Favorite Boeing Jet of All Time

Which is your favorite Boeing Jet of All Time?

• 707 (includes 720)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

KSUpilot

Jun 6, 2006
There have been several of these polls for different airlines, but now we're going to take a look at the Boeing fleet itself.
The aircraft I am listing as options are all jets that have left the drawing board (ie no Sonic Cruiser or 7J7) and were assigned a 7X7 number (No MD-80 or other aircraft that Boeing acquired from MD, but 717 is okay).

I've always loved the look of the flying boats. I wonder if there is any chance of seeing one of those again from Boeing. It isn't a bad idea for a future Boeing Superjumbo. THe problem with A380 sized planes is getting them in their parking spots. The 380 wings clear by mere inches. One way to go around that is go outside the airport and have your superjumbo take off on water.
I saw this in a Popular Sciences article a little while back...it was an upscaled 747 fuselage with two normal 747 fuselages attached as the floats. Really strange design, but still really amazing.

With the A380, I've always wondered how they would load 500 head of "cattle" with their carry on baggage and not miss their take off slot. Some people only know slow and slower. :angry:

Lower and upperdeck probably complicates things as well. I can see people looking for the seat and not finding it because they are on the wrong deck. And what about the stairs to the upperdeck. All it takes is one person to take their time with putting their carryon up top and you have an immediate backup on the steps.

I remember in the 1980's flying on a DC-9 and it took over 30 mins. to load the plane and the pilot got on the PA system and was really ticked off. I never found out what the hold up was as I was up front and the problem was in back. I have watched several TV shows on the A380 but they never mention how they would load all the people or handle 500 people at one gate. If just 5% of the people are late or slow that is 25 people to deal with that will hold up the other 95%.

My all time favorite passenger jetliner was the old DC "stretch" 8 which Braniff used to fly to Central and South America. It was comfortable and smooth. I don't think they make DC-8s anymore?

I have to go with Boeing's only 3-holer. Watching that baby climb and leaving a nice trail was always a great memory for me as a kid. I get to see one every now and then, but I know the day is coming. ahhhhhhhhhh........

Too bad...I would have voted for the Stratocruiser. :)

I'm with you Kev; I would've voted for the B377 Stratocruiser too!

If I have to pick one of the jet-powered aircraft though, I would have to go with the 747-400. It still amazes me that something that big actually flies! Plus, you gotta like the crew rest area (a.k.a. "sin bin") in the vertical stabilizer too! ;)

Latest posts

Back