F9 To Cananda Hmmmm

Where’s your proof CH12??? Show the reason you post that??? The reason F9 looks for other routes outside of Denver is to offer service to destinations outside the lower 48 to folks WHO only have a choice of flying the higher cost legacies. Now think about it!!! Does SWA fly to Mexico, Alaska, Canada, or the Caribbean??? NO they don't and the reason why is they are a Lower 48 LCC! There is no disputing the power that SWA thinks they have on the airline market. But what they really provide is a service that is affordable to ALL, mostly to the poor, the financially challenged, and now to the OVERWHELMING influx of illegal immigrants that the US government continues to ignore with every passing day.

Now think about this one, ATA stops flying services to Denver and beyond! Why because SWA is a code share partner and feels they can afford to utilize the 16 or so aircraft that have been idled from the recent events in the gulf region. SO the only reason Frontier is seeking authority to fly to Canada is to continue to provide great service to destination that Denver residents and the residents of other cities we currently fly to more LCC choices. It does put Air Canada and UniTED both on notice that F9 is going to continue to pull traffic away from them no matter what it takes.

Post facts CH12 not your un-biased opinion, like others it STILL STINKS.
:down:

WN caters to the poor and finacially challenged? where do you people get off saying such rediculous things? who has rapid rewards with WN?
Duchess of York (S. Furgeson)
Aaron Neville
Ashley Judd
Sec. of State Condi
Oprah
JUST TO NAME A FEW....i think you are confusing somthing in your head. People are SMART- not cash strapped. WHY pay 800.00 when you can pay 300.00 for better service and high frequency? Think about your acusations and hasty generalizations.

Yeah right, I'd like to see anyone of those multi millionaires flying on SWA. Do you really think folks like that care how much they pay for a plane ticket. I am sure you'll find people with that kind of money being catered to more in FC on UAL or Delta.

Yeah right, I'd like to see anyone of those multi millionaires flying on SWA. Do you really think folks like that care how much they pay for a plane ticket. I am sure you'll find people with that kind of money being catered to more in FC on UAL or Delta.

Well, Mr. Fish, if you'd like to meet some of the wealthiest folks in America come aboard! Many of the well-to-do fly on Southwest Airlines for the simple reason that it gets them where they're going reliably and at a cheap price. These are the people who got where they are by not pissing away money on unnecessary frivolities.

If Sharon Stone can get from OAK to BUR for $59 vs. paying several grand for a charter she'll do it (as she did on one of my flights a few weeks ago.) Want to witness it for yourself? Try a Nashville-Austin flight to pick up the Country Music crowd. CRP-HOU-LAX will get you Farrah Fawcett occasionally. With over 3,000 flights/day domestically, the list of notable passengers is way too long just to counter your uninformed knowledge of SWA's extremely diverse customer base.

(They wealthy probably also own personal entertainment devices and so find the installation of seat-back IFE superfluous expenditures. :D )

Fishy, fishy...you sure do get worked up and for somebody that touts FACTS...you sure don't ever post any. What is any more factual about your post than mine? The first target for an airline is profitability...THEN they can worry about "offering choices" to the customers. F9 has to go to Canada and Mexico b/c WN is not there. Why do you argue but present the same point that I did? I said in one sentence what you reiterated in a grueling novel. And the best FACT of all (which...where did you say yours were? I cannot find any) that F9 is not healthy like you tend to believe is that many of my friends...in mgmt (you know...the rats that can smell things coming) have left F9 in recent months. There is an exodus and that usually doesn't spell "good times". reality check time.

New people coming on board here at F9 have been running the trash out Ch. 12 thats all. Who do YOU work for by the way? What BK airline do you work for???? You still have NO facts :up:

New people coming on board here at F9 have been running the trash out Ch. 12 thats all. Who do YOU work for by the way? What BK airline do you work for???? You still have NO facts :up:

Sorry but I thought that knowing that people are flocking away would be a fact. And no...there aren't many new people coming on.

And why are you arguing? We both have the same viewpoint...F9 is looking to fly places that WN does not and seemingly will not go to in the immediate future (Mexico and Canada). We both said that and that is a wise move.

And I work for DL, thanks. I never said my situation was rosy but do you want me to pretend that it is like you? I am a realist, not an unrealistic cheerleader. It lessens the pain when reality sets in.

HMMM, no one coming in HUH? Guess you don't look at job postings at F9. Most of those jobs aren't open because your friends got fired Ch 12. We'll still see you here next year as we continue to grow our market share. You still didn't say WHO YOU work for Ch12???????

We'll still see you here next year as we continue to grow our market share.

Market share is nice. Profits are better. Too many airline CEOs (and employees) forget that carrying a lot of people doesn't equate to a successful airline. The only credentials that will get you inducted into the successful airline club are black ink on the bottom line for the investors and paychecks in the employees bank accounts.

(PS -- the BusDrvr had his turn being recognized by my avatar. Now it's YOUR turn, Mr. Fish! :) )

HMMM, no one coming in HUH? Guess you don't look at job postings at F9. Most of those jobs aren't open because your friends got fired Ch 12. We'll still see you here next year as we continue to grow our market share. You still didn't say WHO YOU work for Ch12???????

Posting jobs to fill vacancies and having people "flock to F9" are very different. One shows a need. You keep refuting yourself...but it makes my life easy. Thanks. And please keep emotional idiocy out of this. Nobody was fired so quit trying to make this into a Jerry Springer show (oh wait...looking at your track record, you already have several times).

Help yourself in market share. As F9 goes to more Canadian and Mexican markets where they are the only carrier, OF COURSE they will gain market share.

As for which carrier I work for...I'll just keep that my little secret...right, Fly? ;)

And the best FACT of all (which...where did you say yours were? I cannot find any) that F9 is not healthy like you tend to believe is that many of my friends...in mgmt (you know...the rats that can smell things coming) have left F9 in recent months. There is an exodus and that usually doesn't spell "good times". reality check time.

Ch.12,
Frontier lost their COO to a major Canadian Airline because they offered a ton more money and a better position. I can't blame him for doing that and he will be sorely missed. Beyond that I don't agree with the "mass exodus" you alledge at Frontier. Some people have left for better positions elsewhere and some were told that elsewhere would be better for them. In any case, with the exception of Mr. Menke, all positions have been filled with higher quality personnel, which is making the company a better and stronger place.

I agree that Frontier is no financial juggernaut, but they are profitable and growing, which is more than most of the industry is doing. So back off on the doom and gloom at F9 and worry about your own BK proceedings.