BIG ANNOUNCEMENTS COMING

Status
Not open for further replies.

nonrev

Aug 7, 2004
HIGH COMMAND
Visit site
Word on the street is that the merger with United is not dead. Sources from the westside say things could be announced this month. Also more maintenance station closings. Insiders say Hartford, Richmond and Chicago. It's about to go down...........

Went through ORD the last couple days, the agents said there has been a few more visits from our management up that way.

Of course they are talking again! With oil at $61 a barrel? Hmmm, after 14 years this broken record is being played again!

Word on the street is that the merger with United is not dead. Sources from the westside say things could be announced this month. Also more maintenance station closings. Insiders say Hartford, Richmond and Chicago. It's about to go down...........
Richmond??? They don't even have a Mainline ramp, and Mtc. has been gone for a long time...
As for a merger with UA, I wouldn't consider that a dead issue until one of us hooks up with someone else. They have been sniffing around each other for 7+ years already....

I feel that time has passed. With Obama and the rest of house democrats it will be much harder for a merger to go through. DL/NW knew this and got the job done early on.

A merger is needed for economies of scale (or the current theme for this week "companies that are too large to fail"), and to compete with the now 'world's largest airline', the Deltoids. US needs a large international presence, and UAL needs to avoid another bankruptcy. US has some cash, UAL is running low.
US needs a name change, and UAL needs the Northeast feed and Carribean. Lastly, US needs a labor integration once and for all, and UAL has the stapler.
It's been in the works for a loooooong time now - the only hurdle with a Dem admin in DC is avoiding massive layoffs (which is why both are paring down prior to the merge...) Strap in and turn on the seat belt sign cause it's about to get bumpy!
Cheers.

Maybe, Maybe not......The DOJ would be hard pressed to say it was OK for DL/NW, but not for anyone else. I think that this opened the flood gates for future merger approvals. If the Govt. is going to bail out the Auto industry, and permit them to merge for stabilty why not do the same for the Airlines?

One of the more significant events might possibly occur on November 13, 2008- the new website could be unveiled on that day. Apparently this is a soft release with the rest of new new features to come out on January 2, 2009. I hope it goes well. They have tested this much better than the USAirways 2006 website...

-Kinglobjaw

One of the more significant events might possibly occur on November 13, 2008- the new website could be unveiled on that day. Apparently this is a soft release with the rest of new new features to come out on January 2, 2009. I hope it goes well. They have tested this much better than the USAirways 2006 website...

-Kinglobjaw

Sorry to go OT, but what the hey does "LCC stock. Stimulating your mind for conversation. Genius!" mean?

Richmond??? They don't even have a Mainline ramp, and Mtc. has been gone for a long time...

Sir or madam,

you have no credibility,

Richmond still has mainline MTC.

maybe you should quit talking like you know something.

Bus Driver

I'm a millionaire!

I've often said that I wish I had a dollar for every big announcement I've been told to wait for in this industry. Now I can comfortable retire as a millionaire with all the $$$ I've accumulated over the years. :rolleyes:

MM

Status
Not open for further replies.