East pilots would you relocate to PHX if given the opportunity?

East pilots would you relocate to PHX if given the opportunity?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

smoot4208

Advanced
Nov 6, 2006
Please only US East pilots respond to this poll. All of the west pilots think if we go DOH that we all just want to come and storm PHX. I am tired of them accusing us of this. Hopefully this poll will end put that statement to rest. I know I wouldn't go out there.

I lived in PHX in 71 72--when it had big farming sector---not going back to the H E A T !!

Please only US East pilots respond to this poll. All of the west pilots think if we go DOH that we all just want to come and storm PHX. I am tired of them accusing us of this. Hopefully this poll will end put that statement to rest. I know I wouldn't go out there.

All of west pilots likely think that if domiciles suddenly went open season the movement would be a wash or slightly more coming west than east. The west is likely much more afraid of furlough fodder and no movement for 5-10 years. They also likely dont care much about the siren song of inheriting the earth when east is gone, as simply surviving the next months/years will be great. Looking that far ahead is no longer in vogue, look at what happened at U for example.

All of west pilots likely think that if domiciles suddenly went open season the movement would be a wash or slightly more coming west than east. The west is likely much more afraid of furlough fodder and no movement for 5-10 years. They also likely dont care much about the siren song of inheriting the earth when east is gone, as simply surviving the next months/years will be great. Looking that far ahead is no longer in vogue, look at what happened at U for example.

Your post is an excellent indictment of the value invested by the west and ALPA in "career expectations".

We have the highest unit costs in the industry. The #1 competetor in PHX and the southwest is Southwest Airlines.

What makes anyone think there's going to be a PHX to move to?

Remember PSA?

We have the highest unit costs in the industry. The #1 competetor in PHX and the southwest is Southwest Airlines.

What makes anyone think there's going to be a PHX to move to?

Remember PSA?
First, I think you meant, PIT and not PSA. PSA is not a city, that I know of. Twenty years ago, PIT was considered invincible.

Also, you might sometime question why US has the "highest unit costs". Do you think comparing US "unit costs" to SWA "unit costs" is comparing apples to apples? Do you think the carriers have the same accounting systems? Why or why not? If not, then is it prudent to think their "unit costs" are the same as our "unit costs"? If so, and SWA is experiencing problems, why is US still around?

If a corporation shows fifteen years of losses out of seventeen, why are they still "alive"?

Sometime you might ask Dougie why US continues to have an accounting category named Misc and why it is the largest, percentage-wise, in the industry. and what the heck is in it.

If the unit costs were sorta in the same ballpark I'd tend to agree with what you're saying. They're not even close - it's like 15 to 8. It's basically costing us twice as much to fly a seat one mile. Pretty hard to explain that away.

If the unit costs were sorta in the same ballpark I'd tend to agree with what you're saying. They're not even close - it's like 15 to 8. It's basically costing us twice as much to fly a seat one mile. Pretty hard to explain that away.
Does that not toss a lot of red flags, in itself? If the ratio was close to 1, then you could say that. The fact that the ratio is so far apart cries for another explanation.

The East CSM killed PSA in the end. PSA could have competed on their own but not at U's CSM against SWA.

Things were assumed that doing well on the east would continue on the west-Colodny had his head handed to him.

Has anything changed?

Of course things have changed. Lakefield found the money and put the deal together. Then he left Parker in charge. He changed the stock ticker to LCC. Bingo..........................

Now we continue to have the highest CASM in the industry.

Lakefield had the right idea but the wrong guy. This puppy isn't long for this world one way or another. Merger or split up is on the horizon and the parts that aren't making money aren't going to be around.

PHX.....LAS.....

Lakefield had the right idea but the wrong guy. This puppy isn't long for this world one way or another. Merger or split up is on the horizon and the parts that aren't making money aren't going to be around.

PHX.....LAS.....

I can only hope you are right. Seeing PHX and LAS split up from the East will bring an end to this dysfunction. I definitely miss the family atmosphere that this airline was. I guess none of us will be around according to you though since really there aren't many parts of this airline that ARE making money in this environment.

I would agree that this did not end up being a good pairing. I believe that Parker too had the right idea but chose the wrong airline.

I can think of about 4 people that would go back west , there will be no mad rush to PHX or LAS

Back