Dougs' Address

wings396

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
Anyone out there have both Doug's E-mail as well as his mailing address? Thanks...

Mail is:

111 W Rio Salado Pkwy
Tempe AZ 85281

And PITBull is, as usual, correct.

Both the @americawest.com and @usairways.com will work.

I got a reply from his staff 2 days ago at the americawest address.

I sent Mr. Parker an e-mail late this past weekend with a few quick questions that I could not get answers to. He had a manager contact me today with the answers I asked. This is the VERY FIRST C.E.O that cared enough to actually have time, that if he didn't know the answers to, he found someone who did and got back to me, and extremely fast I must add. This guy is really someone US needed many, many years ago. I will probably get flamed, but I wanted to let others know that he is a straight-shooter and seems to actully care about employees.

Yes, as a retiree, it sucks having lower priority boarding than active employees, but life goes on. It could be much worse. If anyone here as ever retired from service, you very well know that you, too, travel space-a at a much lower priority than when you were active duty. No b***ching there, you just live with it and move on. For those of you who may not know, there are 6 categories of travel for the armed forces:
Category I. Emergency leave
Category II: Environmental and morale leave (EML)
Category III: Ordinary leave, pass, and liberty
Category IV: Unaccompanied family members on EML
Category V: Permissive (no-cost) TDY orders
Category VI: Retirees and Reservists

As you see, Reserve members and retirees travel at the very, very bottom: category 6...and, by the way, it all goes by sign-up date and time. And those flights are not guaranteed, nor or they frequent. So, as someone mentioned, 'after all those years I put in and that's all I have left', you are not the only person with problems. Think about those that offered their lives for 'our' freedom, spending many, many months away from home and family. I would dare say that any airline employee gives this much sacrifice, so as someone else stated, they did not work 35 years to fly free.

Latest posts

Back