delta aircraft mech. pay rates

paul1

Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
Could someone please post the pay rates for delta aircraft mech, including all the extra pay rates.

Thank You

TOS (8.5 year scale): $5534.62/mo.
License: $346.66 ea. (max of 2)/mo.
Line premium: $130/mo.
Shift differential: $.45/hr. for second shift, $.52/hr. for 3rd.

Any word on Hiring?
I heard that all new hires will be with DGS.
Thanks for the info.

There are a few spots for GSE mechanics posted on the company's external job page, but none for AMT's right now...

There is a hiring freeze in ACS right now (per local mgmt.). Tech Ops may not be on a freeze per se, but they are in the process of adjusting staffing in certain cities to better match the volume of work. I would think they'd backfill any spots with people looking to transfer before going to the street.

I doubt Tech Ops will be hiring from DGS, but with this company, nothing would surprise me.

I would not expect any ATL new hires real soon. The airframe MRO side is pretty slow since we lost the World/National contract with their Chpt 11. We just had a leveling bid in the ATL Hangar of 60 AMT slots to ATL Line and ATL Shops. That filled all the openings those areas had. All the moves were voluntary so no one got forced to move. The last round of openings were all filled through internal upgrades from non Tech slots (ASM). That is a way in but the pay is pretty low. Not sure what it is currently.

Outstations can hire at anytime. Once a station gets 2-3 openings they have to fill them or it effects the operation. Places like LGA, JFK, DCA, SFO, LAX and even BOS hire off the street quite often. They do have a min stay of one to two years and then you can bid out to openings in the system.

I would not expect any ATL new hires real soon. The airframe MRO side is pretty slow since we lost the World/National contract with their Chpt 11. We just had a leveling bid in the ATL Hangar of 60 AMT slots to ATL Line and ATL Shops. That filled all the openings those areas had. All the moves were voluntary so no one got forced to move. The last round of openings were all filled through internal upgrades from non Tech slots (ASM). That is a way in but the pay is pretty low. Not sure what it is currently.

Outstations can hire at anytime. Once a station gets 2-3 openings they have to fill them or it effects the operation. Places like LGA, JFK, DCA, SFO, LAX and even BOS hire off the street quite often. They do have a min stay of one to two years and then you can bid out to openings in the system.

I think LAX is hiring again right now.

Best bet to get into ATL(or at least TOC) is via an ASM job. Top out is....20? an hour.

and the way the MRO work has been going it will be a while. (depends on who you talk to, some guys think that once they get everything leveled out from the early outs hiring will pick up again.)

Any word on Hiring?
I heard that all new hires will be with DGS.
Thanks for the info.

If you have avionics experience, are good at what you do, and want to have a great career in aviation my advice is STAY OUT of the airline industry. SpaceX is hiring avionics techs right now. General Aviation is where you can set your own rates.

Best of luck to you!

Back