Boston Hub

WorldTraveler said:
you have to consider whether those populations are enough to support a longhaul int'l flight, esp. since DL already serves DXB.

as for India, I haven't seen anything official but it appears DL is pulling its own metal out of India. A look at flightaware and the flight track shows the path that US carriers must take between Europe and India because of political and security realities both in Eastern Europe/Central Asia and the Middle East. DL's flight time between AMS and BOM has increased by 60-80 minutes over the past few months.

Not sure of the plans but I would guess that KL will operate the route. I flew AF to India several months ago and they took routes that US carriers would not.

as for cargo, maybe DL cooperates with the ME3 but I'm not sure how much cargo DL needs to send to int'l locations served by the ME3 that aren't also served by Skyteam partners.

your point is valid but I don't see much cargo interlining with the ME3 although there is passenger interlining that is part of normal industry protocols where DL has agreements.
KLM is taking over BOM. 

Once again Delta outsourcing more flying to AF/KL. 

I'm sure it totally escapes your clearly limited ability to grasp the obvious but when it takes 11 hours to fly from BOM to AMS when carriers from other nationalities can do it a whole lot shorter, it doesn't matter where DL flies.

DL simply cannot compete in the India-Europe market given that the US government requires the US to avoid Iran - you do realize that Iran is right under the normal flight plan from BOM to Europe and I have crossed Iran many times onboard DL aircraft - as well as eastern Europe.

India is part of the joint venture so DL will still gain the revenues but do it at lower costs aboard a KLM aircraft.

if you would get off your "they are out to get us" mindset long enough to see the world the way it really is, you would realize that DL has little choice but to let someone else fly the route that isn't forced to fly such a convoluted route as DL is forced to fly.

perhaps a picture will help you understand.... be sure and read the duration of the flight in the chart

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL49/history/20141123/2110Z/VABB/EHAM

now compare the right AF takes to CDG - just like how DL used to be able to do it

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/AFR217/history/20141123/2100Z/VABB/LFPG

and that they do the route in the same amount of time DL used to schedule BOM-AMS for.

WorldTraveler said:
I'm sure it totally escapes your clearly limited ability to grasp the obvious but when it takes 11 hours to fly from BOM to AMS when carriers from other nationalities can do it a whole lot shorter, it doesn't matter where DL flies.

DL simply cannot compete in the India-Europe market given that the US government requires the US to avoid Iran - you do realize that Iran is right under the normal flight plan from BOM to Europe and I have crossed Iran many times onboard DL aircraft - as well as eastern Europe.

India is part of the joint venture so DL will still gain the revenues but do it at lower costs aboard a KLM aircraft.

if you would get off your "they are out to get us" mindset long enough to see the world the way it really is, you would realize that DL has little choice but to let someone else fly the route that isn't forced to fly such a convoluted route as DL is forced to fly.

perhaps a picture will help you understand.... be sure and read the duration of the flight in the chart

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL49/history/20141123/2110Z/VABB/EHAM

now compare the right AF takes to CDG - just like how DL used to be able to do it

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/AFR217/history/20141123/2100Z/VABB/LFPG

and that they do the route in the same amount of time DL used to schedule BOM-AMS for.
You make the weakest excuses I have ever seen. Delta/Northwest have been flying AMS-BOM for YEARS. So your telling me that have YEARS of flying the flying around Iran just started to matter yesterday? 

I swear Delta could murder babies and you would find a way to tell us how great it was. 

I knew you weren't capable of reading the charts.

it took DL ONE HOUR AND TWELVE MINUTES LONGER to fly from BOM-AMS than it took AF to fly BOM-CDG.

if you can't understand why DL can't compete in that market, then there is no help for you.

babies have nothing to do with it. US gov't no fly zones do.

WorldTraveler said:
I knew you weren't capable of reading the charts.

it took DL ONE HOUR AND TWELVE MINUTES LONGER to fly from BOM-AMS than it took AF to fly BOM-CDG.

if you can't understand why DL can't compete in that market, then there is no help for you.

babies have nothing to do with it. US gov't no fly zones do.
Don't tell me I can't read. 

Go back, look at what I said, google the words if you have to and then try to answer my question without deflecting into so stupid WT horse crap. 

WHY is the flight just NOW and issue. Why wasn't it an issue a year ago, 3 years ago, 5 years ago etc. etc. 

your making a horse crap excuse for the sake of "ALL IS WELL". 

Oh and in the marketplace where yields are hard to come by Delta is not only outsourcing but will be doing so to a LARGER aircraft. That must be how one builds yields. 

Once again, Delta is getting smaller, KLM is growing. The good news is things like this are just going to make arbitration easier when it comes to that.  

why don't you google Malaysia Airlines and Ukraine and go from there.

and then look at the history of no fly zones that have been added over the middle east and east Asia over the past year and you will understand why.

No, DL is not getting smaller, Einstein.

they are all out to get me....

and no, there is no grievance. DL's AMSs to/from CDG and AMS next summer are up 12%... you do realize there will be several DL 744s operating TATL flights, don't you?

the increased ASMs on ATL-AMS ALONE more than offsets what is being lost on AMS-BOM.

WorldTraveler said:
why don't you google Malaysia Airlines and Ukraine and go from there.

and then look at the history of no fly zones that have been added over the middle east and east Asia over the past year and you will understand why.

No, DL is not getting smaller, Einstein.

they are all out to get me....

and no, there is no grievance. DL's AMSs to/from CDG and AMS next summer are up 12%... you do realize there will be several DL 744s operating TATL flights, don't you?

the increased ASMs on ATL-AMS ALONE more than offsets what is being lost on AMS-BOM.
Lets try this again 

WHY is the flight just NOW and issue. Why wasn't it an issue a year ago, 3 years ago, 5 years ago etc. etc. 

an MH 777 was shot down over Ukraine using a 1 built missile THIS YEAR - not five years ago, not 1 year ago.

The FAA and ICAO allowed high altitude overflights even in some war areas.

I flew BOM-AMS on DL in March; we did not overfly Pakistan (I did on AF goign to India) but we did cross Iran on DL and then up over eastern Europe.

both routes are now off limits which requires DL to overfly the Arabian peninsula. and then up. Look at the flightaware and it will be obvious what DL can't do that AF can.

DL isn't allowed to or won't overfly Iran - a major transit point between Europe and India - or Eastern Europe.

It isn't hard to understand why DL scheduled its BOM flight for a nearly identical time to AF 5 months ago - before MH - but now schedules over an hour longer.

WorldTraveler said:
an MH 777 was shot down over Ukraine using a 1 built missile THIS YEAR - not five years ago, not 1 year ago.

The FAA and ICAO allowed high altitude overflights even in some war areas.

I flew BOM-AMS on DL in March; we did not overfly Pakistan (I did on AF goign to India) but we did cross Iran on DL and then up over eastern Europe.

both routes are now off limits which requires DL to overfly the Arabian peninsula. and then up. Look at the flightaware and it will be obvious what DL can't do that AF can.

DL isn't allowed to or won't overfly Iran - a major transit point between Europe and India - or Eastern Europe.

It isn't hard to understand why DL scheduled its BOM flight for a nearly identical time to AF 5 months ago - before MH - but now schedules over an hour longer.
ah okay I see, so Delta waited a year of flying a loss making route then? 

I'm speechless at how dense you are on this subject.

Look up when MH was shot down over the Ukraine.

then look up flight history for AMS-BOM and see how long DL has been operating an extended routing.

it hasn't been anywhere near a year - but DL didn't make a flash decision. You'd condemn them for jumping to a rash decision and since they have put up with it for months, you now condemn them for sustaining losses.

U Ga's finest strikes again.

Wow!!! Delta just blows everybody away! Delta flies higher, faster, and more fuel efficient than everyone else by far. A330 vs 787 no contest! Typical WT. No facts or references. None...

Translation:

You got me so I go with "where did you come up with that?"

This question thing is working for me this morning - I must have had double meds by mistake

perhaps you can tell us where anyone said that DL flies higher, faster, or further than anyone else?

and again, if you could actually contribute something intelligent to the conversation instead of posting inflammatory rubbish, you might not have to read so many of my posts.

wait did you just say I might not read so many of my posts - reading your posts are like watching a train wreck

Latest posts

Back