Delta seeks Ch. 11 extension...

I can't wait for the "WorldTraveler" spin. :rolleyes:

Reading the article might help to start.

The Atlanta-based airline said the extension — its fourth such request — from April 16 to June 1 is necessary because a confirmation hearing on its Chapter 11 plan is scheduled for April 25, after the current deadline.

In other words, they are trying to prevent the possibility of people like Doug from getting any more bright ideas.

Reading the article might help to start.
In other words, they are trying to prevent the possibility of people like Doug from getting any more bright ideas.

Umm...yeah...right.

Still want to see the creative spin WorldTraveler puts on this.

The most important reason for the 'motion to extend' is that DL still has many leases that it needs to evaluate in anticipation for its BK exit. If the extension is not granted, DL will likely be forced to either accept or reject leases before it knows whether it is prudent to keep the premises' or not. In other words, DL needs more time to carefully identify and evaluate each of the leases in the time remaining before the confirmation hearing.

And obviously, many of the leases, especially those that govern DL's use and occupancy rights at airports, are among the most important assets of DL and are vital to its continued operations.

The most important reason for the 'motion to extend' is that DL still has many leases that it needs to evaluate in anticipation for its BK exit. If the extension is not granted, DL will likely be forced to either accept or reject leases before it knows whether it is prudent to keep the premises' or not. In other words, DL needs more time to carefully identify and evaluate each of the leases in the time remaining before the confirmation hearing.
But WT has been crystal clear that DL knows exactly what it is doing throughtout the BK process, has been way way ahead of where it needs to be, and because this BK would be so expertly managed and brief, extensions for reasons like this would not be needed.

It seems odd that DL has not yet identified and evaluated all of those leases.

Hello WT? Are you still on one of those lengthy and conveniently timed "vacations" you are so fond of taking when certain types of news arises?

I'm confused and could really use your help in all of this. I learned a lot about BK from your UA postings, and one of the things you taught me was how BK extensions are always bad and show management doesn't know what the heck it is doing. Please clarify.

(And remind me again, for how many years has DL been insolvent?)

But WT has been crystal clear that DL knows exactly what it is doing throughtout the BK process, has been way way ahead of where it needs to be, and because this BK would be so expertly managed and brief, extensions for reasons like this would not be needed....
It might have something to do with having to allocate time and resources to fend off that snake-oil salesman you work for. You know the guy; Doug Lorenzo, er, Frank Parker, er, well, you know.

Very mature. :down:
Great, another idiot with nothing useful to say joins the forum. Welcome.

I thought Idiots like yourself needed company! Although it is a little crowded on this forum with all the ego's and superiority complexes on display...but still you do have ugly FA's! Then again I think you know that, I'm sure it's why they overnight in seperate hotels from the pilot group! :rolleyes: