European Polution Law

Europe needs to trade with China more than China needs their currency. I lived in France for a couple months last year, and just about everything I saw at the stores that was non-perishable had a "fabrique' en Chine" tag on it. Even at the airport souvenir stands, trying to find something other than wine or cheese which was actually "fabrique en France" was a bit difficult.

More than just cheap airport souvenirs are being made in China. Airbus has a production line in China for the A320. Guess the unions in Europe are not as powerfull as some people seem to think.

Maybe the U.S. could start charging PFC's, security fees, etc on tickets departing/arriving at EU airports. Tack on an ATC fee too. Collect excise taxes, fuel taxes, whatever taxes on tickets sold in the EU. Heck, charge landing and ground handling fees for flights into/out of EU airports. Add a tax on ground facilities - ramps, ticket counters, etc - used at EU airports. The sky is the limit on charges the U.S. could impose on flights that never get close to the U.S. We could solve our budget problems almost overnight...

My appologies. I didn't realise that these services were free in the U.S. You are nice people

You do know that it's just not the engines that determin how much fuel an aircraft burns. How light and aerodynamically efficent an aircraft is plays a part as well. So you might want to call the folks in Toulouse and let themknow they are not up o standards. Whatever that standard is.
A bit of an odd statement. Where did you hear, or even better, read this ? Are you stating that it costs more and creates more CO2 to operate an Airbus than a Boeing ? i doubt there is much differance in the drag of either of them.

More than just cheap airport souvenirs are being made in China. Airbus has a production line in China for the A320. Guess the unions in Europe are not as powerfull as some people seem to think.
seem to recall the first western airliner poduction with "fabrique' en Chine" on it was MD80. I'm sure the folks on the production line in Long Beach were real happy about that

A bit of an odd statement. Where did you hear, or even better, read this ? Are you stating that it costs more and creates more CO2 to operate an Airbus than a Boeing ? i doubt there is much differance in the drag of either of them.

Where did I hear what? That an aircrafts wieght and aerodynamics have a dircet affect on fuel burn? It's a fact, thats where.

Where did I say anything about the difference between Airbus and Boeing when it comes to emmisions? Nowwhere asfar as I know. I just mentioned Airbus since it's a European company.

What exactly is the standard required and do you have any evidence to supporrt your claim tha tthey have done little to meet it? I'm going to say you don't. Engine manufacturers have invested billions into making more efficent engines. Pratt has invested heavily in it's geared turbo fan which promises to decrease fuel burn by around 10-15%. GE has come up with the GENex for the 787 and 747-800. RR with the Trent 1000. They did not do this becasue the airlines were on them about fines from the EU. They did this becasue airlines want to spend less money on fuel.
In essence, you are quite correct. Future airliners will burn less fuel, and will pay smaller or no fines at all. There also a move in bio fuels. But what of the current crop of engines. Have the airlines pressured the engine builders to try and reduce the carbon emissions. For example. modifying the engines to have a CO2 sensor and feeding the info to the EEC to correct the burn. It should be possible at a cost, but I doubt if airlines have. The airline accountants reckoned it would be more cost effective to lobby the legislative or even pay the fine.

383283_2432130958335_1103484368_31903761_962074890_n.jpg

Guess we have an idea on how the Chinese are taking it.

http://atwonline.com/international-aviation-regulation/news/lufthansa-ceo-a380-rights-shanghai-denied-ets-dispute-0320