Fair is Fair

TWU informer

Veteran
Nov 4, 2003

Like a lot of folks at American Airlines and in this Industry, I have a job.

I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit.

In order to get that paycheck, I am required to pass a random urine test with which I have no problem.

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them?

Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sitting on their ass, doing drugs, while I work.

Can you imagine how much money the Government would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?

I guess we could title that program, 'Urine or You're Out'.

That was hilarious. After reading all the doom amd gloom that is going on in our economy, i need a bit of cheer. LOL!

Like a lot of folks at American Airlines and in this Industry, I have a job.

I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit.

In order to get that paycheck, I am required to pass a random urine test with which I have no problem.

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them?

Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sitting on their ass, doing drugs, while I work.

Can you imagine how much money the Government would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?

I guess we could title that program, 'Urine or You're Out'.

Don't you realize that a lot of American's upper management, not to mention many little darlings in government, would be out on their ass if they too had to pass a drug test to remain employed?

If one isn't subject to drug testing, what incentive is there to not have an occasional toke?

Finally Dave passes something I fully agree with. Want your unemployment check? Be ready to drop trou and prove you're not wearing one of those "genital substitutes"...

Don't you realize that a lot of American's upper management, not to mention many little darlings in government, would be out on their ass if they too had to pass a drug test to remain employed?

If one isn't subject to drug testing, what incentive is there to not have an occasional toke?

Drug test requirements might continue all the way up the chain. We were looking at instituting random drug screens for employees in a non-FAA mandated workgroup, and were told that to do so we'd have to test all the way up from hourly thru management and into the VP level.

The friends I have who find the need for an occasional toke are the ones who are also the most likely to have never grown up and accepted responsibility... If they get busted, too damn bad.

Latest posts

Back