he is a bottomline spread sheet worshipper just like the cadre currently overseeing the demise of AA.Make no mistake, if Parker gets to "Pull the levers" at AA people here will be screaming for "Regime Change" in less than six months.

I remember when airways went with Dave Seigal and they were all gushing over themselves how things were going to look up. In two years through two chapter 11's he proved he was worth nothing and left with 4.5 million right after he said he was staying at airways for the long haul.
Hasn't any one learned a lesson from the politicians who say and promise anything just to get elected? Airline exec's,politicians are all cut out of the same cloth. They are all polished at telling people what they want to hear, and the masses believe and hang on every word as if were true. Wake up,business exec's,politicians don't care a bit about anyone else but themselves.
Remember the phrases, 1000 points of light,change you can believe in, contract with america, the new deal,the new society, believe in america, all nothing but meaningless dribble that seems to work on people who live in a fantasy world. Get used to the new normal.

I'm an AA mech, and the feelings we have are more, we have not too much confidence in our current executives. But when we look at USair, there seems to be more of the same delay contract talks when the employees are do a raise. Plus I don't see how having AA pilots (who are not known for being easy to get along with) meshing with the pilots of USair who are having big fight between the west and east pilots, and after 6 years ( I believe ) of being "merged" USair and AW are still operating separately. All I see are years of pilot/FA court battles and no good synergies, unless the union heads have everything ironed out pre merger.

What scares me the most is the pilots wanted Cardy over Crandall, then wanted Arpey over Cardy, now they want Parker over Horton, all the while talking about the good old Crandall days. Just like the TWA pilots wanted Icahn, look what happened to the TWA employees in the end.

bigjets, this is one of the most intelligent comments I've ever seen on this board. I just published a piece today about the AA pilots, and how bringing them into our existing East-West mess at US would be a disaster. You are right on the mark!

Signals/firedougparker:

Can you please post your very enlightening published piece about the plight of the poor AA pilots and US pilots not getting along? Perhaps you could also publish the DP proposed payrates for the combined group. Also, can you tell us what kind of wonderful stand alone prospects either airline will have in the future absent a merger?

We all value your opinions very much and would really want to know just how you feel. Perhaps you are available to be the CEO if you have a clean driving record and spotless life (that is). lol

He fails to disclose who would replace Parker if his wish came true. Calling for the oust of one CEO without having a better replacement is a fools paradise.

Back