Consolidated Obama topics

While i didn't follow the campagin like a hawk , i don't remember him making any promises that might be too large to keep ... i do remember hillary clinton's healthcare plan that was nothing short of competely socalist , and i did approve of obama's lesser plan ....

And while we cannot lay total blame for this mess on the republican party , an overly large part of it can be attributed to george bush .... if we hadn't wasted almost 1.5 trillion dollars with the invasion of iraq we'd be in a much better spot today ..

i think obama WILL save alot of people ,the question is in what manner they will be saved ... given the choice between a republican admistration that espouses small goverment and lower taxes ... the choice for saftey can be nothing other than large goverment and higher taxes ... i live in arizona , here we have mentally ill ... back in the 1970 's they were put into hosptials so they could be effectively treated , but somewhere along the line , in order to keep costs in check , they were turned lose onto the streets !? that's the cost of smaller goverment ...

Freedom,

Obama promised to reduce the taxes of anyone making 250K or less a year, then the promise went to 150K and a few days before the election, anyone making 125K or less would see a reduction. When he looks at his revenue's coming in (our taxes) and what he wants to spend, (he proposed 1 TRILLION in new spending) either he continue's with deficit spending which the american public just demostrated we don't want or he raise's taxes. My gut feeling is that there are going to some upset Obama supporter's out there when they realize that aren't going to get everything they want or hope. There is a You Tube video going around with an Obama supporter telling a reporter that since she and others supported Obama, she now doesn't have to worry about her mortage or her gas bills! I have one question for her, who is responsible?

Totally agree with you that Bush is responsible and that Iraq was the wrong war, the wrong place and the wrong enemy. What I hope and pray for is for the pol's to look after the country and not themselves nor their party. HA!! The republican hate machine, aka Hannity, Rush etc all, have all but blamed for Obama for everything since sliced bread. Then MSNMB and Oberman are practically sticking their thumbs and nose's at the republican's.

Tuesday, I voted for McCain, the first republican that I have voted for in all of my life. I want change but didn't think that Obama is offering the right change. The election is over, the country has problems and we need to fix together.

Freedom....I respect your opinions and views.Its nice to come to somewhat common ground.

As to your mentally ill.....ACLU is who went after that issue.....there are problems here in Pittsburgh too....murders by homeless with mental issues and such....is it right to keep these people institutionalized....I really don't quite know. Is it right to let them roam,usually homeless....I don't know either......depriving one of liberty is a big issue in the legal realm..and the personal arena too.

for me it's an easy one ... people wandering the streets afraid that the goverment is watching them who hear voices in their heads and are afraid the "robots" will get them absoutely need help , at the VERY least they need some sort of treatment if not instiuionalzation ...

As for me being a "democrat" i'm not , i simply believe in doing what is best for this nation as a whole , if that means we must enact robin hood like polices , so be it ...

its unfortunate that we will most likely have to either tax and spend , or just ouright tax ... some of you may wonder why it is the well to do must shoulder the tax burden ? it's simple the poor people don't have any more .. it's pointless to tax people who are losing their homes and or soon to be out of work ...the rich are the only ones left in this country with money due to our spendthrift lifestyle ...

our choices are pretty limited right now ... i know some of you think the stock market is falling because the democracts won .... but if you read my doom journal , i predicted that once the elections were out of the way , there would only be one major issue in the news ,and that's the economy .... with nothing left to distract the public , it's won't be long now before every man woman and child in this country truly understands how dire out situation is . :ph34r:

Like I said....ACLU went to court on the mentally ill's behalf and won their freedom sometime ago...like in the Reagan era I think.
As to the markets......they are showing a lack of confidence to the incoming administration.....if not,why is everyone selling?To get their monies and place them in a tax shelter before he's sworn in....they're afraid of a Bill Clinton retroactive tax.

no , i don't think that's the cause .... the market barely knows why it does what it does these days , and at any rate the selling has been going on for a good while now with people rushing out of their mutal funds ... i think the auto's report was sobering , and with retail sales showing serious wekness those are the most likely culprits , not to mention jobs losses came in higher than predicted ..

Bank of america's recent unilateral action to stop forclouses while a great idea , most likely signals desperation .

you should pay close attention to the holiday sales this year , they may be dramtically weak , weaker than they've been in a long long time ... and i think the market fears this .. there's not going to be any hiring rush this year ... once retail sales are confired for the holiday season you should see a futher drop in the stock market .

if you had taken the election completely out of the econmic picture , the situation would still be much as it is now ... even with mcain in office , he would stilll have had to raise taxes in the end ... most americans have been told to keep their money in the market , but right now we're starting to see only the start of capitulation ... it's going to be a flood soon enough ...

at any rate , it's a shame to try and pin market collapse on a guy who only has the best of intentions for our great nation .. but the way the market works , it will go down for the week , then next week the idiot pundits will be proclaming that stocks are dramtically undervalued and now's the time to buy ... and once again ,everyone will run back into the burniing building .

As for the ACULA ,while they do some good , and they do some harm .. as far as arizona goes , we turned them out not because of the ACULA but because we wanted to save a dollar ....

speaking of the ACULA , i bot admire and despise them ... they may be the most patroic bunch in the lot .... but dang if they aint outside of the mainstream ..

Wow, a politician who lies. That is not something you hear about often.

In April, then-Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama said in Philadelphia, “I’ve fought to pass the Employee Free Choice Act in the Senate. And I will make it the law of the land when I’m president of the United States of America.â€

President-elect Obama will move into the White House with increased Democratic majorities in both the House and Senate, which also support legislation designed to stem the tide of declining union membership.

The bill replaces the secret ballot by allowing union organizers to publicly ask workers to sign a card in favor of unionizing. If a bare majority of employees approve, then an employer would have to recognize the union.

With dismal job reports the U.S. Chamber of Commerce urges restraint as mass unemployment is almost guaranteed.

Chamber urges Obama to defer union agenda

The U.S. Chamber of Commerce urged President-elect Barack Obama and Congress to refrain from pushing legislation to make organizing unions easier until the economy recovers.

The Employee Free Choice Act would force an employer to recognize a union if 51 percent of its workers sign cards stating they want to be represented by a union. An election would not be necessary. The bill is organized labor’s top priority in the new Congress, and unions spent millions of dollars to help elect Democrats in the Nov. 4 election.

Unions, trial lawyers and other interest groups that supported Democrats “will expect quick political payback,†said Tom Donohue, chief executive officer of the chamber. The Employee Free Choice Act, however, would have “serious implications†for job creation and economic stability, Donohue said. Therefore, Congress should put off consideration of this bill until the economy improves, he said.

are you feeling OK ?

you keep posting anti obama threads???

what's the deal yo ? we already know you don't agree with his policies , but do you really have to post every single one in a new thread ? why don't you just start one anti obama thread and keep it to that ?

are you feeling OK ?

Im feeling fine! Thanks for asking!

what's the deal yo ? we already know you don't agree with his policies , but do you really have to post every single one in a new thread ? why don't you just start one anti obama thread and keep it to that ?

Because that wouldn't be as much fun! :up:

Right well i'll ask politey ..

out of consideration for the other users of this message board .... couldn't you please keep your topics , which are showing a general anti obama theme containted to just one thread instead of making new ones every half hour ?

It would really help to keep the clutter on the board toned down ....

are you feeling OK ?

It's called narcissism. She will not be happy until every thread on the page has her name under it.

It's called narcissism. She will not be happy until every thread on the page has her name under it.

Funny you bring it up...

Diagnostic criteria for 301.81 Narcissistic Personality Disorder:
DSM-IV-TR Of The American Psychiatric Association

bosnob.jpg

A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (In fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:

(1) has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)

(2) is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love.

(3) Believes that he or she is “specialâ€￾ and unique and can only be understood by , or should associate with , other special or high-status people (or institutions)

(4) Requires excessive admiration

(5) Has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations.

(6) Is interpersonally exploitative, i.e. takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends

(7) Lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others

(8) Is often envious of others or believes that others ore envious of him or her

(9) Shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

Disclaimer:

I think you would agree that Obama would not only fit into five of the nine criteria but may actually fit all nine of the criteria listed by the American Psychiatric Association.

Assessment:

Obama is a 46 year old African American male. He entered the presidential race to fulfill his need for recognition and ideal love from Obamanites that he feels he needs to fulfill his destiny as the only man that can save the world. Barack Obama has a deep rooted sense of entitlement which leads him to demand attention and adoration by over 200,000 German citizens. Mr. Obama displays 7 er ah 9 of the 9 criteria for the diagnosis of 301.81 Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

(1) Wants to be Commander in Chief of the United States of America, Leader of the Free World and “Air Force 1â€￾ scrabble champion.

(2) Preoccupied with fantasies that he is the Savior; will completely change the state of events in world history; he alone will give hope to humanity forever.

(3) Feels that he is “specialâ€￾ the only man who can save the world; This is his special time; He can keep the seas from rising; He can change the planet’s atmosphere and heal all.

(4) Has a need to achieve adoration from all who he comes in contact with including 200,000 German citizens and 4 Jewish supporters at the Western Wall.

(5) Feels he is entitled to be the President of the United States of America. Any thing less would show that America is a racist bigoted country.

(6) Takes advantage of his family by parading them in front of cameras on TV and in People magazine.

(7) Snubbed veterans to attend his own personal workout and because he was not allowed to exploit the situation for his own aggrandizement.

(8) Believes that others, (e.g. John McCain) want to be him or have his charisma. Is envious of others, (e.g., Gandhi, Jesus, Superman, Bill Clinton)

obama-contemplates-the-little-peopl.jpg

Right well i'll ask politey ..

out of consideration for the other users of this message board .... couldn't you please keep your topics , which are showing a general anti obama theme containted to just one thread instead of making new ones every half hour ?

It would really help to keep the clutter on the board toned down ....

Buzz kill! :down:

Your world revolves around Obama.

You are showing a scary trait in your hatred/obsession with our new President-Elect.

I will no longer enable you further by responding to your tirades.

Well aren't you being a party pooper? What is so scary if I may ask? I don't hate anyone. I just don't believe the media-driven song and dance that was sold to so many. Call me a skeptic perhaps. :unsure:

Latest posts

Back