BREAKING NEWS: US Airways Election Dates Announced!

I've read those before, and it still goes to show that the IAM (with other unions) helped to win the battle, but ultimately lost the war. There was bad blood between them, as evidenced by the letters, but in a fight between labor and the company, you would think that labor would all be on the same side. 'First they came for the mechanics, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a mechanic...'

I am a AMT at AA and I would like to say some words here at the US Air Forum.

US Air M&R. Please spread the word amongst your piers that the IBT and the IAM is not your only choice. Lets rid ourselves of these unaccountable, back door dealing unions. You have another choice,

WRITE IN AMFA!!!!

I dont think you can have a write in,this vote will be by phone and internet...

And Travis, your HP vs IAM numbers are way wrong.

Former HP IBT CBA:

Wages
Assumptions: Top of Scale A/C Mechanic, 2 Licenses, and Grave Shift differential.
Base = $23.35
License = ($1.00 ea. x2 License max) $2.00
Grave Shift Diff. = .35
All in Wage = $25.70
N/A

Transition Agreement DOS

Wages
Assumptions: Top of Scale A/C Mechanic, 2 Licenses, and Grave Shift differential.
Base = $26.06
License = ($1.50 ea. x2 License max) $3.00
Grave Shift Diff. = .58
All in Wage = $29.64
Raise = 15.3% = $8195.20/yr

Current 7/1/2013

Wages
Assumptions: Post 7/1/2013 3% Raise,Top of Scale A/C Mechanic, 2 Licenses, and Grave Shift differential.
Base = $30.21
License = ($1.75 ea. x2 License max) $3.50
Grave Shift Diff. = .58
All in Wage = $34.29
Raise to Date = 33.3%

I dont think you can have a write in,this vote will be by phone and internet...
. Yes you can. Read the NMB representation manual. Go to section 13.0 which explains in detail the internet voting. Section 14.0 explains the paper ballot voting. Both have identical rules except for the way you vote. Section 16.0 explains the run off procedure. No one wins by default. If enough people will take about five minutes of their time to read the manual it will answer all your questions. A write in is there for you to use if you do not want the preprinted choices. Do you want the IAM? Do you want a IAM clone? (Teamsters) Just because they collected enough cards does not mean they are the best choice. Before you vote out of anger towards the IAM think about what you are voting for. Compare the IAM with the teamsters. You will see they are alike if not worse. Then compare with AMFA. They are more transparent. They are held accountable for their actions. I can not tell you how to vote but take some time to research and make the best choice for our craft. A union with a voice and accountability is what unionism is all about. The industrial unions today have distanced themselves from that concept. I will vote for AMFA here at AA if a vote is called. It will be a write in. Many here are on the same page with the write in. We hate the twu and the teamsters are no better. AMFA is the only way to go. I hope you guys feel the same.

I've read those before, and it still goes to show that the IAM (with other unions) helped to win the battle, but ultimately lost the war. There was bad blood between them, as evidenced by the letters, but in a fight between labor and the company, you would think that labor would all be on the same side. 'First they came for the mechanics, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a mechanic...'
,,, and I was pissed at them for calling me a "bag smasher, "overpaid' etc,,, Unfortunately there are those among us who feel that the best way to raise ones self is to try and lower others. As a group mechanics must learn that everyone has a function in life, if we want things to run smoothly somebody has to load the bags, do the cleaning and other jobs that may not require a lot of training or skill but they still should be able to live well off their contribution to making things work. If we feel we aren't making enough to live well then obviously neither are those who are making even less, that's not where the problem is, the problem is those at the top that take way more than what they contribute leaving less for everyone else. Think about it, Al Blackman has been keeping airplanes safe for over 70 years, Horton comes in, bankrupts the company with $5 billion in cash and the largest order for aircraft in history, and he will walk away with a bonus that's several times more than Al made over his 70 plus years. Something isn't right here people. Baggage handlers didn't destroy our careers, people like Horton did. You have to remember that for people like Horton the salary is one source of their wealth, investments is another, so he collects more in salary and compounds his wealth through investments and the profits from investments are being driven through the concessions we give. AA brought in $7billion more with 40,000 less people, and all those who remained earned a lot less, so all that money that would have went to wages, plus the extra $7 billion in revenue went somewhere and it wasn't to us or baggage handlers.Its going to people like Horton, not just through the wages and compensation we hear about but through the earnings of all those other companies who absorbed all the saving from our concessions, 40,000 less jobs and the $7billion in increased revenue. The $20million is just the tip of the iceberg.

I know you and I have had and will have our differences, but Bob, that is the best post I have ever read.

As usual Mr 700UW will not back up his statements with FACTS. He states something (He stated most IBT pension funds are in financial trouble) as fact and when he is asked to provide proof he tosses useless links out there that prove nothing. He makes these statements then expects you to disprove him because he can't prove his case. Quite the opposite of his attacking when someone else makes a statement he doesn't believe is true. Typical of a guy that can't admit he is wrong and is a IAM lapdog and with political lying rhetoric agenda.

He lied about cornfield too.

. Teamsters Joint Council No. 83 of Verginia Pension Fund 54.90%

NYS Teamsters Conference Pension & Retirement Fund 51.40%

. Teamsters Pension Trust of Philadelphia and Vicinity 48.50% New England Teamsters & Trucking Industry Pension 40.50% Local 804 I.B.T. UPS Multi-employer Retirement Plan 39.70% Local 705 IB of T Pension Trust Fund 46.30% Central States SE&SW 48.50%
Western Pennsylvania Teamsters and Employers Pension Plan 53.10% Teamsters Joint Council No. 83 of Virginia Pension Fund 54.90%

Central Pennsylvania Teamsters Defined Benefit Plan 55.10% IB of T Union Local 710 Pension 55.60% Alaska Teamster-Employer Pension Plan 66.30% Western Conference of Teamsters 70.60% Teamsters Local 639 Employers Pension Trust 76.10%

. Teamsters Joint Council No. 83 of Verginia Pension Fund 54.90%

NYS Teamsters Conference Pension & Retirement Fund 51.40%

. Teamsters Pension Trust of Philadelphia and Vicinity 48.50% New England Teamsters & Trucking Industry Pension 40.50% Local 804 I.B.T. UPS Multi-employer Retirement Plan 39.70% Local 705 IB of T Pension Trust Fund 46.30% Central States SE&SW 48.50%
Western Pennsylvania Teamsters and Employers Pension Plan 53.10% Teamsters Joint Council No. 83 of Virginia Pension Fund 54.90%

Central Pennsylvania Teamsters Defined Benefit Plan 55.10% IB of T Union Local 710 Pension 55.60% Alaska Teamster-Employer Pension Plan 66.30% Western Conference of Teamsters 70.60% Teamsters Local 639 Employers Pension Trust 76.10%

I looked at the first pension on your list the Teamsters Joint Council No. 83 of Virginia Pension Fund that you said was 54.90% funded to find out you are lying about their funding percent. I didn't bother looking at any others since you lied about this one.

The Teamsters Joint Council No. 83 of Virginia Pension Fund is funded by 72.0% per their required notice.

proof http://www.dol.gov/e...ce051013047.pdf

Under the Pension Protection Act of 2006
Green Zone (healthy) is 80% or more funded
Yellow Zone (endangered) between 65% and 79%
Red zone (critical) under 65%

Again I ask you

1. How many total funds does IBT have? proof required
2. How many IBT funds are critical? Proof required
3. What percent of total IBT pensions are in financial trouble? proof including facts,figures and the math used to attain your 50% plus figure required
4. Do not guess or lie.

That's good I didn't know thanks for the heads up,from every one voting,I hope we all make the best choice,as for me Ive been all 3.Braniff IAM IBT and Amfa
,,, and I was pissed at them for calling me a "bag smasher, "overpaid' etc,,, Unfortunately there are those among us who feel that the best way to raise ones self is to try and lower others. As a group mechanics must learn that everyone has a function in life, if we want things to run smoothly somebody has to load the bags, do the cleaning and other jobs that may not require a lot of training or skill but they still should be able to live well off their contribution to making things work. If we feel we aren't making enough to live well then obviously neither are those who are making even less, that's not where the problem is, the problem is those at the top that take way more than what they contribute leaving less for everyone else. Think about it, Al Blackman has been keeping airplanes safe for over 70 years, Horton comes in, bankrupts the company with $5 billion in cash and the largest order for aircraft in history, and he will walk away with a bonus that's several times more than Al made over his 70 plus years. Something isn't right here people. Baggage handlers didn't destroy our careers, people like Horton did. You have to remember that for people like Horton the salary is one source of their wealth, investments is another, so he collects more in salary and compounds his wealth through investments and the profits from investments are being driven through the concessions we give. AA brought in $7billion more with 40,000 less people, and all those who remained earned a lot less, so all that money that would have went to wages, plus the extra $7 billion in revenue went somewhere and it wasn't to us or baggage handlers.Its going to people like Horton, not just through the wages and compensation we hear about but through the earnings of all those other companies who absorbed all the saving from our concessions, 40,000 less jobs and the $7billion in increased revenue. The $20million is just the tip of the iceberg.
MFA

That's good I didn't know thanks for the heads up,from every one voting,I hope we all make the best choice,as for me Ive been all 3.Braniff IAM IBT and Amfa,damn this new format cant get it yet,Im in the wrong box

MFA
That's good I didn't know thanks for the heads up,from every one voting,I hope we all make the best choice,as for me Ive been all 3.Braniff IAM IBT and Amfa

MFA

And Travis, your HP vs IAM numbers are way wrong.

Former HP IBT CBA: LET ME FILL IT IN FOR YOU (7TH OCT.1998)

Wages
Base = $23.35
License = ($1.00 ea. x2 License max) $2.00
Grave Shift Diff. = .35
All in Wage = $25.70
N/A

Transition Agreement DOS

Wages
Base = $26.06
License = ($1.50 ea. x2 License max) $3.00
Grave Shift Diff. = .58
All in Wage = $29.64
Raise = 15.3% = $8195.20/yr

Current 7/1/2013

Wages
Assumptions: Post 7/1/2013 3% Raise,Top of Scale A/C Mechanic, 2 Licenses, and Grave Shift differential.
Base = $30.21
License = ($1.75 ea. x2 License max) $3.50
Grave Shift Diff. = .58
All in Wage = $34.29
Raise to Date = 33.3%
LET ME FILL IN THE DATE OF THE CONTRACT YOU ARE USING 7th OCT 1998 IBT AWA as YOU ALLUDED THIS IN YOUR POST IN USING A 14 YEAR OLD CBA, THAT WAS AMENABLE AT THE TIME OF THE MERGER.
ALSO YOU ALLUDED TOO TELL ALL THAT AT THE TIME OF THE MERGER THE AWA IBT CONTRACT OF 1998 IN 2005 THE AWA TECH'S MADE MORE MONEY THAN THE IAM CONTRACT AT THAT TIME PRE - MERGER!!!

LET ME FILL IN THE DATE OF THE CONTRACT YOU ARE USING 7th OCT 1998 IBT AWA as YOU ALLUDED THIS IN YOUR POST IN USING A 14 YEAR OLD CBA, THAT WAS AMENABLE AT THE TIME OF THE MERGER.
ALSO YOU ALLUDED TOO TELL ALL THAT AT THE TIME OF THE MERGER THE AWA IBT CONTRACT OF 1998 IN 2005 THE AWA TECH'S MADE MORE MONEY THAN THE IAM CONTRACT AT THAT TIME PRE - MERGER!!!

I think everyone knows there is some chronic lying going on here. :ninja:

Latest posts

Back