Competition in the Skies: Is Delta the Problem, or the Solution?

swamt said:
Fact WT, you have stated that the SE is no longer around or experienced. 

Fact,  That is not the way you stated in your previous rant about SWA's fuel hedging, go back an read it.

SWA makes it crystal clear when going into new cities and puts it in local publications of the cities they fly to that SWA will stick around for ever as long as the local folks fully support SWA being there.  In other words, if SWA doesn't make money SWA will pull the flights, simple as that, just business.
and how is that different from what any legacy airline has done?

profit motivated companies redeploy assets all of the time in pursuit of greater profits.

I slight none of them for it.... just don't try to pretend that WN isn't going to do the same thing and that the FL acquisition wasn't motivated in part to get rid of a low cost competitor who kept sticking its (airplane) noses into key WN markets. WN's attempted acquisition of F9 was intended to do the same thing - but labor balked so the deal was ditched.

swamt said:
Yes E agree 100%.  Once the facilities are completed in HOU, the international flights will start to move.  Sometime in 2015.  Pretty darn sure you will see international flights added as we start receiving new aircraft 2015 thru 2017 and beyond.  But even for the international flights, SWA has stated that they just can't get the airplanes soon enough.
and that is exactly what I have said would happen.... that is where WN's growth is... in part because of the higher fares and the fact that WN does have a following in the key central/southwest parts of the US that are interested in lower cost options to Latin America and near int'l leisure destinations.

Once again WT;  "YOU DO NOT HAVE A CLUE"  Keep posting WT, keep posting.  You look like a freaking fool, and I am being nice.  You are the laughing stock out here.  What a show you are putting on, keep up the great work, pls do, this is awesome...

Reactions: 1 person

Latest posts