Equity Update

I have 34 years with American and I can give you an update.

I am thinking if you had an update to share you would have. Most of the other people who have posted here recently have said they are looking for one also. I am not sure what seniority has to do with it. I am looking for an update, not trouble. Millions of dollars will be distributed soon. Maybe? It would be nice to know what the latest information is.

I am thinking if you had an update to share you would have. Most of the other people who have posted here recently have said they are looking for one also. I am not sure what seniority has to do with it. I am looking for an update, not trouble. Millions of dollars will be distributed soon. Maybe? It would be nice to know what the latest information is.

Sorry, I just first I do not trust them and how they return it should be how they took it. Then since the money did well, how do they return that.

The amount per person will probably be less than a normal paycheck after all the administrative fees , penalty fees , F-U fees .... etc..... It’s always an underwhelming, non-impactful amount, whenever we are supposed to get something from the company , I expect the same from the union. Don’t get me wrong , I’ll take the money , but I think if was done without the expected corruption it would be more .

The amount per person will probably be less than a normal paycheck after all the administrative fees , penalty fees , F-U fees .... etc..... It’s always an underwhelming, non-impactful amount, whenever we are supposed to get something from the company , I expect the same from the union. Don’t get me wrong , I’ll take the money , but I think if was done without the expected corruption it would be more .

When you asked what amount we were supposed to be getting, my answer referred to the total value of what was still being held. That is the only figure that has been announced. Of course I do not think we will all be getting $80 million. We have not been told what our individual amounts will be and I don't think anyone here can answer that question. From what I understand, it will be paid out similarly to how the stock was given out and the higher your seniority, the higher your payment will be.

Bob has thrown out some numbers in the past by his calculations, but I do not think he could know for sure, although he could be right. @bob@las-AA do you have any new ideas?

The less than a normal paycheck estimate is probably spot on.As noted above, the FU fees, the double dip by the international AND having to pay AA to get the information and assist in the distribution of the equity will result in crumbs for us.Plus we'll end up with a tax hit on this "Capital Gain".

I expect little to nothing from the International and they've never let me down.

Lets just say that the outrage you have been hearing over the TWU not being prepared once the case was closed will be nothing compared to the shock folks will have when they see how small the checks actually are. I have heard for Fleet that $300-$700 once the IRS is done shredding it. Of course we were screwed when the TWU decided to use my/our money to defend the case from the very beginning.

The less than a normal paycheck estimate is probably spot on.As noted above, the FU fees, the double dip by the international AND having to pay AA to get the information and assist in the distribution of the equity will result in crumbs for us.Plus we'll end up with a tax hit on this "Capital Gain".

I expect little to nothing from the International and they've never let me down.
Agree JFK, and in most cases consistency is a good trait to have unless you're the TWU.

The union use to provide documents showing exactly how much there was. The last time they did that I believe it did show approximately $80 plus million.

When you asked what amount we were supposed to be getting, my answer referred to the total value of what was still being held. That is the only figure that has been announced. Of course I do not think we will all be getting $80 million. We have not been told what our individual amounts will be and I don't think anyone here can answer that question. From what I understand, it will be paid out similarly to how the stock was given out and the higher your seniority, the higher your payment will be.

Bob has thrown out some numbers in the past by his calculations, but I do not think he could know for sure, although he could be right. @bob@las-AA do you have any new ideas?
None, we will never know how much was in the fund before a distribution. We will also never know the number they distribute too, I know the number, but they will never inform us, because the number of members who got it last time should not have grown. It has been long enough, and the IRS should have informed Mike Mayes whether or not that fund will have a tax levied on it.

Latest posts

Back