Reminder about recording telephone conversations in AZ

ContUNITEus

Veteran
May 4, 2011
Recently, I have been getting calls from friends that have had interactions with Barbara T. and other people in PHX management.

I just want to remind you that recording telephone conversations, when done within the state of Arizona and with Arizona based devices, is perfectly fine without the other party knowing about it.
http://www.ahwatukee...19bb2963f4.html

When you receive an unexpected telephone call from Barbara T., or anyone else from management, do not talk to them at that time. Politely explain that you cannot take the call at the time, say that you are driving, and that you will be more than happy to call back. Set yourself up somewhere (within AZ), where you can record the conversation, so that it is on record.

Remember that Barbara will always use her sweetened voice, telling you that you are just “oh, such an awesome flight attendant,” just to get you into talking mode. Her fake voice will sound something like this: https://www.youtube....h?v=xZ9WLVXe4-k (I know it is an extreme example, but it is the closest one that I could find to illustrate when she is in fake mode.) I point out the fake voice because, well, it is fake, along with everything else that comes in that package, even when you encounter her in person. If you have ever interacted with her, you know what I am talking about.

As for Chris H., when under pressure, he will actually get bitchy, which is a great thing to capture on tape, just in case if you ever need it to show the lack of professionalism.

The point is that they are not perfect. You want to catch them saying something that is against the law or unprofessional, despite them having their corrupt people above them that protect them. The best thing to do is to always be ready. Some friends don't believe me at first, but then I get called back about it, when they do actually finally have the pleasure of interacting with one of them. You never know when you will ever have that golden opportunity to capture evidence of their inappropriate and even illegal conduct. Also, assume that they also may be on a line (just like when talking to scheduling) that is being recorded. Barbara will, though, use her company issued cell phone, at times.

I just want to remind you that recording telephone conversations, when done within the state of Arizona and with Arizona based devices, is perfectly fine without the other party knowing about it.
I never understood the big deal about this law. If I wrote down a transcription of everything that was said in a phone conversation I had with another party, and released it to everyone, I would violate no law in any State provided I am not involved in a privileged discussion or related to Federal security matters. So what's the difference between a written log versus a recorded conversation? Hell, if anything, the recorded conversation would confirm what was said versus what was omitted. As a "spook" once told me, "Just go with the assumption that everything you say on a phone, type on the internet or send in the mail that someone is seeing it and it is public information."

I would also say, I am driving at this time..... Can we have this conversation in person? It would be much better for me to come in and sit with you. I will also be bringing my local Union rep as well..... what would be a good time for you?

The key is being sure that both parties are in a state (like AZ) that allows this, and that the phone numbers on either end are registered in a state that doesn't have this restriction.

For iPhone, there are numerous apps that you can use to record a call. I suspect there are also apps available for other types of smartphones.

Recently, I have been getting calls from friends that have had interactions with Barbara T. and other people in PHX management.

When you receive an unexpected telephone call from Barbara T., or anyone else from management, do not talk to them at that time. Politely explain that you cannot take the call at the time, say that you are driving, and that you will be more than happy to call back. Set yourself up somewhere (within AZ), where you can record the conversation, so that it is on record.

Remember that Barbara will always use her sweetened voice, telling you that you are just “oh, such an awesome flight attendant,” just to get you into talking mode. Her fake voice will sound something like this: https://www.youtube....h?v=xZ9WLVXe4-k (I know it is an extreme example, but it is the closest one that I could find to illustrate when she is in fake mode.) I point out the fake voice because, well, it is fake, along with everything else that comes in that package, even when you encounter her in person. If you have ever interacted with her, you know what I am talking about.

As for Chris H., when under pressure, he will actually get bitchy, which is a great thing to capture on tape, just in case if you ever need it to show the lack of professionalism.

The point is that they are not perfect. You want to catch them saying something that is against the law or unprofessional, despite them having their corrupt people above them that protect them. The best thing to do is to always be ready. Some friends don't believe me at first, but then I get called back about it, when they do actually finally have the pleasure of interacting with one of them. You never know when you will ever have that golden opportunity to capture evidence of their inappropriate and even illegal conduct. Also, assume that they also may be on a line (just like when talking to scheduling) that is being recorded. Barbara will, though, use her company issued cell phone, at times.

What's the context here? Are they trying to trick you into saying you work for al Qaeda or something? Or is it just a hobby of yours to get managers fired?

It is about using the tools that are legally available to you, in order to deal with unethical people like Barb Trella and Chris, and the rest of the corrupt management at US Airways. It is about having actual evidence, instead of just notes. Notes are something that can be altered or discriminately used (meaning you reference what suits you at the moment). Besides, they are experts at manipulation and covering up, despite having this current 'Notes' system. There is nothing better than actually capturing the moment as audio or video.

You probabably should be fired and really seek some help with your issues.

I think one should be on guard against those unscrupulous managers - completely lacking in personal integrity - whose job it is to railroad, scapegoat, and throw under the bus front line employees when the opportunity to do so shows itself. One wonders if sociopaths ever had it so easy climbing a corporate latter...

Back