FAA HEAD RANDY BABBIT GETS DUI

I have never been a fan of Randy Babbitt, especially since he has lately been giving the reach around to the ATA (or whatever their new flight attendant union name is) on our new duty rigs.

The fact he chose to drive at that level of impairment, and I understand this is alleged, implies he has a disease. Hope he gets some help.

I feel the same way about Doug, but I just find it ironic (but understandable) we peons could possibly lose our careers if we operated our aircraft under the same influence.

My guess is he fades into the sunset. I could not imagine Obama wanting the head of air traffic in the USA driving on the wrong side of the road. As Dana Carvey said.."not gonna happen."

RR

I don't know what Administrator Babbit's story is about how many drinks he had and when. Since somone already brought Doug Parker, one item that I remember about that is that he claimed to have had "a couple of beers". (Just about any cop will tell you that "a couple of beers" is what most DUI suspects claim). Doug Parker is not of slight build; I would guess his weight to be somewhere north of 180 pounds. Given his reported blood alcohol level of .09 (IIRC), that just does not add up, unless he metabolizes alcohol at a much slower rate than average.

It will be interesting to see what comes of Babitt's situation.

I don't know what Administrator Babbit's story is about how many drinks he had and when. Since somone already brought Doug Parker, one item that I remember about that is that he claimed to have had "a couple of beers". (Just about any cop will tell you that "a couple of beers" is what most DUI suspects claim). Doug Parker is not of slight build; I would guess his weight to be somewhere north of 180 pounds. Given his reported blood alcohol level of .09 (IIRC), that just does not add up, unless he metabolizes alcohol at a much slower rate than average.

It will be interesting to see what comes of Babitt's situation.
Does not matter now. He resigned this afternoon.

Story

He resigned this afternoon. No word yet on if offered a position with DP @ US :lol:
Well guys, there goes the new rest rules. The effort to improve working conditions has been quashed absolutely. Expect to see absolutely no changes in the near or far future.

He was certainly under a lot of stress, but it would have been smarter and cheaper to hire a driver!

Babbitt and Rebecca Hershmann were the champions of the new pilot rest rules.

Babbitt has not been nor has has ever been the champion of anything but his own political power. Please remember that he was the company shill working for AA trying to keep the mechanics form joining an independant union when the AMFA drive was going on and actually attended the informational meetings to ask question on behalf of the TWU and AA. Now lets not forget that his company was also hired to do the consulting for the 2003 agreement that put the concessions on the workers with as well.

Latest posts