Australia

412 driver
yes thats our 206 bombing around. If you know Chinooks 47's you may know if they are turbo charged, I didnt think to ask if they are. I'll ask today though and find out.

Heli Ops said:
Heli - Who is operating the 109 and who is flying it, out of curiosity.

Heli Ops

P.S. Presume it is just used for corporate work.
Corporate, private, me for a couple of weeks whilst the regular has time off B)

Heli - Makes a change there from Davids old C model.

Looks like Essendon is a hive of activity at the moment. By the way where is the 205 going to be based, Devonport end or Hobart.

Heli Ops

not a big deal. i just seem to remember G2's being normally aspirated and the G3-B1's having the turbo's..........

i'm instructing over at BC Helicopters now. stop by for a coffee.

412 driver, I was going to swing by there and look at your machines.
I trained on the HU30, fun little aircraft. All the schools in that area seem to be
busy. I enjoyed watching all the new blood getting ready to enter the industry, some with 40 hrs some with 2 hours and everytime they hear a helicopter they run to the window to look.
It makes a guy remember when he was there and how long and hard of a road it was for most starting out, One thing though in my eyes I could pick out the ones that wouldnt go far in the industry, the cocky know it all, "I'll get a job as soon as I'm done types".
There was a few students that really impressed me with there knowledge and understanding of everything. Could make a few high time people look bad.
Ohh starting to babble. I'll stop by next time I'm through there.

Heli Ops said:
Heli - Makes a change there from Davids old C model.

Looks like Essendon is a hive of activity at the moment. By the way where is the 205 going to be based, Devonport end or Hobart.
Dunno where the 205 will be based, maybe in the middle, Launceston? I'll ask tomorrow.

Re LUI, no longer available for sling/bucket work, owner's son took command decision to remove the hook. Good idea, totally wrecked a fine machine :down:

Currently at YMEN: two 109E's (FOX 2 arrived last week, Power Elite), one 109C, two police 365N2's, one police AS350, backup Police 365C2, two Super Pumas, two 205's, one BK117-B2+, four B206BIII's, one LongRanger, one R44, one Gazelle, and a Hughes 500 under rebuild. Fixed wing in there somewhere, but running up and down runways to take off has limited potential :p

Dont forget the Crane that should be there soon. Sounds like a great bunch of machinery. Hell, imagine trying to do a formation photo shoot with all then. Would be a great sight.

I remember when I shot a Crane and Lloyds 212 in formation down between the buildings in Melbourne, that was a fun trip. John Eacott put up the camera ship and he got me into some truly brillant positions to shoot the Crane and 212.

Heli Ops

P.S. Glad they took the hook off the 109. I got some pics of it bucketing in the heat near Richmond couple of seasons ago and I could have pissed in the bucket and filled it up. Just didnt look right.

P.S. Glad they took the hook off the 109. I got some pics of it bucketing in the heat near Richmond couple of seasons ago and I could have pissed in the bucket and filled it up. Just didnt look right.

Probably sending the Monsoon bucket for repair to the workshop at the concrete batching plant didn't help. The checkerplate welded into the base probably helped it sink upright, but :rolleyes: :shock:

Firehawk,

"It makes a guy remember when he was there and how long and hard of a road it was for most starting out, One thing though in my eyes I could pick out the ones that wouldnt go far in the industry, the cocky know it all, "I'll get a job as soon as I'm done types". There was a few students that really impressed me with there knowledge and understanding of everything."

man, it's like you're reading my mind. that is so true. we have a couple of real keen kids and then you get one or two of the "other" ones. hey, all we can do is teach and try to guide but the rest is totally up to them. big wake up call coming i guess. :eek:

coffee is always on. that goes for the rest of you out there too eh? :up:

Heli -Did you get that PM about postal address.

Heli Ops

P.S. Let me know when its down there and might have to go and have a looksee.

Hey 412 in my travels I have also met some cocky students and in following their journies it is interesting to note that a few of them ended up finding work have since balled up a machine and are now in their next choice of careers. Hmm I wonder if there is a pattern here. :eek:

Some better photos of the 109 panel (note the marks on the EFIS after we got the dribble off....;) )

A109E%20cockpit.JPG

109%20panel%20small.jpg

A109E%20at%20dawn.JPG

Back to the boring old 206 & 117 next week B)

Heli - Have worked out who thou are. Good to see you get to fly the new 109 around. Makes a change from the BK - Mr JE.

Heli Ops :p

Back