DL grows PNW with new SEA/PDX Hawaii service

WorldTraveler said:
correct.... DL has indicated it will not.
This is simple. Just prove this to be the case

WorldTraveler said:
and dawg needs to sit down with a DL route map and travelnet and realize DL flies a whole lot more routes than what he listed from the NE US to states that border the Pacific ocean.

Ugh. You said "let me know when DL uses 321s or 320s on NE US to CA transcons."

once again you post something, wait five minutes then change your mind. Thus we are all stupid because WE CAN READ WHAT YOU SAID AND YOU CANT!
Logic if for fools. 

WorldTraveler said:
he also would do well to talk with DL pilots who fly the 738 and 9 who say that the 739ER (not UA's 739s) has the range to fly the same routes the 738 does. beautifully, no. that award will only go to the 757 among narrowbodies.
Oh so pilots are the all knowing huh? 
As it is, I have been to 737 school thank you very much. I work on the f#@king things and once again i have a keyboard warrior telling me I don't know anything about them. 

I don't need to "talk to the pilots". All i have to do is look in the right places and I can see all the data. 

And Delta's 739s do not have the same range as a Delta 738. Good lord all it takes is half a brain cell as a few minutes on FAA.gov to figure it out.

WorldTraveler said:
and I didn't say that the 321 couldn't make NE US to US west coast solely because of performance issues. I said DL won't use the aircraft on those routes. Period.
Prove this. If Delta has said it, you can point it out to me. 

WorldTraveler said:
The fact that the 321 is as large as 752 in its current capacity but that the 320 cannot fly true transcon routes
Yes the 320 can. Again, LAX-TPA and RDU are true Transcons. 320 has done them for Delta. So once again false. 

WorldTraveler said:
and there are no 320 DL pilot bases on the west coast all factor into the reasons why DL will use 757s and 737 versions for the majority of west coast and transcon flying, including to/from ATL and DTW which aren't near as far from the west coast as NYC and BOS are.
Again, don't need a 320 pilot base to fly ATL-PDX. I agree that its unlikely the 321 will see many LAX or SEA tcons and probably none that aren't hubs. 

WorldTraveler said:
oh and you might consider that DL will have north of 150 738s and 739s but just 30 321s and that might also give you some insight into why DL will keep the 321s concentrated in a fairly small geographic part of the country
Gah If you are going to tell me I am stupid at least take the time to know what you are talking about. Delta has 45 321s on order. 

WorldTraveler said:
there are people who have thought it all out even if some here have not.
And there are people who don't even know the number of airplanes on order

much less the routes they are going to fly. 

Reactions: 3 people
robbedagain said:
great post dawg       what engine will power the 321s
Thanks. 
Delta is going with the highest thrust model for the 321, which is the CFM56-5B3. Its a 33K engine. 

however Anderson has publicly said they think V2500 powered 321s look good on the used market and those would be V2533-A5s. 

your welcome.

thanks dawg      large number of our 321s have the V2500 powered engines and they do cross country flights    once in a while they'll do the phx-bwi run often during the summer  and or when we have flex flights

dawg,
you are right that your list includes NE US to CA transcons which is what I mentioned.

tell me, however, if the distance from LAX to FLA is closer to ATL and DTW or to the US NE cities that have transcon service on the 320.

and finally, when the 321 schedules are actually loaded, then you can argue what they will be used for vs. what I have said.

and UA DOES use the 739s on BOS-SFO transcons which even in the summer are blocked at over 6 1/2 hours. tell me how many A320 family routes DL has of that length or longer. and don't tell us about UA's stupidity in mixing 739s and 739ERs or of dispatching 739ERs to Hawaii with MELs that limit range.

based purely on the fact that the 320s aren't being used for true NE transcons but the 738s/9s are and DL will have more of them, don't look for a whole lot of 320 family transcon routes.

and DL did make a point when the 739ERs were ordered that they could fly any route on the US domestic system... they did not make that point when they ordered the 321s.

robbedagain said:
your welcome.

thanks dawg      large number of our 321s have the V2500 powered engines and they do cross country flights    once in a while they'll do the phx-bwi run often during the summer  and or when we have flex flights
 The V2500 is a great motor on the 321. 

WorldTraveler said:
dawg,
you are right that your list includes NE US to CA transcons which is what I mentioned.
I know

WorldTraveler said:
tell me, however, if the distance from LAX to FLA is closer to ATL and DTW or to the US NE cities that have transcon service on the 320.
You are jumping all over the place with your argument here. What are we talking about? Tcons of only LAX-BOS. 

The 321 will fly Tcons. They probably wont fly much out of JFK because generally they use the smaller 737-800s for those routes. 757 Tcons out of ATL and 76Q Tcons out of ATL will see some 321s. 

WorldTraveler said:
and finally, when the 321 schedules are actually loaded, then you can argue what they will be used for vs. what I have said.
okay thanks. 

WorldTraveler said:
and UA DOES use the 739s on BOS-SFO transcons which even in the summer are blocked at over 6 1/2 hours. tell me how many A320 family routes DL has of that length or longer. and don't tell us about UA's stupidity in mixing 739s and 739ERs or of dispatching 739ERs to Hawaii with MELs that limit range.
You are painting picture here that isn't what is being said. No one is arguing what the 739 can do or cant do. I agree that LAX-BOS wont see a 738. But I also don't see a 739 on it any time soon. Delta is keeping 757-200s around to do these kinds of very long Tcons if they want to add more capacity than what they can with a 738. 

WorldTraveler said:
based purely on the fact that the 320s aren't being used for true NE transcons but the 738s/9s are and DL will have more of them, don't look for a whole lot of 320 family transcon routes.
Delta will have all of 10 more 737s than the will A32S aircraft. 

but again, As i have told you at least 100 times, comparing what Delta's 320 do now is not a good judgement for what the 319/321 will do in the future. 
The 320 fleet is going to be doing shorter flying along side the M88, M90, 717. The are limited due to weight and engines. This is why they aren't getting AVOD. 

The A319s and A321s are getting AVOD (and the new wifi systems) so that they can fly Tcons and Latin AM flying. 

WorldTraveler said:
and DL did make a point when the 739ERs were ordered that they could fly any route on the US domestic system... they did not make that point when they ordered the 321s.
uh? what? 

Reactions: 1 person
again, you can tell me what NE transcon flying the 321 does when it is loaded. Maybe it will.

There will be plenty of ATL and DTW to the west coast and perhaps SLC to the NE and FLorida on the 321.

the 319s may be used for domestic longhaul flying but I suspect a good number of them will be used for Latin America.

oh, and BOS-LAX-BOS is a 737-800. on DL. today. 6.44 block westbound.

oops.

WorldTraveler said:
again, you can tell me what NE transcon flying the 321 does when it is loaded. Maybe it will.

There will be plenty of ATL and DTW to the west coast and perhaps SLC to the NE and FLorida on the 321.
So you are already running and changing you story. 

That was quick even for you. 
WorldTraveler said:
the 319s may be used for domestic longhaul flying but I suspect a good number of them will be used for Latin America.

oh, and BOS-LAX-BOS is a 737-800. on DL. today. 6.44 block westbound.

oops.
Honestly dude you are f'ing killing me. 
I didn't LAX-BOS is anything but 738s. It has been nothing but 738s. 

I said that IF delta were to add capacity it would likely be via 757s. Not 321s or 739s.

I agree that LAX-BOS wont see a 738.
here's your quote.

If I am killing you, it is because you are typing way faster than your brain can keep up and writing the opposite of what you mean.

step back, have a drink, let it wear off, and try again tomorrow.

DL is flying and will fly 738s on LAX-BOS.

WorldTraveler said:
here's your quote.

If I am killing you, it is because you are typing way faster than your brain can keep up and writing the opposite of what you mean.

step back, have a drink, let it wear off, and try again tomorrow.

DL is flying and will fly 738s on LAX-BOS.
my fault, should be I agree the 321 won't be flying LAX-BOS

ok...that's clear now... really, we all do mistakes. thanks for acknowledging it... let's carry on in peace...

but if it is solely a capacity issue, the 757s are no more likely to be seen.

FWIW, I don't think we will see the 757 on any transcons outside of DL hubs including NYC and perhaps a Florida flight or two... but since the 739 can easily do LAX-FLA, I am betting that will be the preferred aircraft. the 321 should be able to do LAX-FLA so if there is a market there, that might be how the aircraft rotates other than from DTW and ATL to the west and perhaps via SLC which sees plenty of 739s or 75s to the west coast.

WorldTraveler said:
ok...that's clear now... really, we all do mistakes. thanks for acknowledging it... let's carry on in peace...

but if it is solely a capacity issue, the 757s are no more likely to be seen.

FWIW, I don't think we will see the 757 on any transcons outside of DL hubs including NYC and perhaps a Florida flight or two... but since the 739 can easily do LAX-FLA, I am betting that will be the preferred aircraft. the 321 should be able to do LAX-FLA so if there is a market there, that might be how the aircraft rotates other than from DTW and ATL to the west and perhaps via SLC which sees plenty of 739s or 75s to the west coast.
What they have told us is any of the long Tcons, 5-6 hours will mostly be 800s and 757s
the bulk of the tcons will be -800, -900ERs, 319s, 321s and 757s. 
mid cons will be the above with some MD90 and 320 tossed in
shorter haul will be MD88, 717, 320s with some 738,739, 319, 321, 739, 757 tossed in. 

Florida will see a lot of the 739/321 also.   

Don't remember what or who was commenting on 717 flying. DL is putting a 717 base in LAX starting this fall.25 crews to start. 777 base to be announced in the fall 20 to 25 crews. In talks to take over t6 or move to t2 and t3 in the future. Don't know if that is news to anyone. Also expansion into more of Central America with Managua . That is all from pilot road show in LAX.

metopower said:
Don't remember what or who was commenting on 717 flying. DL is putting a 717 base in LAX starting this fall.25 crews to start. 777 base to be announced in the fall 20 to 25 crews. In talks to take over t6 or move to t2 and t3 in the future. Don't know if that is news to anyone. Also expansion into more of Central America with Managua . That is all from pilot road show in LAX.
thank you, meto.

it is news to the AA crowd who is convinced that DL has no means to grow at LAX even though I have repeatedly told them that DL could exercise the same strategic options that AA has exercised to grow its presence at LAX. 

metopower said:
Sounds like that wont be the only 717 base out west.
So are you staying in ATL meto or heading west?  

WorldTraveler said:
thank you, meto.

it is news to the AA crowd who is convinced that DL has no means to grow at LAX even though I have repeatedly told them that DL could exercise the same strategic options that AA has exercised to grow its presence at LAX. 
interesting times ahead in LAX. I have a good buddy who is out their in dept 250. All kinds of talk of things going on. Gates and other things... 

Latest posts