Ethics – Everywhere, Everyday

ContUNITEus

Veteran
May 4, 2011
https://wings.usairways.com/uswings/about_usairways/ethics

I recorded two telephone conversations. One involved supervisor Jared W. In that conversation he stated that an investigation into a conflict that happened between EAST and WEST Crews about whether it was permitted to skip the line at the TSA checkpoint in Phoenix, had been started by the TSA.

When I finally got in touch with the TSA Agent that was named in a purported report that US Airways claimed to have, this same agent set the record straight and elaborated in detail on the fact that it was US Airways management that persuaded someone (a third party at the TSA) to write a statement (that on top of everything was dated incorrectly).

Now, I don’t want to elaborate further (on this east vs. west issue) so as to not distract from the subject that I am trying to highlight, which is the ‘lack of ethics’ coming from management while conducting an investigation. I am referring to the unethical act of ‘misrepresenting facts and providing false information in company investigations, being committed by the same managerial staff that is supposed to uphold this ethical benchmark.

Now keep in mind that I have both of these recordings. One conversation where the supervisor states that it was the TSA that started the investigation and the other conversation states that it was US Airways that started it. Now, please note: Arizona has a one party notification law regarding telephone conversations, meaning it is sufficient for one party only to be aware of the recording, that, of course, being me.

I brought this unethical conduct (the misrepresentation of facts) to the attention of both Daniel Pon (Vice President of Human Resources) and Hector Adler (Vice President of In-Flight Services) during two separate phone conversations that I had with them. Additionally, I also wrote a short email to Lucretia Guia in the legal affairs department and added excerpts of the recorded conversations.

None of the above people that I contacted showed even a hint of any desire of upholding these so called high standards of ethics upon their own supervisory staff. There has been no accountability for the lies that were made during this investigation. Based on this experience with US Airways, it is my opinion that we are dealing with highly corrupt people. The only reaction to my inquiry to the above people was that the TSA refused to cooperate any further with me, after they were contacted by the US Airways legal team.

So, if there is any point in posting this, it is to inform people about the types of managers that we are dealing with. When a small lie like the above is uncovered, by someone as insignificant as me, a whole army of lawyers is still mobilized to protect the chain of unscrupulous low-life managers and supervisors. Trying to break this gang might be tough, but I do believe that the more people get together in exposing the lack of ETHICS at US Airways, the better of a chance there might be in the future for there to be any ethics at all.

This same lack of ethics affects every aspect of the business, from how honestly the company deals with customers during service disruptions, to investigations being conducted by government entities, and all the way to the way they deal with the employees or employee groups. This management just does not work in good faith.

Reactions: 9 people
So, if there is any point in posting this, it is to inform people about the types of managers that we are dealing with. When a small lie like the above is uncovered, by someone as insignificant as me, a whole army of lawyers is still mobilized to protect the chain of unscrupulous low-life managers and supervisors. Trying to break this gang might be tough, but I do believe that the more people get together in exposing the lack of ETHICS at US Airways, the better of a chance there might be in the future for there to be any ethics at all.
Well done! I applaud your efforts. B)

It appears that management is concerned about Ethics only so far as they can be used to protect profits, promote their careers and persecute employees...

Reactions: 1 person
The only reason this management team would be interested in something named ethics is if it was 14%+ or 80+ proof.....

I never got to post the recordings.

Had some trouble finding a place where to upload the recording

But here you have it.

See the link

http://megaswf.com/serve/1158556

Had some trouble finding a place where to upload the recording

But here you have it.

Sigh. :huh:

I hope you are independently wealthy, and have huge sums to waste on attorneys fees. I suspect your emotions have just made you permanently unemployable and painted a huge target on your back.

I recommend you get rid of that for your own well being. I am trying to be kind.

Management lies sometimes. We know. Don't destroy your life being silly. Take it down before it spreads like wildfire. Not a good career move, at US, or anywhere.

Reactions: 2 people
Sigh. :huh:

I hope you are independently wealthy, and have huge sums to waste on attorneys fees. I suspect your emotions have just made you permanently unemployable and painted a huge target on your back.

I recommend you get rid of that for your own well being. I am trying to be kind.

Management lies sometimes. We know. Don't destroy your life being silly. Take it down before it spreads like wildfire. Not a good career move, at US, or anywhere.

Thank you for your input Mr Monday Morning Quarterback,