Failed drug test termination fleet service please help.

Discussion in 'American Airlines' started by Micificent28, Jan 16, 2020.

1. delldude

delldude Veteran

Was company policy. It didn't motivate me or any others one way or another. You think I should drug test and counsel everyone on my crew then? It was one of those 'that's bullshit' moments in aviation.

2. La Li Lu Le Lo

La Li Lu Le Lo Veteran

Of course not!!!! I am saying the company appears to be trying to pressure the crew into self policing.

I agree.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. eolesen

eolesen Veteran

If you're supervising someone else's work, you're responsible and accountable for what they do. Testing their immediate supervisor rules out any chance of the employee blame-shifting their actions onto the supervisor and the company.

IIRC, anyone supervising a safety sensitive position is subject to random testing. In practice, that went up to the director level at legacy AA. Not sure if it still does.

4. swamt

swamt Veteran

Not where I work.
    Now, say, 4 guys are moving aircraft, strike a hangar, all 4 are sent for testing, however, the Lead and Sup sitting in their offices catching up and auditing the packages do not get sent, only the people involved.
    I do understand it very well may be that way at other placed and even in other industries. I still would NOT take a position where I would be drug tested for someone's stupidity, accident, etc. unless I was directly involved with the incident, a cause of said incident, or a factor of an incident. It would be different in my mind though if a lead instructed mechanics to do something in an unsafe manner or danger to employees, customers, and property damage ect...

5. eolesen

eolesen Veteran

If you're not using, you shouldn't need to worry about being tested... especially if you're already subject to randoms.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. swamt

swamt Veteran

Of course I'm not using. And yes I have given a plenty of randoms in my career.
    The less times the better to not get samples crossed at labs, transportation, delivery etc... YES it does happen and has happened. My reasoning was posted a while back, I have family members that do DOT drug testing for a living, and I hear many of stories from that side of the spector. It only takes one time, one mistake on their end and your done. So i simply "prefer" to limit my exposures to drug testing as much as possible. I even scringe when called for a random because of the stories I have heard. Not afraid of passing, afraid of mishandling, cross ups, and mistakes on their end. Here's my post from before:

7. diamondcutter

diamondcutter Veteran

Any updates , hoping for a favorable decision!

8. swamt

swamt Veteran

Hopefully a good one. I think AA has a second chance policy. But, I have recently read where an F/A was just hit with a random and hit a positive. This was his/her second positive hit at AA. The F/A is claiming a Keno Diet as the culprit to his positive and says he has Dr's written statements etc... Curious to how this one will turn out as well. In this case he was hit couple years back and given a second chance under AA's policy of second chances. However, I do believe and read that AA has an absolute "0" tolerance under the second chance rules on a second positive hit, so not even sure if this F/A will even be able to get his job back.

• Like Like x 1