Democracy

Ken MacTiernan

Veteran
Aug 12, 2003
San Diego CA
I just received an election ballot for AMFA. Since I am an AMFA Associate Member, (dual unionism?), I will be able to vote for National Officers. This seems only right since AMFA is a democratic union.

My question is why does not the twu allow for their members to vote for who they wish to be in the International Officer positions? When will we get a ballot to vote for or against jim little, sonny hall or bobby gless?

Until that time the twu remains a communistic association.

GO AMFA!

Checking it Out said:
Ken, Go get educated about our constitution!
You are surely not claiming the Constitution allows the member to vote on who is in the International postion are you?

I have witnessed the TWU concession leaders for 20 years and NOT ONCE ever gotten a ballot regarding International Officer positions.

In fact, the 1989, 1993, 1997, and 2001 Convention proceedings show that resolutions on the floor of the Convention regarding direct elections was rejected by the dictators.

It appears you should investigate your own union instead of investigating AMFA all the time.

I believe that the members right to remove officers at the International has been removed. At one time it was Art. 22

Example of resolutions rejected that would allow direct election of International Officers:

1993 TWU International Convention:

resolutionN-1993.jpg

Checking it Out said:
Ken, Go get educated about our constitution!
I already have you simple man. That is why I made the above post. Please do not remain ignorant for your entire professional career.

Ask someone who you report to why the twu does not allow for the full membership to elect/vote all international officer positions. When you have a truthful answer return and post. Until then stay in the shadows of fear and ignorance.

AMFA is for democracy. AMFA is for the membership.

GO AMFA!

Hey Ken if you want a real education check out NMB cases R6995,R6994,R6981,R6963 these were all nonunion work groups who said no thanks Twscrew we like our chances better on our own. Case # 6994 I believe were ski caps. No thanks Sonny, Jim we ski caps like our chances for better pay and work rules with out you. NO VOTE :angry: NO PEACE!!!

Checking it Out said:
Are you aware 6% of the amfa members voted in the last elections?
I am aware that jim little ACCEPTED concessions after promising a FULL REVOTE and NOT delivering.

Again, show me where the twu constitution states that they are democratic and all international officer positions are to elected/voted by the full membership. When you have a truthful answer return and post. Until then stay in the shadows of fear and ignorance.

Checking it Out said:
Are you aware 6% of the amfa members voted in the last elections?
What are you talking about?

6% of which AMFA members voted for what election?

Are you stating that you have a tally of the number of AMFA members and you know how they voted in the TWU Officer Election or the AMFA election where the members have the right to vote for their National Officers?

Maybe you are talking about the last president of the US elections.

So CIO what about the removal of Article 22 from the TWU constitution?

Maybe you should read the minutes of the convention.

Checking it Out said:
All I can assume. These members writing here do not trust the comvention delegate that were elected by the Membership!

Where is your proof that only 6% Voted?

To the other issue you raised regarding trust:

No need to assume. You are correct.

I do not trust someone else to go make decisions for me that do not allow my opinion to be forwarded via a ballot.

Even Changes to the AMFA Constitution are submitted to membership balloting before implementation.

How would you like your Republican Senators to decide the Bush/Kerry Decision in November? The Senator's were elected by the people, but I doubt you trust Nickles or Inhofe to cast your vote for United States President.

Your arguements attempting to defend the undefendable dictators of the TWU are lame at best.

Checking it Out said:
During the last Amfa National election 6% of the members returned ballots.!

Go here to see the difference!

http://noamfa.homestead.com/amfarecall.html

All I can assume. These members writing here do not trust the comvention delegate that were elected by the Membership!
You expect anyone to believe you when:

1) many have caught you here lying

and

2) your source is a no AMFA web site.

Go attempt to betray the rest of the membership, but at least here where most of us do research, do not be so blatantly stupid.

Back