Delta testing new products for Sky Club

Kev3188 said:
I get that, and in that context, the rest of the foods listed offerings makes sense. That said, I just can't wrap my head around the idea that a Diamond Elite would want to tuck into a nice bowl of Beef Barley (or whatever) mid trip.

It is right from the AS clubs. I don't really get it myself, but I know its something the company has heard positives from HVCs that fly both DL and AS. 

but I could also see in being liked up north when its cold. Delta food in the clubs are very meh(and IMO they still have the best domestic clubs in the US....I don't believe UA/AA give you unlimited drinks like DL) so I look at this as positive 

WorldTraveler said:
DL also just tightened up the membership requirements for the SkyClubs. Part of that decision might be to enrich the offerings.

Note also the competitive nature of the markets where these are being tested. ATL and SEA are in but CVG, MSP, and SLC are not.
DFW, LAX, MIA, RDU are in but other cities are not. Could be just a sample but perhaps not.
RDU/MIA/LAX/IND are all recently remodeled clubs. Also gives a nice demographic.
ATL is because its Atlanta and Delta. (and its only, 2 or 3 of the clubs here. I think its one of A and F, maybe the one on E)   

interestingly the new JFK club isn't part of this. 

eolesen said:
I doubt they're doing galley packing for the club, Jim.... it will more likely be 2 gallon vats of self-serve at a standalone warmer.
some(all?) of the clubs already do oatmeal in the morning hours and played around with soup before. Basically its put in a big cockpot. 

Latest posts