Farewell From Your Local 40 President

As I posted elsewhere, according to Teddy, if it is not in the East or West contracts presently it won't be in the combined contract. Although, with the right representation of people not afraid of the change, it could be done. They (union) have changed things to benefit their own agendas when they were in concession negos. One thing was to have f/as going into inflight management positions lose seniority. Why??? It didn't save anything. Teddy and others felt that f/a who chose "company" over union should be punished. Bottom line. It was one persons agenda item. We can get a rotating reserve with "new" blood running the show.
Get involved with your local. You seem to be very outspoken, and knowledgable. If you are not happy with the current agenda that your AFA ppl are working on, then step up to the plate and get involved. As Pitbull can tell you, in PIT we are getting some "new" blood. F/a's that are willing to get involved instead of sitting on the sidelines and complaining about the job that AFA is doing.

Good luck Teddy, all of you Flight Attendants treated me well when I commuted! You will be missed!

Teddy,
Wishing you the best that life has to offer. Your fight was and is appreciated by many, not just AFA, but many represented and nonrepresented people throughout the company. I hope that through growth, we will see you back amongst the ranks.

Be well, and godspeed.

As I posted elsewhere, according to Teddy, if it is not in the East or West contracts presently it won't be in the combined contract. Although, with the right representation of people not afraid of the change, it could be done. They (union) have changed things to benefit their own agendas when they were in concession negos. One thing was to have f/as going into inflight management positions lose seniority. Why??? It didn't save anything. Teddy and others felt that f/a who chose "company" over union should be punished. Bottom line. It was one persons agenda item. We can get a rotating reserve with "new" blood running the show.

Has this been an issue? Do you really think this would stop a qualified person for applying for an inflight management position? Since this was put into place, has there been any people in inflight management that chose to go back to flying instead of giving up their seniority? Let me rephrase that, has the inflight department lost anyone worth anything because of this new rule?

Has this been an issue? Do you really think this would stop a qualified person for applying for an inflight management position? Since this was put into place, has there been any people in inflight management that chose to go back to flying instead of giving up their seniority? Let me rephrase that, has the inflight department lost anyone worth anything because of this new rule?
Actually there have been several great supervisors who have gone back to the line becuase of this. I can think of at least one from every base! There is so little security in an airline at all, and even less without a seniority number.

Now - for all of us who have flown the line, would you rather have a supervisor who as worked a full 757 to the west coast, understaffed, with a snowstorm in Philly and a galley that is only half catered or a fresh college grad that has flown on an airplane once to spring break?

I'm not sure what Teddy and her cronies were trying to accomplish with this, but in the end, I promise we'll end up with clueless sups who bark at the minor details and have zero empathy.

yes there was, Peter P in PHL he was the best of the best!!!
he was in the know up to speed and really did care for the F/A group...best of luck to peter on line...his talent will be missed...

Now - for all of us who have flown the line, would you rather have a supervisor who as worked a full 757 to the west coast, understaffed, with a snowstorm in Philly and a galley that is only half catered or a fresh college grad that has flown on an airplane once to spring break?

That is beautiful!

PITBULL...Have not purused these boards for awhile now, but saw that Teddy is finally going on to better things in life. Please tell her for me, that although we may have disagreed in the past, her work was outstanding, and neverending. Tell her godspeed, and good luck!!! :up:

GOOD DAY!!!!

Actually there have been several great supervisors who have gone back to the line becuase of this. I can think of at least one from every base! There is so little security in an airline at all, and even less without a seniority number.

I'm not sure what Teddy and her cronies were trying to accomplish with this, but in the end, I promise we'll end up with clueless sups who bark at the minor details and have zero empathy.

Besides Jan Benard, who is still in inflght in PIT and a fair-minded sup, I found no supervisors that had any worth regardless whether they flew or not. In fact, they didn't want to fly and do everything in their power to hold those jobs and if that means being a "prick" of inflight, that is what they become especially in PHL. That is the way Jerry G has taught all of them from Director on down...specifically if they want to hold their jobs.

Hell, the worst of the bunches always got promoted in every concession.

And for your fyi...teddy did NOT write that language and was not part of the negotiating committee. Get your facts straight!

Besides Jan Benard, who is still in inflght in PIT and a fair-minded sup, I found no supervisors that had any worth regardless whether they flew or not. In fact, they didn't want to fly and do everything in their power to hold those jobs and if that means being a "prick" of inflight, that is what they become especially in PHL. That is the way Jerry G has taught all of them from Director on down...specifically if they want to hold their jobs.

And for your fyi...tedy did NOT write that language and was not part of the negotiating committee. Get your facts straight!

I guess the same thing could be said for such union leaders - they did everything in their power to keep those cush AFA jobs and keep from flying.

Your words above speak volumes of your charactor, or lack thereof.

Hey Teddy,
I have never met you and I'm kind'a new to this board, but good luck to you. These people really appreciate you.

If you want to talk about doing your homework, or about ignorance - do you have any idea what an inflight supervisor makes at US Airways? If a B scale flight attendant goes from the line to a sup position they make around $30,000.

Yes, I know Teddy. I also paid dues every month to support her salary. I also worked with F/A who I saw steal money on flights, then smoke weed on an overight. When they got fired, who got them their job back? Thanks for all that help Teddy - you've really made it a better place to work.

Like it or not it's a union reps job BY LAW to represent her membership. That she did it zealously makes her bad? I think the F/A in NC who produces a newsletter would beg to differ after the folks in CCY tried to set him up and fire him and Teddy was instrumental in getting his job back. When you become a union rep you must represent all of the membership even those who deserve to be fired. Sometimes you fight really hard for those who don't deserve it just to keep the "Glassholes" busy and build up support amongst the ranks for bigger battles.

I L O V E those newsletters!!!!! :up:

oh, and Teddy too!

If you want to talk about doing your homework, or about ignorance - do you have any idea what an inflight supervisor makes at US Airways? If a B scale flight attendant goes from the line to a sup position they make around $30,000.

Yes, I know Teddy. I also paid dues every month to support her salary. I also worked with F/A who I saw steal money on flights, then smoke weed on an overight. When they got fired, who got them their job back? Thanks for all that help Teddy - you've really made it a better place to work.

With any union, you have to take the good with the bad, I guess. The Union did their job, which was to protect a memeber. Personally, I hate to see stuff like this happen. I dont always agree with the union getting these people their jobs back...but, they are doing their job.

And for your fyi...tedy did NOT write that language and was not part of the negotiating committee. Get your facts straight!

I have been reading these postings on here for some time now and never chose to join or respond but I had to join and respond to this one. If "you want to get your facts straight", I would like to set the record on one. As one of those supervisors in PHL, I flew every single time scheduling was short and called me. I flew the past two Christmas holidays and various other times through the year when they needed people. Not to mention the times that I flew a co-fly trip and bought a f/a's trip from them on a holiday so they could stay home. So to say that everyone in PHL Inflight wanted to get out of flying is not true.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I take offense that you think everyone in PHL Inflight is a "prick". For 13 years I worked very hard for the f/a group and I think you will find many a f/a out there that would back me up on that. Sure, I did not make everyone happy by the sheer nature of my job but I approached everyone with dignity, respect, and fairness. More often than not, I cut people breaks and when I did issue discipline, it was usually after the person had been given numerous breaks.

Teddy, I have respect for your passion. You had a job to do and you put all of your energy into it. I might not have always agreed with what you said or the way you said it but you worked very hard for your people. I do not hold you responsible for the seniority clause in the new contract. I know that you were not on the negotiating team.

Latest posts