Delta Helicopters

Puddle Jumper

Advanced
Mar 23, 2003
Does anyone know if Delta Helicopters is getting rid of their oil well servicing sector? I see on the Aeroads website that they have 2 44's for sale. I know Don was having a hard time landing contracts last year. Was wondering if anyone else has the inside scoop. Would be a shame if the company is ending this avenue. :mellow: After all they hired a few low timers every year. :up:

Last I heard they were replacing them with AS 350s because they found the 44s too expensive to service

Phil

Well Well I am sure that all you that know Delta know all there is to know about that company. They got rid of the 44's and they like the AStars. I have only worked for them two summers and they have treated me okay. I worked for a company in Kelowna for over 20 years and I was told 30 years ago when I got my license if you can't say something nice about the people you are talking about don't say a word. I am so glad that I am only going to work in this industry for a few more years. I would like those years to be productive. I hope that you all have the same desire. You all fly safe and worry about getting home safe each night and you will do okay.

"If you cant say anything nice, dont say anything at all" What a cop out. Say it like you mean it you punk!

SlapShot it is people like you that reall Piss me off and if I see you I want you to say that to my face Punk.

204B is NOT a Punk, he's got more safe hours in more aircraft in more countries than you'll probably ever have.

When 204B speaks, I for one ...Listen !

Thanks Gentlement I am just tired of some of the material that goes on on the forum and would like to see more positive things on this site. Thanks

Yeh, I don't know 204B, but I just love the sound of one coming towards me, especailly on a nice calm evening. :up:

Rev. C.W.

Slap shot you gotta be kidding right! am I right!

204b you earned my deepest respect as a proffesional, when I was fortunate enough to ride cojo with you on a flight out of high levell two years ago. You put that 204 into a hole that I would of had a hard time putting a 206 into. I still cant believe that there was'nt any bark flying!
And I recall there was a total of ten souls on board, hmmm what a difference of more than ten thousand hours makes!
As for the 44's it seems hard to find some one thats willing, (with greater than the 1500hrs thats reqiured by the customers) to fill a 44 position.
This is a cyclical buissness and to the mighty Alberta forestry, the Astar is the preferred choice over the smaller machines, wich refers to the supply and demand part of the buissness.
If you go by the numbers alone, I believe delta probably has one of the highest average of hours per pilot than most companies in the country, that alone tells us something.

Sounds to me like SlapShot needs to wear a helmet a little more often!!!

But, I digress. 204B Dude, you are da man, full stop. Maybe someday I'll learn 10% of what you've forgotten, although these days, I tend to forget a lot quickly (not sure if I should see a doctor about that!!) :p

If I've learned one thing over the years, it's to listen to the folks who've been there already. In fact, I seem to remember Mr. 204B offering me a few insights into how not to kill myself quickly in the hills. Ooo mama, that's startin to be a little while ago eh???

As far as our boy SlapShot is concerned, uh, gee, how can I put this in terms you'll understand. Oh yeah, if you should get the chance to offer more clever commentary to 204B Dude face to face, make sure you do it with some distance between the two of you, cuz if those mitts of his should happen to get hold of you................................................

Fly safe boyz and girlz. :blink:

Back