Delta eyeing jetBlue.....?

The only reason DAL would want B6 is the JFK teminal and the 100 seater. It may be cheaper to buy B6 and capture the facility and plane orders than to go at it alone. Since B6 is has no union, it would be an easy buy. I could see this happen.

The only reason DAL would want B6 is the JFK teminal and the 100 seater. It may be cheaper to buy B6 and capture the facility and plane orders than to go at it alone. Since B6 is has no union, it would be an easy buy. I could see this happen.

It sure could. And DALPA pilots would be wise to staple those non-Union B6 pilots to the bottom of their seniority list!

How would that work though? I mean currently no DL pilots can fly A320's or 190's? so even though you staple them on the bottom they still have to fly the same planes.
The union can do whatever it wants. So what if it's different equipment. With the B6 pilots no having no union to fight for them, who will stop it from happening? My guess is no one.

But, you can't put DL pilots in the 320's or 190's till they are trained on them and that would take a while and a lot of money. In the meantime until they are integrated in they would still be flying their same schedules unless DL parks the 320's and 190's and removes the capacity from the system in which case you just bought out a competitor and a new terminal which may or may not be a wise investment because your competition would be benfiting just as much in the reduction in capcity as you would be and you financed it.

But, you can't put DL pilots in the 320's or 190's till they are trained on them and that would take a while and a lot of money. In the meantime until they are integrated in they would still be flying their same schedules unless DL parks the 320's and 190's and removes the capacity from the system in which case you just bought out a competitor and a new terminal which may or may not be a wise investment because your competition would be benfiting just as much in the reduction in capcity as you would be and you financed it.
What you are saying is logical. But as you know, logic was banned from the airline industry years ago.

I doubt we would really want the new JFK terminal B6 is building. I was watching one of those building shows that did a piece on the terminal. They stated that since JetBlue doesn't operate widebodies the new terminal will not have a single gate that can fit one.

I doubt we would really want the new JFK terminal B6 is building. I was watching one of those building shows that did a piece on the terminal. They stated that since JetBlue doesn't operate widebodies the new terminal will not have a single gate that can fit one.

I dunno, but DAL has enough RJs that will fit the gate! Besides, just read that DAL will begin to connect international flights with bigger planes, i.e. 737N and stagger push back times to alliviate congestion.

If DL were to buy B6, I assume the terminal can be pretty easily modified for widebody aircraft (re-alignment of gates or addition of a pier with widebody aircraft gates as well as customs etc. facilities).

Never got over it did you? Sad. Move on man.

Oh I have...got out of the industry and will NEVER look back. I'll let the long days, crappy overnights and working holidays up to the "professionals". I'm enjoying life with my wealthy wife, remember I did tell you about her in a PM. I only did the flying thing to keep myself off the streets and now I never even look up when I hear an airplane. Not sad my man...I did move on thank you. But thanks for your advise. Guess what, don't miss it one once. Only in my 40's and living a great life without airplanes. I couldn't care less what happens in the aviation industry...just don't care. Oh airplanes do come in handy traveling the world with her so they do have a purpose.

Believe me man....got over it along time ago. You can have that life living out of a suitcase in marginal hotels. I now stay at the Ritz with her and never worry about commuting, jumpseat or CHECKRIDES!! Thanks for your concern my man....but I did move on, hardly sad. 42 years old and don't have to work another day...I do believe I did move on. Now don't you have a four day trip you have to check in for...LOL See luv2fly, I did get over it very well...just hav'n a little fun with ya, that's all.

Chow

Oh I have...got out of the industry and will NEVER look back. I'll let the long days, crappy overnights and working holidays up to the "professionals". I'm enjoying life with my wealthy wife, remember I did tell you about her in a PM. I only did the flying thing to keep myself off the streets and now I never even look up when I hear an airplane. Not sad my man...I did move on thank you. But thanks for your advise. Guess what, don't miss it one once. Only in my 40's and living a great life without airplanes. I couldn't care less what happens in the aviation industry...just don't care. Oh airplanes do come in handy traveling the world with her so they do have a purpose.

Believe me man....got over it along time ago. You can have that life living out of a suitcase in marginal hotels. I now stay at the Ritz with her and never worry about commuting, jumpseat or CHECKRIDES!! Thanks for your concern my man....but I did move on, hardly sad. 42 years old and don't have to work another day...I do believe I did move on. Now don't you have a four day trip you have to check in for...LOL See luv2fly, I did get over it very well...just hav'n a little fun with ya, that's all.

Chow

Well then good for you Fluf. You are one of the lucky ones. Good luck to you.

Well then good for you Fluf. You are one of the lucky ones. Good luck to you.

Thanks luv2fly...all it was luck. I wish everyone in the industry my best wishes and hope it sometimes returns the way it was and SHOULD be. It's been a rough time for the carriers and it's emplyees. I wish you and everyone at DAL the best of luck...happy fly'n!! :rolleyes:

Back