Congress woman shot along with bystanders

TX law does not require any thing for a person to person sale. I just did a search and the first site I found was this one. The guns in TX do not have a paper trail after the original buyer.

Classified adds

I'll give you the MSY thing.

So what's the answer? I don't accept the status quo.

From your link:

All firearms and ammunition listed on TexasGunTrader must be in accordance with all Federal, State, and Local laws, Rules and Agreements. For more information on federal laws relating to the possession and transfer of ownership of firearms visit ATF ONLINE. Although administrators monitor the site full time, Texas Gun Trader does not assume responsibility for ads placed on the site. All legal, social, and moral liability and responsibility belongs to the ad poster alone. If you are not sure about an item email [email protected] with your question and we will do our best to find the correct answer for you.

• Banned
I cannot find anything on the ATF site pertaining to state laws. Everything I have read so far says that in TX you can sell a gun person to person with out any documentation and not be in violation of ATF laws. May be you will have better luck on the ATF site.

Dont mess with the cardinal.... :unsure:

Gun-Priest.jpg

Dont mess with the baby.... :blink:

Glock-Girl.jpg

Dont mess with me... :lol:

b89q53.jpg

• Banned
Gunshow Loophole

I knew I remembered this loophole. No back ground check no waiting period... nothing. Pay and walk. I assume the NRA is all over this right. I know they want this loophole closed right....... yea, sure they do.
Under current federal law, that sale was legal because of the so-called "gun show loophole" that allows occasional gun sellers to trade weapons without carrying out a background check to ensure that the purchaser is not mentally ill, a criminal, or a drug abuser. Such "private" sales are responsible for 40% of all gun sales in the US.

Gunshow Loophole

I knew I remembered this loophole. No back ground check no waiting period... nothing. Pay and walk. I assume the NRA is all over this right. I know they want this loophole closed right....... yea, sure they do.

Dude........its the same as in your state.....duh.
See the guy ask to see the driver license so he was sure the guy wasn't from California?
Sales to Arizona residents just like your state.

• Banned
Dude........its the same as in your state.....duh.
See the guy ask to see the driver license so he was sure the guy wasn't from California?
Sales to Arizona residents just like your state.

Not sure what your point is. My point is that anyone can walk into a gun show and walk out with a weapon. That should be illegal in my opinion.

• Banned
Peckerhedds were from NYC.....state law prevails.

Again, whats your point. I know state law prevails and that is the problem. Federal law allows anyone to sell a gun at a gun show to anyone they want. You could have a record. You could have been released from jail that day and you can buy a gun.

Registration isn't the issue. Its people with supposed instability issues obtaining firearms and prior police contact and other issues and that not getting entered into the database for background checks. Did you see the Sheriff out there tap dancing all around the issue? It was everyone's fault but his department.

I guess you are right about registration not being an issue. I can go to a gun show and buy it with out having to worry about a pesky background check.

Background checks are the core of the debate. Here's some info regarding that.
FBI

See above. Go to gun show and the most detailed data base in the world will not help since no one will run a check.

Latest posts

Back