Envoy service

phlus2

Senior
Apr 11, 2007
Friend of mine flew PHL - LGW on Tuesday night, and said there were only two FA's in Envoy. Is this normal these days? How can anyone expect to provide a level of service that is "business class" with two FA's for 24 passengers?

He also said the food was absolutely awful.

By the way - I flew EWR - LGW on CO on Tuesday night - there were 7 FA's for 48 Business passengers. And - after coach service was over 3 or 4 more FA's came up front to help finish the service! Won't ever see that happening on US I bet!

From what I've seen, AA has 2 FA's on 767 and A300 for DOMESTIC first and the 767 also had a galley hag. And I always see FA's from Y helping out. AA's domestic FC is probably better than envoy...particulalrly if it is a transcon.

From what I've seen, AA has 2 FA's on 767 and A300 for DOMESTIC first and the 767 also had a galley hag. And I always see FA's from Y helping out. AA's domestic FC is probably better than envoy...particulalrly if it is a transcon.
No it isn't. Usairways service is on par with other airlines. You'd be surprised just how in line our service is with others. :lol: Ok I can't even get that out without wanting to pee myself. What talent we have. Go go focus groups. :lol:

Friend of mine flew PHL - LGW on Tuesday night, and said there were only two FA's in Envoy. Is this normal these days? How can anyone expect to provide a level of service that is "business class" with two FA's for 24 passengers?

By the way - I flew EWR - LGW on CO on Tuesday night - there were 7 FA's for 48 Business passengers. And - after coach service was over 3 or 4 more FA's came up front to help finish the service! Won't ever see that happening on US I bet!

7 F/A's for 48 pax seems a bit much....as equally painful as "no service/attention" is not being able to rest or eat without being interrupted to "get you something." LOL

That being said, the worst, bar none, the absolute WORST, "business class" flight I've EVER been on was US this summer....

Of course, that was a "nesting" issue....we all know there weren't enough gates to get the airplanes clean and the food edible. :blink:

And I always see FA's from Y helping out. AA's domestic FC is probably better than envoy...particulalrly if it is a transcon.

I can verify this and say with accuracy this is true. I fly AA in F....as recently as 3 weeks ago, transcon. It is better.

Then again, I can promise you, except maybe for space, CO B737 and B738's transcon F is better then US Envoy...same for UA.

And CO does fly those "Biz First" rigs around the domestic system.....talk about nice. Did EWR-IAH on a B762, Biz First rig.....man alive is that nice. Amazing service...decent food.

Then again, CO doesn't have a "nesting" issue in EWR or IAH....because they have enough gates, they can get the airplanes clean, repaired and decent food.

It's amazing how many problems "improper nesting" creates.

Why do you compare US to CO. We are run by the idiots in TEMPE they don' care about service stick with flying CO.

That being said, the worst, bar none, the absolute WORST, "business class" flight I've EVER been on was US this summer....

Of course, that was a "nesting" issue....we all know there weren't enough gates to get the airplanes clean and the food edible. :blink:

Gee, Van....I thought the planes were filthy because CCY never bothered to clean them before Lights Out in 1995. :p

Currently...

B757- two. The CSD in the aisle, the D in the galley.

B767- two. CSD in the aisle, D in the galley, sometimes the aisle.

A330- three. CSD and D in the aisle, E in the galley. H was also in the galley until recently, now they work in the back. Being E sucks.

Actually on the 330, there are 3 F/As up front but you don't see the "E" F/A who is the galley hag and doing all of your cooking. For 24 people I think having 3 F/As taking care of you while 5 or 6 take care of the other couple hundred in the back is pretty good....and yes, "E" is the pits even for someone like me who likes to be alone and do my own thing.

If you don't like our service, then stop flying our airline and stop coming on here and complaining about it. It is bad enough that we have to hear it at work all day. Then we come on here and still hear complaints about the airplanes and our service. You already know how this airline is run and how things are so stop comparing us to other major carriers. Do you go to Wal-Mart and complain to them because they don't offer the same service as say Nordstoms? Those are two totally different stores with totally different business models just like we aren't like the major carriers. Things have changed! It is what it is. Get over it!

If you don't like our service, then stop flying our airline and stop coming on here and complaining about it. It is bad enough that we have to hear it at work all day. Then we come on here and still hear complaints about the airplanes and our service. You already know how this airline is run and how things are so stop comparing us to other major carriers. Do you go to Wal-Mart and complain to them because they don't offer the same service as say Nordstoms? Those are two totally different stores with totally different business models just like we aren't like the major carriers. Things have changed! It is what it is. Get over it!
AMEN to that !!!!

Your analogy is a poor one. Wal*Mart doesn't charge Nordstroms prices or hold itself out to be a lower cost version of Nordstroms. US holds itself out as a low fare (yes, low fare, not low cost) full service carrier. Their fares are outrageous for the level of service (none) the provide.

The same thing you say to FF's, could be said to you... being a reserve sucks and it won't change...so quit and stop complaining about how crappy your life is. Being a reserve is what it is so get over it.

I agree with you flightchic! He needs to get over it. LOL

Your analogy is a poor one. Wal*Mart doesn't charge Nordstroms prices or hold itself out to be a lower cost version of Nordstroms. US holds itself out as a low fare (yes, low fare, not low cost) full service carrier. Their fares are outrageous for the level of service (none) the provide.

Then why are you still flying on us? I agree with flightchic and everyone else, you have a choice of carriers.

Back