Csa, Fsa, & Car New Hire Update

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
US Airways continues to make progress in its new hire program. In addition, to meeting and exceeding new CSA, FSA, and CAR requirements in DCA, the CLT training center is currently holding new hire classes for FSA ramp personnel. The first group is finishing training today, which should begin to provide some relief on the CLT ramp shortly.

More job fairs are expected to be held in PHL, where new hires are now working with an enthusiastic attitude.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Just how much are they paying the consulting group who came up with the referal program? Most are still laughing over that one......$100 for refering a friend who makes it through probation!!!! If they are "meeting and exceeding requirements" I fail to realize why they started this program. One I would not refer a "friend" to this company!!! Just amazing how people can be judged looking out the cockpit window!! As for all the new hires doing a bang up job...give them time...they too will soon be ruined!!!!

AP Tech & Coachrowsey:

AP Tech, US Airways has met and exceeded its hiring needs in DCA, but still needs more qualified people in PHL and CLT. I, PHL things are getting better and my last three trips through the hub went well. Furthermore, there are many pilot reports of improving operations and staffing.

Coachrowsey, with any new group of employees some will be good and some will be bad. However, from my observation the majority of the new CSA and FSA personnel are enthusiastic and hard working.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

just how many prior experienced folks will be left when next round of winter plus deicing come is anyone's guess but i know that with the out cities being outsourced it aint going be on time and the service will be different than what is currently is.

All these new hires in PHL and DCA are falling under the "mainline express" part of the cwa contract. check n*ato vacancy in sabre, and see, not a one job listed full time for CSA mainline in any of the hub/focus cities.

USA320Pilot said:
AP Tech & Coachrowsey:

Coachrowsey, with any new group of employees some will be good and some will be bad. However, from my observation the majority of the new CSA and FSA personnel are enthusiastic and hard working.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

A320, have you ever heard the ole saying "things are not always as they appear?"
In this case they are not.

USA320Pilot said:
US Airways continues to make progress in its new hire program. In addition, to meeting and exceeding new CSA, FSA, and CAR requirements in DCA, the CLT training center is currently holding new hire classes for FSA ramp personnel. The first group is finishing training today, which should begin to provide some relief on the CLT ramp shortly.

More job fairs are expected to be held in PHL, where new hires are now working with an enthusiastic attitude.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="252732"][/post]​

Since you are in the know can you fill us in with the details instead of this general poopoo. That would include the rate of new hire defaults. Of course I don't and won't expect you to answer this post. As usual when the answer will smack down your rosy reports.

In our city we have about 11 people who are taking the EO. Only problem is that they have to be replaced befor they can leave. The conpany is working at this at the same pace they went through labor negotiations sllllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
We are actually willing to have a Job Fair in our city and pay for the ads ourselves.Do the jobfair on our own time.But we have to wait for the company to Ok the use of their name and logo.God forbid we can actually find some people who will be willing to work for us and pass all the checks. :lol:

ILM is hiring full time off the street. We lost one guy last Wed. (a retired gentlemen). He wasn't told he would be cleaning airplanes everynight.! HMM, that's what junior guys do in small cities.. I wonder what the others are going to do..Hello, for 9.00 and hour mgmt should be honest.! Yes, you unload planes but also clean and security inspect each plane every night.

ILMgwm said:
ILM is hiring full time off the street. We lost one guy last Wed. (a retired gentlemen). He wasn't told he would be cleaning airplanes everynight.! HMM, that's what junior guys do in small cities.. I wonder what the others are going to do..Hello, for 9.00 and hour mgmt should be honest.! Yes, you unload planes but also clean and security inspect each plane every night.
[post="253273"][/post]​
forgot to add....except Tue and Wed nights (that will be you days off)

Latest posts