Delta possibly interested in B6?

Delta Board of Directors issued a statement on DeltaNet yesterday affirming the commitment management and the DL board to fairness in seniority protection in the event of a buyout or merger.

YGBSM! jetBlue is a non-Union airline. The only "protection" their pilots deserve is the same "protection" SWA gave Morris pilots...an interview, nothing more.

If JetBlue is subject to a merger or takeover, hopefully it will be with Frontier or Spirit. Delta would only be interested in ELIMINATING the competition (and taking over their terminal). JetBlue in the marketplace is GOOD for the consumer and the NY market.

If JetBlue is subject to a merger or takeover, hopefully it will be with Frontier or Spirit. Delta would only be interested in ELIMINATING the competition (and taking over their terminal). JetBlue in the marketplace is GOOD for the consumer and the NY market.

Probably not far from the truth. One of the MANY scenarios i've heard recently was DAL buying B6 outright, one ANALyst estimated their worth around $2.5 billion, and DAL would in turn have a firesale of B6's aircraft/equipment to essentially pay for said buyout/acquisition. Which in turn would give DAL what it truly wants, B6's shiny new terminal at JFK, along with the higher airfares to follow. I trust B6 would fight this tooth and nail, as would i. Eliminating an east coast powerhouse as B6 is would be bad news for consumers all around. Nevermind what the DOT/DOJ might have to say.

Please. jetBlue is a cancer on the industry in general and on the piloting profession in particular. A non-Union outfit that undercuts Union wages and benefits. People in NYC should be ashamed that this POS vulture has roosted in their city.

Please. jetBlue is a cancer on the industry in general and on the piloting profession in particular. A non-Union outfit that undercuts Union wages and benefits. People in NYC should be ashamed that this POS vulture has roosted in their city.

Looks like Fubi is off the wagon and his meds again. Seven years and B6 is bigger then your airline...BWAHAHAHA Go play hockey or something....

Probably not far from the truth. One of the MANY scenarios i've heard recently was DAL buying B6 outright, one ANALyst estimated their worth around $2.5 billion, and DAL would in turn have a firesale of B6's aircraft/equipment to essentially pay for said buyout/acquisition. Which in turn would give DAL what it truly wants, B6's shiny new terminal at JFK, along with the higher airfares to follow. I trust B6 would fight this tooth and nail, as would i. Eliminating an east coast powerhouse as B6 is would be bad news for consumers all around. Nevermind what the DOT/DOJ might have to say.
That's exactly what DAL would do and on top of that, they would in return break it off in US Airways backside for taking the terminal and the routes along the east coast out of JFK. :up:

And anyone who would bash anything just because it is non union has been drinking too much koolaide!
Unions have hurt this industry and your career far mor then anything a Jet Blue could do.

But wouldnt that be a Hostile takeover? I guess it would be ok if Delta did it though.

Latest posts

Back