Delta Will Take Over Alaska Airlines?

jimntx said:

Oh, and we don't have to fly NRT (the correct airport code) from every International hub.  We have a Joint Business Venture with Japan Airlines who offers JFK-NRT twice a day.  In case you didn't know, a JBV is more profitable than a codeshare, and you can strategically utilize your own metal elsewhere.

(Note that the word strategically makes it sound like I know what the hell I'm talking about.  You should always throw it in when you're whistling in the dark.)
I didn't mean NYC-NRT, I meant NYC-TYO as in the greater Tokyo area (so both NRT and HND) 
I do understand the point of a JV, however as much as fan boys and management want to act like it doesn't matter if Delta or Air France flies JFK-CDG, it does. Delta tried this one year, they dumped JFK-CDG to let AF fly it, of course during that time people like WT were screaming how it doesn't matter, then about a year later Delta was back in the market. 

Same thing for AA and JFK-TYO. Not having a flight in such a huge market shows AA's weaker position in the NYC marketplace. 

WorldTraveler said:
sorry, but "staying in your own camp" and posting factually incorrect or logically disjointed information won't cut it.

You right. Much better to post incorrect stuff across every board....... 

and a lot of the reason why DL realized it needed its own flight for JFK-CDG is because DL couldn't connect to the AF flight behind security since AF operates from Terminal 1.

and although AA/BA and DL/AF/KL have done the best jobs of spreading the traffic over either carrier, regardless of who operates it, very few other JVs do that on an equal basis.

Latest posts

Back