Big Box Mart

You guys are relentless. I think you people really have nothing better in life to do other than find something to whine and cry about...

Gas prices are so high and its Bushes fault and the greedy oil companies...They are killing the middle class.

Wal-Mart sells its goods so cheap because of corporate greed and all it is doing is killing the middle class.

It doesn't matter which way you go everyone is out to kill the middle class and a bunch of corrupt unions are going to save the world.

Enjoy your life people and quit killing the middle class.

It doesn't matter which way you go everyone is out to kill the middle class and a bunch of corrupt unions are going to save the world.

Considering that no one here has mentioned either the middle class or unions, your obsessions are showing.

Considering that no one here has mentioned either the middle class or unions, your obsessions are showing.
I guess it’s in the company you keep. Tell me you don't see how this board parallels all the others here. Did you see the full-page newspaper add some union had printed advertising the wal-mart movie? I can't remember the name of the union but it said the exact same thing being said here.

Also keep in mind that American Citizens made Wal-Mart what it is today.

I guess it’s in the company you keep. Tell me you don't see how this board parallels all the others here. Did you see the full-page newspaper add some union had printed advertising the wal-mart movie? I can't remember the name of the union but it said the exact same thing being said here.

I started this topic because I came across the jibjab cartoon, which btw I thought funny and also very true. It had nothing to do with unions or the airline industry.

I'm more concerned about how we (americans) are willing to buy just about anything as long as it's cheap. And as we do that, we see all of our jobs leaving the country.

It always amazes me how people will take anything when given to them. Perfect example: As a f/a I hand out drinks and pretzels and I also pickup trash. I can't tell you how many people will take a drink and snack, just to turn around and throw it away. They feel that since it's free they have to take it to get thier money's worth. It is a complete waste, but who cares they bought a ticket so it's their right.

I am part of a union, but that doesn't mean I completely agree with everything my unions does. Just like I am an American (and a proud one!) I don't agree with everything we do. We all want something for next to nothing, but then we get pissed off when we get what we paid for.

BTW it's not the middle class that is being killed off, it's the working class.

The jib-jab cartoons are indeed funny and you are very much correct about people always wanting something for free. When I was a repoman and we couldn't get a vehicle we would call the debtor and tell them they won a free prize and to come and pick it up. We would give them an address to a business at a strip-mall and give them a time to pick up their prize. It very seldom failed. The debtor would show up and go into the business to collect their coveted prize. During the mass confusion in the business I would hook up to the vehicle and tow it off. People are really gullible for a free prize whether they are entitled to one or not.

Your argument would only make sense if the only ones opposing Wal-Mart are unions, which is not the case. Unless, of course, you are trying to apply the reverse logic that supposes that anyone who opposes Wal-Mart somehow supports unions, which is also not the case. That two parties to an issue say the same thing does not mean they agree on everything, but the fact that many otherwise disparate parties agree on this issue is significant.

Although I belong to a union, my main objection to Wal-Mart has nothing to do with unions but instead is based on the effect that Wal-Mart has on the overall economy and on the local economy in areas where it has placed stores, including the loss of jobs that were primarily non-union to begin with.

No, some American citizens made Wal-Mart what it is today, while others, including myself, have exercised their right not to do so. Yet, since the local effect of a Wal-Mart store is to reduce competition by annihilating its competitors, that freedom of choice may not exist much longer.

Latest posts

Back