Boeing in talks with Spirit to bring Spirit back into Boeing...

SWAMECH

Veteran
Apr 26, 2005
I was against the move when Boeing shipped Spirit out in 2005. Now they realize it was a bad move by losing the oversee and control of QC & QA.
Interesting if Spirit will agree to be purchased, appears to be a little resistance within their statements abought them going back to Boeing.

I was against the move when Boeing shipped Spirit out in 2005. Now they realize it was a bad move by losing the oversee and control of QC & QA.
Interesting if Spirit will agree to be purchased, appears to be a little resistance within their statements abought them going back to Boeing.

Do you think Boeing or as a matter of facts cares about what you think?

I doubt Boeing will be seeking you out for your advice

Do you think Boeing or as a matter of facts cares about what you think?

I doubt Boeing will be seeking you out for your advice

You do know that SWAMECH talks to himself on street corners right? He lives in his own echo chamber.

Yes, and now with all the other "issues" popping up left and right with Boeing, this will linger for several years down the road and then some.

Boy im glad my union isn't represented by any turd that has "SWAMECH" as a name on it. Cause if it was up to that retard he would of outsource his own equivalent of spirit aero system when negotiating a new contract.

Wow! The Boeing fiasco is getting bigger and bigger. What is happening to a fantastic American manufacturing company? Of course none of us know anything as of yet.
E may have some connections within Boeing, and IF he does we will not know until after it's all settled down. My thoughts are we will see some whistle blowers come out of the wood works eventually, IF needed. I hate seeing this kind of negativity against a great American company.

Why the f*** would you think I have connections at Boeing?....

Boeing just like every other company in the US lost a lot of good people during Covid because of voluntary retirement packages.

Nothing more, nothing less. When you let experience walk out the door with a sack of money to ease the headcount and make the accountants happy, there are going to be consequences.

Reactions: Jalsporteam

Boeing just like every other company in the US lost a lot of good people during Covid because of voluntary retirement packages.

Nothing more, nothing less. When you let experience walk out the door with a sack of money to ease the headcount and make the accountants happy, there are going to be consequences.
Some one speaking the honest facts. Cost saving measures from bean counters are only for the short-term quarterly profits, long term you're going to pay big time.

All the C suits shield themselves from the consequences, and get the golden parachute. Then chapter 11 arrives and the talent is lost again another repeating cycle. Don't know how many more times this has to repeat in this industry.

Jeff Smisek a prime example. Dude tried to run his own company post merger ousting, and it wasn't long before this moron bankrupt all his golden parachute money.

Last edited:
All the C suits shield themselves from the consequences, and get the golden parachute. Then chapter 11 arrives and the talent is lost again another repeating cycle. Don't know how many more times this has to repeat in this industry.

Hmmm. You'll piss and moan about the golden parachute, but forget that those parachutes come with golden handfuffs.

That's how Scott Kirby wound up at UA. Doug promised Scott the CEO chair. And then he fired him to promote Isom. Because Kirby had no parachute or non-compete, he got in contact with Oscar Munoz, and Oscar hired him almost immediately. As in within hours of being fired.

Kirby then brought Andrew Nocella over to UA. And combined, they then brought another 30 or 40 folks to United, all because some union heads complained about golden parachutes, and Doug Parker was dumb enough to give in.

If American had done things right, non-competes would have been in place with those 40 folks who were instead free to take everything they knew about AA's strategy over to UA.

You'd think after ten years of losing knowledge without non-competes, AA would get smarter.

Nope.

When AA started cutting away their sales department a few months back, United and Delta hired them, taking many of the personal relationships those they had with clients.

Last edited:

Over the years you have brought up that you know people in the know, in fact you have bragged about it more than a few times. Even mentioning that you know and talk with exects at certain co's. So just thought you may have known someone at Boeing that you might have had discussions with. Chill out dude, was merely a guess. Why so offensive on the guess?