Election Recount

I am probably registered in more than one state since I moved recently. A bunch of people died over the last year. Most of them probably didn't contact the SOS and tell them to take them off the voter rolls.

That is a very different thing than either me, or them voting in more than one state, or voting while dead.

Voter registration records and voter fraud are two very different things and you know it Eric.

"Trump thinks non-citizens are deciding elections. We debunked the research he’s citing."

This may behind a paywall, so I copied a large quote below.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...lections-we-debunked-the-research-hes-citing/

"Donald Trump has increasingly sought to cast doubt on the validity of the upcoming 2016 election outcome, claiming that the results will be “rigged.” He recently cited a studyby political scientists Jesse Richman, Gulshan Chattha, and David Earnest that purports to use data from a large national survey — the Cooperative Congressional Election Study (CCES) — to show that some non-citizens have voted in previous elections. This study was summarized at The Monkey Cage and provoked three rebuttals (here, here, and here) as well as a response from the authors.

After this exchange, we published a peer-reviewed piece arguing that this study is wrong and that there is absolutely no evidence from the data that non-citizens voted in recent presidential elections.

We argue that the findings in the Richman et al. article can be entirely explained by measurement error. Specifically, survey respondents occasionally select the incorrect response to a question merely by accident.

In 2012, we re-interviewed 19,000 respondents who had originally taken the CCES survey in 2010. We asked about a respondent’s citizenship status in both 2010 and 2012. A very large fraction (99.25 percent) of respondents indicated that they were citizens in both waves of the survey. Only 85 respondents said they were non-citizens in both waves.

[What to know how political science explains Trump’s unlikely candidacy? We’ve got you covered]

But the remaining 56 respondents actually changed their response between 2010 and 2012 — including 20 who responded that they were citizens in 2010 but non-citizens in 2012, a highly unrealistic change.

Thus, it appears as though about 0.1-0.3 percent of respondents are citizens who incorrectly identify themselves as non-citizens in the survey. With a sample size of 19,000, even this low rate of error can result in a number of responses that appear notable when they are not. The mistake that Richman and his colleagues made was to isolate this small portion of the sample and extrapolate from it as if it were representative of some larger population."

Last edited:
I am probably registered in more than one state since I moved recently. A bunch of people died over the last year. Most of them probably didn't contact the SOS and tell them to take them off the voter rolls.

That is a very different thing than either me, or them voting in more than one state, or voting while dead.

Voter registration records and voter fraud are two very different things and you know it Eric.

"Trump thinks non-citizens are deciding elections. We debunked the research he’s citing."

This may behind a paywall, so I copied a large quote below.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...lections-we-debunked-the-research-hes-citing/

"Donald Trump has increasingly sought to cast doubt on the validity of the upcoming 2016 election outcome, claiming that the results will be “rigged.” He recently cited a studyby political scientists Jesse Richman, Gulshan Chattha, and David Earnest that purports to use data from a large national survey — the Cooperative Congressional Election Study (CCES) — to show that some non-citizens have voted in previous elections. This study was summarized at The Monkey Cage and provoked three rebuttals (here, here, and here) as well as a response from the authors.

After this exchange, we published a peer-reviewed piece arguing that this study is wrong and that there is absolutely no evidence from the data that non-citizens voted in recent presidential elections.

We argue that the findings in the Richman et al. article can be entirely explained by measurement error. Specifically, survey respondents occasionally select the incorrect response to a question merely by accident.

In 2012, we re-interviewed 19,000 respondents who had originally taken the CCES survey in 2010. We asked about a respondent’s citizenship status in both 2010 and 2012. A very large fraction (99.25 percent) of respondents indicated that they were citizens in both waves of the survey. Only 85 respondents said they were non-citizens in both waves.

[What to know how political science explains Trump’s unlikely candidacy? We’ve got you covered]

But the remaining 56 respondents actually changed their response between 2010 and 2012 — including 20 who responded that they were citizens in 2010 but non-citizens in 2012, a highly unrealistic change.

Thus, it appears as though about 0.1-0.3 percent of respondents are citizens who incorrectly identify themselves as non-citizens in the survey. With a sample size of 19,000, even this low rate of error can result in a number of responses that appear notable when they are not. The mistake that Richman and his colleagues made was to isolate this small portion of the sample and extrapolate from it as if it were representative of some larger population."

This is the same "fake news" aka "legitimate fourth estate" MSM that's been filling your head full of lies and misinformation.

And you're totally oblivious and clueless to be non the wiser. (aka useful idiot)

Split hairs all you want, Quags. Trump said illegal voters, not just illegals who vote.... your spin-checkers are choosing to try and focus on just illegal aliens and non-citizens, but that's not the largest segment of illegal voters.

There are over 1.5M people in nursing homes, and 2.5M deaths annually. There's no way to quantify how many of those absentee ballots are submitted without any input whatsoever from the person whose name is on the ballot, but it's not insignificant.

The bigger potential for fraud is people who move and never get purged from the voting rolls. Just google "bragging about voting twice" and you'll find enough stories to keep you busy for hours...

Pew did a study in 2012 which is free, and came up with similar results -- around 2.7M people who appeared to be registered in 2 or more states, and another 1.8M who were deceased yet still registered. By their research, 1 out of 8 voter registrations were invalid (13% for those who can't convert fractions).

Given 126+ million voted for either Clinton or Trump, your 4.5M makes up 3.5% of that electorate. When you figure the 4.5M against the over 200M registered voters it goes down to 2.2%, or about 1 out of 45 voter registrations were invalid.

Thanks for the math lesson. Sorry I went over one line, this was too stupid to pass up.

7BBQ_fdN_normal.jpg
Marc E. Elias (@marceelias)
11/27/16, 21:02
We are getting attacked for participating in a recount that we didn't ask for by the man who won election but thinks there was massive fraud

^^^^^^^^ Clinton campaign attorney ^^^^^^^^

Complete waste of time, resources and focus.
Just more fuel for the fire that will continue to divide us.

Indeed, and even if some bizarre mechanism could be found to have hillary usurp the election, the undesired and tragic result might likely be mostly liberal blood freely flowing in the streets across America anyway.

I'd hope to be wrong there, but too many people have far past had it with all the enforced leftist insanity methinks, and gun sales increasingly broke all previous records almost every year during the obama infestation. I'm guessing precious few of which were purchased by liberals. Crowning hillary "queen" at this point would very possibly produce serious repercussions that I don't even want to imagine.

No matter. It's years past time for us all to remember that whatever our huge differences, we're of one country here and we're all essentially in this together....Like it or not.

Last edited:
It's all just another attempt to de-legitimize the election results, as we saw in 2000.

It's sad how Democrats and liberals get wrapped around the axle on any perception of their supporters being disenfranchised, particularly in the run-up to an election, but they have no problem disenfranchising the people who vote against them.