LEE: No merger for American Airlines

I didn't ignore any of Bob's comment to the OP's article; I merely pointed out that Bob posted his typical nonsense-filled irrelevant-fact-filled rant. I didn't actually refute any of the nonsense in Bob's stock answer. Bob Owens has mastered the slavish devotion to red herrings.

The amount of cash in AA's bank account has nothing to do with the amount of the concessions that AA will obtain. The number of new fuel efficient airplanes on order for delivery over the next few years has nothing to do with the amount of concessions that AA will get. Sad as it is, the payrates of other airline AMTs won't matter. The judge has already reminded the unions that the concessions of 2003 don't matter now.

Its easy to see when FWAAAs pride has been hurt. He resorts to making broad attacks instead to true debate. I guess that why he is a Blogging lawyer instead of a real one. I'm sure he is aware that my words are not meant to influence a judge or an executive but rather my peers lest they get duped again.

There will be no six year term imposed on us unless we do it to ourselves. FWAAA can no longer throw out that "Red Herring". Concessions will be what we are willing to give, if the court imposes them on us we have ways of making that a bad move, and we will have to go that route. Even the court should not be permitted to take away our rights. The question is do they really want to elevate things to that level? If we go that route I would hope that we could get our peers who would likely be put through the same thing once again to join us, maybe an industrywide overtime ban during what is looking to be a very heavy travel season this summer? Who knows? We arent the only ones who are fed up and things are much worse for us now than they were during the last "summer from hell".

Look at the "nonsense" that being presented to us. After tolerating four years of stonewalling, by the company, by the NMB and by some who are supposed to be on our side, we are in C-11 where, as we sit at the bottom of the industry the company is trying to get us to, under the threat of being able to impose new terms while we are denied self help, accept even more concessions, and why? Because they need them to survive? NO. They are doing this so they can not only buy 500 new airplanes (that will eliminate an estimated 3000 jobs in addition to the RIFS) but earn over 17% in profits!!!! So they can be the most profitable airline ever while we are the lowest paid in the industry.

Maybe these "irrelevant facts" mean nothing to FWAAA, maybe they mean nothing to the Judge (although the two week extension indicates that they may mean something, Hostess was only shooting for 10% and that judge rejected their request) but I think it means something to my peers, the people who were duped into accepting concessions in 2003 because they were told those sacrifices would be considered when AA filed for BK, who are being duped into working for inferior wages and benefits, the ones who will either continue to say NO to this "nonsense' or roll over and accept it.

There will be no six year term imposed on us unless we do it to ourselves. FWAAA can no longer throw out that "Red Herring". Concessions will be what we are willing to give, if the court imposes them on us we have ways of making that a bad move, and we will have to go that route. Even the court should not be permitted to take away our rights. The question is do they really want to elevate things to that level? If we go that route I would hope that we could get our peers who would likely be put through the same thing once again to join us, maybe an industrywide overtime ban during what is looking to be a very heavy travel season this summer? Who knows? We arent the only ones who are fed up and things are much worse for us now than they were during the last "summer from hell".

I hope you have deep pockets, have you not realized the airlines will have the unions in court so fast.

AA, UA and US all have had or still have injunctions against them for "slowdowns"

I hope you have deep pockets, have you not realized the airlines will have the unions in court so fast.

AA, UA and US all have had or still have injunctions against them for "slowdowns"

Not giving a crap anymore is not a slowdown.

A union President telling people not to take overtime is considered a slowdown.

If the TWU decides to break the law? You are pretty funny. Either way the TWU's days are numbered.

A union President telling people not to take overtime is considered a slowdown.

I can see why your two trips to Bankruptcy Court was so successful.
And, after your two failures, it makes you so inclined to come an educate us.
That's funny crap!!!!!!

Nice spin, but you all voted on it, now didnt you?

Your negotiators are your coworkers and Presidents right?

Nice spin, but you all voted on it, now didnt you?

Your negotiators are your coworkers and Presidents right?

Actually our current Labor Agreement was signed "without further ratification" by the so-called TWU International President James C Little in 2003.

Doesn't mean you or the IAM Succeeded. Just confirms the level of which the TWU SUCKS.
All AA Mechanics need is The IAM. F**k The TWU and F**k AMFA.....The AA Mechanics just cry and sound helpless. Informer and Buck seem like the only 2 on here that have Big Balls. Everyone needs to Step Up and Kick the TWU Out the F**kn Door...Bob Owens also Stepped Up....I believe Horton and Parker are playing all the AA Employees. They are CEO's and there job is to LIE....Horton is winning and will Checkmate AA Employees soon and you can't stop him...God Bless you all,its going to get Ugly real Soon...

Hey AA89. Horton will take whatever balls you have left and then he will take your blood if hasn't done that already and then he will take your first born..Horton is a Corporate Raider and must be STOPPED

Back