District 141 Meets with United, Secures Wage Increases for Members Working Under Modified Contracts

bob@las-AA said:
Thanks, just trying to clear up rumors!
Rumors come from people who don't read. Or people who are so bored that they just have to start something up to see what will happen.

Don't listen to rumors.

WeAAsles said:
Rumors come from people who don't read. Or people who are so bored that they just have to start something up to see what will happen.

Don't listen to rumors.
I'm guessing that the rumors are coming from the same faction that wants to over-through the sitting one in DFW.

WeAAsles said:

Don't listen to rumors.
Well you know what they say!!!  If you haven't heard the latest rumor by 9am, you need to start one! 

Reactions: 1 person
bob@las-AA said:
I'm guessing that the rumors are coming from the same faction that wants to over-through the sitting one in DFW.
I'm staying out of all of that since I have friends on both sides. But yea it does seem to be getting ugly there unfortunately.

District Lodge 141 Certifies Ratification Vote:
District Lodge 141 certified that DL141 members covered by United Airlines contracts overwhelmingly ratified their Collective Bargaining Agreements.
The five-year accords run through 2021 and provide industry-best wages, work protections and retirement security, among other improvements.
The IAM has ratified 14 separate contracts for seven separate classifications covering approximately 30,000 workers since the merger of United, Continental and Continental Micronesia in 2010. Through two successful rounds of bargaining, IAM members have achieved wage and pension increases of more than 40 percent and industry-best work protection, among many other improvements.

Results of ratification vote for UAL CBA's
Passenger Service 87.1%
Fleet Service 84.7%
Stores 79.7%
CLP 97.8%
Maintenance Instructors 96.4%
Fleet Technical Instructors 100%
Security Officers 93.9%
Food Service 68.4%
http://iam141.org/

Kev3188 said:
With ZW suspending its ground handling operation, will 141 move to secure any of that work, or will they just let UGS grab it all?
Like I've said before. I want anyone and everyone who touches a bag in our industry to be organized. Even if the CBA Agent is the same one who represents me.

As long as the lower wage group is not paying the same rate as I am in dues, I'm not really concerned that the Union will prefer to gain more of them over more of me.

Wouldn't make any financial sense.

And there should be a flow through agreement as well if the Union represents both groups. I think its criminal that my TWU does not have an agreement like that in place for AE (Envoy, whatever)

Kev3188 said:
With ZW suspending its ground handling operation, will 141 move to secure any of that work, or will they just let UGS grab it all?
Well the funny thing was that over a year ago, ZW was ground handling the UAX operation at IAD. Now, it is being handled by Swissport. 
I guess they still have a contract with them, but the District could not secure the UAX work in IAD and DEN. My guess is that they did not want to break those contracts and they also said that it was cost effective to leave things "status quo", instead of giving us that work.  SkyWest had the SFO & LAX UAX ops, and it was easier to get that work.

I don't know if UGS will get that work right now. Maybe in the future though since the contractors are not up to par so to speak.  They are trying to get UGS up and running by servicing the smaller stations that DGS & Envoy had. This is going to take some time. My guess is the District will organize UGS when it is more established.

WeAAsles said:
Like I've said before. I want anyone and everyone who touches a bag in our industry to be organized. Even if the CBA Agent is the same one who represents me.

As long as the lower wage group is not paying the same rate as I am in dues, I'm not really concerned that the Union will prefer to gain more of them over more of me.

Wouldn't make any financial sense.

And there should be a flow through agreement as well if the Union represents both groups. I think its criminal that my TWU does not have an agreement like that in place for AE (Envoy, whatever)
So that's a no, then?

I say this with respect, but you gotta remember not everyone is a senior guy in a hub...

Kev3188 said:
So that's a no, then?
I say this with respect, but you gotta remember not everyone is a senior guy in a hub...
I don't know what's going to happen over there frankly? But what I do see is that 7 stations are now 30. That's 23 stations worth of people who can now permanently rest easy. And I see 17 more granted a reprieve at least until 2024. 8 years. That's 8 years that maybe some of those people will retire, their kids may be grown and out of the house or 8 years to plan their lives with.

Before that all I saw was a nuclear bomb option of only 7 staffed cities. And 85% of those members obviously saw the same thing I did.

And Kev I didn't start out as a senior guy in a Hub. I started off as a Part Timer in a mid sized station, LGA. I made a "choice" 2 years in to leave and go to a Hub to gain a Full Time job. From there I made multiple other "choices" with my life and career. Some good, some bad but all my choices. These people are all adults and quite capable or should be of making their own choices through life (and I'm ecstatic that they have lots more options for choices now)

I hope you are as well?

Latest posts