Emb-170s?

robbedagain

Veteran
Oct 13, 2003
Visit site
When is JB getting its first EMB-170s and where would they base them at? I have heard Pitt would be the base but I dont know. IF so, is it possible that they would fly them into say ABE or AVP and let the pax connect to other JB flights?

JetBlue is not getting any 170s. They placed their order for 190s. As I understand it, those are not yet in production. They still have to undergo several months of further testing before being certified. I believe it will be sometime late next year or early 2005 when JetBlue starts to receive the new EMBs.

I thought I'd heard something along the lines of using Pittsburgh for a base for the EMB-190s. I guess I'm wrong on that. Would ABE qualify as a small market potential for a flight to JFK when they have the 190s?

For some reason, PIT seems to be the answer to everything...

Where will Virgin America hub?...PIT
Where will JB base its E-170's?...PIT
Where will the new ACA LCC hub?...PIT
What city is targeted for the next WN focus?...PIT
What city is over-rated (other than MCI) as a "great" potential O&D generator?...PIT

Flying Titan said:
JetBlue is not getting any 170s. They placed their order for 190s. As I understand it, those are not yet in production. They still have to undergo several months of further testing before being certified. I believe it will be sometime late next year or early 2005 when JetBlue starts to receive the new EMBs.
Actually I think the press release said 6 deliveries starting August of '05, and 25 in '06. So first rev. flight Sept. or Oct.? As for where, I would guess JFK and BOS.

Latest posts

Back