DAL strategy for victory over LCC...blueprint for NWA?

D

delta777

See Story

Regards,

Delta777

http://www.ajc.com/business/content/busine...1bbizdelta.html

The more information that leaks out about this failed hostile takeover, the more it appeared like a long shot. It seems the creditors simply blew Doogie off, even after raising his bid a couple times. I'm sure Grinstein has already given the blueprint to the boys in Eagan, Minnesota.

Hey USA320Pilot, maybe this hostile takeover attempt should have been called,

"Project Minnow, part deux" :lol:

Same result as the first one.

See Story

Regards,

Delta777

http://www.ajc.com/business/content/busine...1bbizdelta.html

The more information that leaks out about this failed hostile takeover, the more it appeared like a long shot. It seems the creditors simply blew Doogie off, even after raising his bid a couple times. I'm sure Grinstein has already given the blueprint to the boys in Eagan, Minnesota.

Hey USA320Pilot, maybe this hostile takeover attempt should have been called,

"Project Minnow, part deux" :lol:

Same result as the first one.
I kinda missed the "strategy" that was supposedly outlined...

Was it:
1. Whine
2. Overestimate Value
3. Make your company Boeing's Beotch til the end of time
4. Rally Local Pol's with a supposed HQ move
5. Claim huge job losses (even though in reality it woulda been Mesa and Comair)
6. Hand out buttons

And most importantly...

7. Have the really annoying employees post propaganda and troll on avaition forums

Does that just about sum it up...?

I kinda missed the "strategy" that was supposedly outlined...

Was it:
1. Whine
2. Overestimate Value
3. Make your company Boeing's Beotch til the end of time
4. Rally Local Pol's with a supposed HQ move
5. Claim huge job losses (even though in reality it woulda been Mesa and Comair)
6. Hand out buttons

And most importantly...

7. Have the really annoying employees post propaganda and troll on avaition forums
Does that just about sum it up...?

Damn, your already an expert at it!!!Way to go :up:

See Story

Regards,

Delta777.............. and infinitum

Come back after Delta files their 2nd post Chapter 11 10K and we'll see if the flower children can really make it on their own. Until then, it would seem to be more productive if the Deltoids used their nonsensical and immature Bashing energy in a more supportive manner, such as teaching their company how to make a profit.

Come back after Delta files their 2nd post Chapter 11 10K and we'll see if the flower children can really make it on their own. Until then, it would seem to be more productive if the Deltoids used their nonsensical and immature Bashing energy in a more supportive manner, such as teaching their company how to make a profit.
Nah, I think we should try it your way:
BK TWICE and have another bankrupt airline bail us out with hedge funds just as the chapter 7 paperwork is being drawn up.

Someone needs to tell the DELTA PROFESSIONALS that the "merger/takeover" is over and they can now stop the snide glances and nasty remarks towards other crews.... get over it already. We are THRILLED that you kept Delta your Delta.

You really don't get it, do you?
You guys are yesterday’s news. To bad. So sad. Bye-bye. And GRTBR.

The only thing I got was the feeling you lost a lot of sleep. B)

Nah, I think we should try it your way:
BK TWICE and have another bankrupt airline bail us out with hedge funds just as the chapter 7 paperwork is being drawn up.

And ALL Monies Have Been Paid Back(With Interest)To All Parties That ParTook In The Venture!! Ahead Of Schedule As A Matter Of Fact!! :up: :up: Oh, And How Much Profit Sharing Is The Widget Paying TO It's Employees That Took A 20% Pay Cut? NONE! They Were Not Even Offered Any! But The Idiots Running The Airline AND Dalpa Will Get A BIG Payout!! That Is Pathetic!! :down:

Sharing Is The Widget Paying TO It's Employees That Took A 20% Pay Cut? NONE! They Were Not Even Offered Any! But The Idiots Running The Airline AND Dalpa Will Get A BIG Payout!! That Is Pathetic!! :down:

Note that as of yet, there is not any profit to share.

Expect to hear in the next couple of months a plan that restores our pay at least to industry average and a profit sharing plan.

I'm not sure I'd interpret what that story said as Parker having been blown off. I read it more as had he come earlier, they would have been more interested, but they like the idea of merging Delta thus forcing Delta to not have a poison pill and a M&A friend board post-bankruptcy...

Expect to hear in the next couple of months a plan that restores our pay at least to industry average and a profit sharing plan.
Won't have to wait that long for some of that info...

"Pilots (along with other employees) would benefit from a profit sharing plan that would provide an aggregate payout to eligible Delta employees of 15% of Delta s annual pre-tax income (as defined in LOA #51) up to $1.5 billion and 20% of annual pre-tax income over $1.5 billion."

Jim

Latest posts