B6's sister co. Azul (Brazil) to go public

WorldTraveler

Corn Field
Dec 5, 2003
Because of his dual US and Brazil citizenship, Neeleman is one of the very few people in the world who has opened airlines in multiple countries. He is still the largest shareholder in Azul.

Azul is now at an age where they are ready to do an IPO.

There has been speculation for years that B6 and Azul would link their route systems but so far the distance between even FLL and Azul's northernmost cities is beyond the range of either's aircraft - but that could change with newer versions of the 320 family.

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2013/05/27/jetblue-founder-to-take-brazils-azul-public/?mod=yahoo_hs

They are not sister companies, why do you post misinformation?

He was ousted at Jetblue at the CEO then as the Chairman of the board, he has nothing to do with B6.

JetBlue and Azul (blue in Portuguese) were founded or fathered by the same person.

Siblings remain related even if they do not talk and in this case remain related by paternity even if there is not a commercial relationship between the two companies.

Reactions: 1 person
First of all a company is not a child, he didnt give birth to it, he started it with investors , like George Soros and has had nothing to do with B6 for a while now. He was ousted as CEO in May of 2007 and removed from COB in May of 2008.

Just like he co-founded Morris Air with June Morris, yet you arent posting he has ties to WN since WN bought Morris and he worked for WN for a short time also. He also helped start West Jet but you arent claiming that either are you?

Its not a sister company, they have no ties to each other, why dont you show us how they are if thats what you think?

other that to argue, what's your point?

The article is about an IPO for an airline that was founded by the same founder of JetBlue that happens to have a very similar name, just in Portuguese.

DO you have anything to contribute based on that summary?

other that to argue, what's your point?

The article is about an IPO for an airline that was founded by the same founder of JetBlue that happens to have a very similar name, just in Portuguese.

DO you have anything to contribute based on that summary?
I'm just curious how you can make the comparison that they are 'Sister Companies'? Just because they were founded by the same person, and DN was ousted by JB, I wouldn't call that a healthy family! Perhaps a re-phrasing of your words would have gone smoother... 700 gets 'riled easily :)

He made the statement they were sister companies, I asked him to prove it and provided why they arent

700 gets 'riled easily :)
he and apparently the rest here also have an uncanny ability to focus on the gnats in life to the exclusion of what really matters.....

if you don't like the word "sister company" then move on and discuss the topic at hand... or perhaps you'll tell us there will be an IPO until someone shows up with the paper checkbook.

he and apparently the rest here also have an uncanny ability to focus on the gnats in life to the exclusion of what really matters.....

if you don't like the word "sister company" then move on and discuss the topic at hand... or perhaps you'll tell us there will be an IPO until someone shows up with the paper checkbook.
Oh that is rich in flavor, now, to you, we are all Gnat investigators worrying about life and what really matters? Get real. The point was about your statement that they are 'Sister Companies', PERIOD. I could give a rats butt if they get an IPO cuz I dang sure won't invest in it. I'll move on when I choose so don't tell me what to do! No, I do not care for your choice of words simply because it is inaccurate, as they are NOT 'Sister Companies', can you get that through your head? The topic at hand was a possibility of them going IPO, I read that but no where did I read in the post that they were 'Sister Companies'. Your words, no one elses!

Reactions: 2 people
since you have no interest in the topic by your own admission, you are indeed chasing gnats.

I doubt very seriously that they were looking for any investors among the airline employee community - so there should be no loss.

Oh, and it is not a possibility - it is confirmed.

Latest posts