DL F/A jumpseat on JetBlue

NYCDelta

Senior
Dec 12, 2006
Chicago, IL
Effective 01FEB2007, DL F/A's can ride for free on JetBlue cabin or jumpseats. This is great news for commuters-especially in the northeast. We are currently negotiating similar agreements with other carriers, and they will be announced shortly.

Effective 01FEB2007, DL F/A's can ride for free on JetBlue cabin or jumpseats. This is great news for commuters-especially in the northeast. We are currently negotiating similar agreements with other carriers, and they will be announced shortly.

This is great news! AA F/A's just signed an agreement with jetBlue, that went into effect on 01NOV06.

Yes, you are currently working with other carriers. One is AA! AA and the APFA (Our Union) are in negotiations with DL to sign a jumpseat agreement. This was announced 1 week after are agreement with jetBlue was official. Let's keep our fingers crossed. :up:

weren't you always able to ride free on jetblue? they always let usairways employees ride free.

etops1,

This was posted on the US forum - don't have any idea if it's true or not.

Jim

Speaking of non rev-ing. I just heard that jetblue will shortly begin charging USAir F/A's for F/A jumpseats on their airline. It's because USAirways didnt recipocate the flight attendant jumpseat policy.
I heard it will cost F/A's $25.00 to ride the jumpseats now.

why not recipocate the policy with them?
only stating opinions.

weren't you always able to ride free on jetblue? they always let usairways employees ride free.

No, this is a new agreement for us. DL has always been the last to allow these type of things. As a matter of fact, when I first started, I don't think pilots from other airlines could j/s on DL and vice versa. Correct me if I'm wrong, anybody.

I had heard that JetBlue had been letting us jumpseat. However, they had either stopped or were stopping the policy. If anyone can confirm or refute, please do so.

JetBlue will be the first OAL to be able to jumpseat on us.

Their VP of In-Flight Service, Vicky Stennes, is former Delta so JetBlue may have been the logical place to start forming agreements. Also, JetBlue is non union, so there is one less party to get involved in the negotiations.

Actually, AA signed an agreement for j/s a few months ago with JB. UA has been flying them but effective 11/1/06, they are supposed to charge us $25 per leg (haven't charged me yet! :up: )

At UA, we are actively working towards a j/s agreement with them. Over at UA WHQ, feet dragging continues. Perhaps we will all have the agreements in soon.

Can't wait to see how ALPA then trys to trump us by getting status over us. At least at JB, they board us by first come/first serve (after their own first) and do not care what job we do at their competitors company.

I had heard that JetBlue had been letting us jumpseat. However, they had either stopped or were stopping the policy. If anyone can confirm or refute, please do so.

JetBlue will be the first OAL to be able to jumpseat on us.

Their VP of In-Flight Service, Vicky Stennes, is former Delta so JetBlue may have been the logical place to start forming agreements. Also, JetBlue is non union, so there is one less party to get involved in the negotiations.

They were letting us j/s, then they were going to start charging 25 bucks; then they signed a new reciprocal agreement starting 02/01/2007. It sound like UA and US are both being charged now, but AA and DL are not. I'm hoping eventually, we all will have it. There are so many commuters, and I could really use free on NWA.

I hope ALL the carriers join in on reciprocal. They may be charging US and UA, they just never do.....kudos!!!

I hope ALL the carriers join in on reciprocal. They may be charging US and UA, they just never do.....kudos!!!

At AA we have had reciprocal J/S with Skywest and Frontier for around 2 years. Then Southwest joined in Nov 2005, if I recall correctly. Now Jetblue gets what they have been giving everyone else so graciously. Now it is time for all other airlines to join. I always laugh when I ride UAX for free using UA paid sevices and the UA agents on occasion don't like it. The best part is UA can't do anything about it. Let's hope DL, UA, US, NW, AS and everyone else sign on soon. My vote for immediate J/S privelages.....UNITED. Please help me out. I refuse to pay the ZED fares, so I wait around quite a lot waiting to get home.

Back