Beware trying to Non-rev from Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoflyer

Mar 2, 2024
Was in the Rio Grande Valley in February. Normally when we take long trips at some point I non-rev home to check on things, pick up the mail, etc. I heard from a friend who is retired from AA his wife had tried to non-rev out of San AntOhio and was unable. Seems the terminal is packed with migrants who are standby for every empty seat north, at taxpayer expense, of course. So I went to the McAllen airport and asked an agent about this. He confirmed it and gave me the very limited times I might get on a flight.

Does anyone else have information on this issue?

Was in the Rio Grande Valley in February. Normally when we take long trips at some point I non-rev home to check on things, pick up the mail, etc. I heard from a friend who is retired from AA his wife had tried to non-rev out of San AntOhio and was unable. Seems the terminal is packed with migrants who are standby for every empty seat north, at taxpayer expense, of course. So I went to the McAllen airport and asked an agent about this. He confirmed it and gave me the very limited times I might get on a flight.

Drive to Austin? That's still in Texas.

My daughter lives in Austin and it is usually pretty crazy to non-rev out of. San Antonio is my go to if Austin is heavy but I guess I better look into buying a ticket.

Well...I think this thread was more about migrants than non revving. Back in the late 90's and early 2000's, long before our migrant crisis, I had several friends at Southwest Headquarters. When my dad got sick, I flew there often. A couple of them told me that they could give me buddy passes (I never asked for them), but said that odds were pretty good I'd have a tough time getting a flight and added that when they had to be somewhere, they would just buy a ticket. With average load factors in the 80+ range it would seem that non revving for "leisure" is fast becoming a thing of the past.

But I wonder why the government would have migrants flying stand by. Heck...hang around long enough and Abbott would charter a plane for them

Reactions: Seatacus
My AA friend’s wife had trouble out of San Antonio.
Yes. But ex son in laws parents live southeast of San Antonio and they have flow into both SAT and AUS. IF the flood of illegals are standing by for flights - pushing non revs back, then maybe Austin is a better choice. Otherwise look for fare sales and buy a ticket.

This wouldn't be your friends wife, would it

Well...I think this thread was more about migrants than non revving. Back in the late 90's and early 2000's, long before our migrant crisis, I had several friends at Southwest Headquarters. When my dad got sick, I flew there often. A couple of them told me that they could give me buddy passes (I never asked for them), but said that odds were pretty good I'd have a tough time getting a flight and added that when they had to be somewhere, they would just buy a ticket. With average load factors in the 80+ range it would seem that non revving for "leisure" is fast becoming a thing of the past.

But I wonder why the government would have migrants flying stand by. Heck...hang around long enough and Abbott would charter a plane for them
The only crises here is a government that refuses to enforce our immigration LAWS.

My intention was never for this to be a political topic, just a heads up about non-reving so I'd appreciate keeping it that way.

Reactions: Dog Wonder
What does that have to do with non revving out of San Antonio?
It is just another example of Dumbocrats f*cking the American citizen. Flying NORTH... to sanctuary cities and, as Neoflyer stated, at TAXPAYER EXPENSE. Denying AMERICAN CITIZENS opportunities to use an AMERICAN transportation service.

Did I dumb it down enough for you?

My intention was never for this to be a political topic, just a heads up about non-reving so I'd appreciate keeping it that way.
I don't care what you would appreciate. A political topic is exactly what this is. Our border continues to be violated and our government continues to redistribute our tax dollars to benefit invaders.

Now our employees can't even make use of nonrev because our taxpayer funded invaders are congesting the airports.

The fact our government is sending the bastards NORTH instead of SOUTH tells you all you need to know.

I don't care what you would appreciate. A political topic is exactly what this is. Our border continues to be violated and our government continues to redistribute our tax dollars to benefit invaders.

Now our employees can't even make use of nonrev because our taxpayer funded invaders are congesting the airports.

The fact our government is sending the bastards NORTH instead of SOUTH tells you all you need to know.
Looks to me like Neo was talking about non-rev ideas not our border policy. He started this post so the polite thing to do would be to stick with the topic. Maybe start your own post about border issues.

Looks to me like Neo was talking about non-rev ideas not our border policy. He started this post so the polite thing to do would be to stick with the topic. Maybe start your own post about border issues.
Seems to me he was talking about both (see red text). One is a consequence of the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts